The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

yep lets just ignore the standard way of doing that everyone knows from photoshop and gimp, etc and lets just make it up as we go along

lol how the fuck is that even possible? there 100% the same font too so that just doesn’t make sense :frowning:

1 Like

Because it includes everything from the text so the bottom part of the “p” that hangs below everything else will change the size

1 Like

So its set to the same size but inkscape just scales it up because of the letters used?

1 Like

Ye. If stuff goes above and below the text line then it includes that in the scaling size

1 Like

I mean I get how that could be helpful to make the text more uniform but that seems like it creates more problems than it solves.

1 Like

It does. Now i have to put the text on top of each other and scale them up manually to be the same size :frowning:

1 Like

ye at the very least it should let you decide if you want the text to scale or not. having to resize something yourself is extra steps you shouldn’t have todo :frowning:

1 Like

Rewatching Mr.Robot and its weird how your perspective changes knowing what you know after season 3.

2 Likes

Well, good thing is that the entire transmission is bring rebuilt, flushed, and etc. Bad news is that the entire rear end had to come off to get the thing down lol, so… It’ll be in the $1500-2000 ballpark all said and done. But once it is, it’s literally a brand new transmission :smiley: the only thing stock is the freaking torque converter lol. But it’ll never need work again providing all goes well.
Will pick it up either tomorrow or Monday. And then after it gets tires on it (another $500ish) it’s all set to rock and roll besides the work I’m going to do to it.

2 Likes

Probably one of my biggest and most useless accomplishments. Started one video in Firefox, paused it, then started the same in Vivaldi and continued it in Firefox “around” the same time. They’re playing simultaneously now.

Sounds like 2 MrMobile are talking at the exact same time :smile:

3 Likes

One thing I think that is interesting about rewatching it is:

Elliot is an unreliable narrator. This first season he isn’t outright trying to deceive you but his perspective isn’t the whole truth. Yet the show isn’t lying or trying to deceive you. It’s brutally honest. All the clues you need to know what are going on are their. Also I know I abandon Reddit but the Reddit Mr.Robot is scary smart in the episode discussions threads. My brother is kinda worried about season 4 having time travel/ parallel dimension/ stuck in a computer last minute plot twist.

It is a great show to rewatch.

2 Likes

That would be just as bad as the GoT S8 ending :frowning:

I know GOT Season 8 what a train wreak. My brother and I both hope he is wrong but we won’t know till we both watch season 4. At the least I’ll get one good soundtrack from this season.

The soundtracks for the show have been top notch stuff. Volumes 1 to 4 are great. Each volume the music gets darker in tone and theme just like the series.

2 Likes

Might add a few things to my sim rig next year just to make ATS and ETS a bit easier for me. It’s a pain having to use my wireless keyboard to my side to do some basic things like connecting trailers and whatnot.

May get something like this but that price tho:

With this thing to add to my th8a:

3 Likes

Yay car is done early. And shivers “only” $1800 for the transmission. Found a good deal on tires tho, $360 for those. Not bad for what essentially makes the thing a brand new car, at least as far as driving is concerned.

Only other major thing is brakes… But that’s about it. And I can do those myself along with all the other minor work that needs doing. Woot.
And now I can take moar pics and a video or two of it running and all that.

5 Likes

Woot.

Also

5 Likes

Waiting on a package…and I have to sign for it. Luckily my UPS deliver person has always been reliable. It’s my Kobo E-Reader that is coming.

3 Likes

Lazy night. Not really in the mood for playing a game although - as so often - I like the idea of it. Don’t know how to describe it. I like the memories of something better than actually doing that thing.

So I decided to clean up my picture folder. It’s like a closet where I just throw all things picture in without moving them to the right sub folder.

And I kinda want an SSD for ALL my games and programs. Right now I only have the most often used games and programs on my NVMe and the rest is on a 3TB HDD. It’s annoying that e.g. foobar takes a while to close after I had it open but didn’t use for some time cause the HDD needs to spin up again.
Just a cheap (but reliable) SATA SSD. Probably 1TB. But I need to do some research about those new QLC SSDs. My understanding is that the more bits per cell the more wear compared to flash with less bits per cell (like SLC and MLC). The reduced wear on SLC and MLC comes with a higher price though. Although, QLC is said to be on the same level as TLC. But then again, how much wear is there really and how much less will TLC and QLC last compared to SLC/MLC?
I mean, you can get 1TB TLC/QLC for ~100€ (TCL with 3y, QLC with 5y warranty or TBW). That should be enough but time flies.
Buuuut as always I’ll probably not buy one. As with everything I talk about buying.

1 Like

NAS

2 Likes

Cleaned up the trunk and also decided it needs a car wash lol… I was rubbing off the wax just by getting it with a shop towel so yeahhh. But still.

Alsp le me

3 Likes