The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

^ this I’ve moved all of my bulk storage to my server and i’m much better for it. large amounts of storage over the network and fast SSDs for the client machines. can still access all of my media and files from any device over the network without so much of a thought its not stored locally.

1 Like

Back to square one.

2 Likes

Kobo E-Reader: The Save screen becomes the book cover of the ebook your reading… Yes this everything to me.

4 Likes

Is the small hole on the power button a charging indicator light?

1 Like

Yes.

2 Likes

What I did instead of my online class today: Control and Playing Destiny 2 to get my other two characters to level 50 before October 1.

Why?
Well because of what Bungie said. All gear for level 50 characthers will be set to 750, including what is in storage so I’m going to get the other two characters to level 50 as soon as possible.

Why Play Control didn’t you finish it?
Because I have side missions to do. Also I like exploring and seeing what I may have missed.

What about your class?:
I’ll do 3 hours tomorrow. Basically 1 hour on Monday Tuesday and Wednesday. Then 3 on Saturday. That’s how I’m doing it… oh I should schedule for my test. I’ll take care of that tomorrow.

When do you think Cyberpunk 2077 will get multiplayer and what it’ll be like?
After release and probably after an expansion or two. As for what’ll be like? I don’t know. If it could stay a FPS RPG with multiplayer…I’d probably like it. I mean it is based on a table top pen and paper game you play with others. Maybe make a campaign and others could play through it. That’d be a lot of work. I don’t expect multi player in 2020. Probably 2021-2022.

How’s the Kobo?
So far solid. But I’m going to finish off the books I have left to read on amazon before I start using the Kobo and before I read those I got to finish Good Omens which I should finish in about a week or two.
Loading my epub books was easy enough. Drag and Drop.

2 Likes

Will take better pics in daylight but just cleaned the driver’s side floor… As best I can with just shop towels and normal cleaning wet towels. Pretty good though I can see the floor again.

Compared to passenger side.

3 Likes

woot so my GPU is apparently GCN based so i get vulkan support :smiley:

(Firepro M4000)

3 Likes

FUCK YEAH. GTAV on linux is a thing :smiley:

SOOO happy as this means all my favorite games are playable :smiley:

4 Likes

With proton?

1 Like

yep. Just a matter of a few kernel params to get the driver working and it loaded right up zero issues

Linux now officially has better GPU support than windows XD

2 Likes

That’s awesome. GTA and fallout were a couple of the last sp games I dropped after moving to Ubuntu
I’ll look into starting it up this weekend.

1 Like

Im getting about 30% better framerate compared to the old radeon driver. A bit slower than native still but thats to be expected with proton

Might give DOOM a whirl since i actually have vulkan support and it wont be ASS

Just need a GPU that support vulkan and to install the proper librarys onto your system (use nixos so its handled for me)

1 Like

Welcome to the Calzone Zone!

2 Likes

yummy :yum:

2 Likes

Filled with tuna, red onions, red chili peppers, pizza sauce and cheese.
Forgot to make some garlic oil to brush on afterwards.

Now here is big advantage of Kobo over Kindle being able to browse and borrow E-books from my local library:

How?: It is integrated with Overdrive. Overdrive is something Libraries use to lend out E-books and digital audio books.

3 Likes

Are there any requirements?
Here (Austria) it can be done via a service called “Onleihe” (weird mix of online and leihen=borrow). But the catch is that you need an Adobe ID cause the service is using their DRM. Other requirements are an e-reader with wifi and (duh) wifi access.

Just sign into Overdrive. Download the book. That’s it. There is a limit to how many e books you can borrow. 5 at a time [limit set by my library]. Once you finish it, it automatically returns the ebook to the library. There is a loan period as to how long you can borrow them: 14 to 21 days which is plenty to read a book for me. Though this is dependent on your library. Mine is 14 to 21 days.

Signing into onedrive you need a library card number [on library card] and a pin [you set that with the library].

2 Likes