The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

The cheap generic laser mice weren’t really any better. The feed would be missing or replaced by compressed dust and dirt and wrist sweat.

The teacher that was in charge of our school’s library had a trackball. At a time where I had no scope of the tech world this was some cool cyber shit.
Still kinda want one myself, just to try it but I’m too cheap for a good one and not sure if the cheap ones even compare to them.

1 Like

i wanna see a modern ball mouse with hella better sensors like lasers on the ball for better accuracy like 5 lasers aimed at the ball

1 Like

What about those rolley things?

thats called a trackball mouse

2 Likes

fuck you im high

4 Likes

Replaced the battery for the classic second gen time to charge
3090 songs of wedding and event music as new as 2004 i love it avalon is dope

1 Like

Time to rip and tear !

4 Likes
1 Like

A Non-Spoiler Review of The Last of Us Part II from a writer’s perspective:
I went into the game complete cold. No reviews. No screenshots. Avoid parts of the internet. I’ve played and completed it. This is not going to be a typical review because I want to talk about how the game is presented from a story perspective. Neil Druckmann did say creating a sequel to The Last of Us would be very difficult. Was The Last of Us Part II a worthy sequel? I do think so but there are somethings I would have done just a little differently with the story. Before I get to that let me touch on something:
The writer/creator has absolute control of their story they are telling. My opinion on how The The Last of Us Part II story should be tweak is my own observation of how it could have been just a little be better.
What would I change: Let be clear, I wouldn’t change the content one bit. However the timing and weaving I would. To know the specifics I’ll give you a choice you can click on a vague but kinda spoiler bit where I dive into what I’m talking about, or you can choose not to click (I also vaguely talk about what I’m writing to explain this):

Flashbacks are hard to pull off right. In the story I’m writing now, I’ve been having a debate with myself, do I do flashbacks or not. Right now leaning toward not. The reason is straight forward because what does it have to do with the story. If it does not aid in the telling of the story, then it should not be written. Now if I reach a point where I think a flashback adds to the story, then I would write said flashback but it must not distract or take away from the core story.
The Last of Us II and how it handles the flashbacks is flawed. The story takes place over 3 days and do you know what happens on Day 3? You start a Day 1 in a flashback as a different character and you stay as that character till Day 3. How I would have done it Day 1, you are one character, then at end of Day 1 switch to other character on said day. I should mention they already introduced playing as a different character in the game early. So they already had this in there. This is really the only thing I would change.

Would I recommend this game?: if you played the Last of Us I, yes but three caveats to be aware of:

• This game is brutal, raw, and bleak.
  • The timing and weaving of how the story was told could have been better.
  • It will take time to finish. Took me 22 hours to complete it.
    Overall, I do like the game and I do plan to replay it but it won’t be one I replay often.
1 Like

messed with the double tap thingie for placing lists on mclim, nothing seemed to be doing much i wanted. so tried a completely different thing seems like might workout good.

original one did:
in a list 1000 long, input list 100, if you had already placed 100, but only 9 had been placed for the 100 input list,

would end up like:
1000/100=10(as in 1 in every 10 segments place one)
100/10=10
is 10(amount we should place now)>9(amount already placed) then place 10

exit that loop and place that one

currently for this mode it does if 10>9, and 10<100, if (10-9)>temp number of highest one so far, then set temp number to this number, record the pick number as the current checked number. comparing every single input list every time, and only placing the first highest one

which is slower obviously, but being its not the slow part of the process, not noticeable(in the test list of like ~9500 segments on 63 input lists), with the sort would still default to earlier ones since its the first highest, which is preferable

but gotta analyze the output some more but so far looking good

3 Likes

Best thing I’ve stumbled upon this year is how many Film, Video Game, and TV Show official soundtracks you can buy on bandcamp and get a FLAC version.
Sometimes they are even cheaper than Amazon or other places. Granted I don’t have an endless amount of money so I can’t buy all the music I want at once. Also I’ve been investing in my retirement fund more. Anyway - I’ll buy the music over time.

2 Likes

This is why almost all the music I buy I’ll get from Bandcamp. I much prefer FLAC if I can get it plus its good to support artists directly.

4 Likes

:pirate_flag:

1 Like

my schools computer lab was a tiny 15ft x 15ft room designed to hold 30 students and a bunch of desktops. It got really stuffy especially once you added a projector into the mix.

2 Likes

same lol

2 Likes

how can you even move in there?

1 Like

you couldnt XD

4 Likes

miss can I go to the bathroom

sure. if you can get past this obstacle course first

3 Likes

the smell of funk and ozone and burning plastic the smell of the computer lab

2 Likes