The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

I think that’s a excellent idea to have it as a sort of blog that shows the progress with your writing over time? similar to the updates in the lounge now but way more accessible and easy to go back to.

2 Likes

Yes. And I can make the update post a lot longer. Lounge I try to keep things concise for flow of conversation structure of The Lounge.

2 Likes

Further Impression of Control:
I’ve got 12 hours into this game. This game has no difficulty setting. So think Dark Souls… because it does ratchet it up but this in part due to how much power you gain just playing. I have a side mission boss I’ve been trying to beat for an hour. The thing I like about this game is I don’t feel the game is being unfair but more along the lines of Oh I goofed… dead… I got this let’s go again.

The game does have time sensitive side missions but if you choose not to do them that’s okay because they will cycle back for you to do them.

There have been a couple subtle nods to Alan Wake in the game and I like that. Like a big reference is a character briefly mentions in passing The Sudden Stop Movie. The Sudden Stop was the last book in Alan Wake’s series where he had the main character a hard boiled noir Max Payne like detective die. The Control Discord community has a spoiler theory:

The community is convinced Control and Alan Wake are apart of the same world. I haven’t seen hard evidence just but it would make a lot of sense to me. I think it’s more like Remedy reminding people they still remember Alan Wake.

The story is still good.

What ever happened to kemoka?

The specs look good but why the hell does no e-reader manufacturer say what size the battery is? It’s always “2-4 weeks”, “up to 4 weeks”, etc but that highly depends on the usage and the settings (wifi/mobile on/off, bluetooth, backlight on/off, how many hours per day?).
With a mAh number I can at least somewhat guesstimate how long it should last with my own usage.

Recently I had my Kindle 4th Gen open cause I suspected that the battery might have started bloating (nope) cause it doesn’t hold a charge as well as it used to (just having it laying around in standby got me months of battery life, now I’m down to 50% after 1 week since the last charge. But then again, it’s almost 7 years old.
To the point: the battery in the Kindle 4th Gen isn’t that big - neither actual size nor capacity. I don’t know if they improved on that part (probably likely, since they added backlight and other features that’s drain the battery faster) but imagine how long an e-reader would last with a 4000mAh battery inside on one charge.

1 Like

No idea. Not seen them around much

I’ve always wondered that. I mean I get that info for a phone and laptop but any E-reader nope. I get the battery life is long in e-readers but they really should provide that info.

1 Like

Because fuck you and your unwillingness to trust a manufacturer thats why /s

1 Like

I also remember GSM Arena listing the free storage in phones (ya know, like minus the OS and preinstalled crap) cause manufacturers (except Samsung, surprisingly in some cases) can’t be fucking bothered to tell you how much usable storage you actually get.
Remember the shitty situation when phones slowly started making it up from 4 to 8 to 16GB onboard storage but at the same time apps got also larger and people who had 4 or 8GB phones were given the middle finger cause suddenly they really needed a microSD cause they were left with around half of less of usable storage.
“Well, do you really need more than 64GB storage in a phone?” I don’t know. How much of that is actually fucking usable? It ain’t gonna be a whole 64GB. This is especially annoying with phones that don’t have a microSD slot. Fuck you, Google Apple OnePlus Xiaomi Huawei Oppo Honor Nokia Samsung etc. Yes, even the last two cause Samsung decided to exclude a microSD slot in the Note 10 (as well as a headphone jack; and yes, I know it has a whooping 256/512GB but still) and Nokia did this with the Nokia 9 (their fucking “flagship”).

Ray Tracing in Control is Pretty Neat [The following is a redacted {to avoid spoilers} screenshot]:

That leather… as a person who has leather jacket I can vouch that lighting is realistic to certain types of leather jackets. Not all leather jackets are shiny and the worn that have been worn for a bit have s distinct fade to them and you can tell the person wearing it has been wearing it for years.

I have read of others having issues with graphics and performance but I have not. Then again I got a RTX 2080 Ti so I consider myself an outlier.

I don’t know how close I am to finishing this game but it has been a joy to play through. I’m taking my time enjoying every moment.

2 Likes

Funnily enough my brother said the exact same thing to me about the game but he also has a RTX 2080 Ti too lol

3 Likes

Who needs more than 2 apps? /s

3 Likes

I finished Control.

What a ride. It was wonderful. There are a few side missions left for me to do and I can explore the different levels. Some of the side missions looked a little tedious so I was like I’ll save these for later. Once you finish the main story you can keep playing. I don’t know how long it took me to beat the main story of game.

There are two expansions planned for the game and I am excited to see what they do. Wait and see.

3 Likes

Anyone have 30 hours? (Estimated read time for the lounge XD)

Screenshot%20from%202019-09-02%2014-28-20

2 Likes

knowing the stuff that has been discussed in the lounge over the years Its certainly an interesting read, though given my total read time on the forum is 64 days It won’t be a huge stretch XD

2 Likes

It counts read time as being idle in a thread XD

1 Like

lol ye given I leave my computer on 24/7 and always have the lounge open. though I am pretty sure I’ve read almost everything in the lounge at this point lol.

1 Like

Ive missed no more than 100 posts. Not like i remember most of it though kek

1 Like

ye to think theirs been two years of discussions in the lounge its all kind of a blur but it and us have probably changed a lot since it started.

So this is what happens when you’re gone for 3 days I guess…

4 Likes