The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

I finally got around to seeing Snowpiercer (Film), there are a lot of films I plan to see but time is limited for me.
This film and the story behind making the film/getting it released are interesting. It’s a short story:
The Harvey Weinstein, yeah that Harvey Weinstein the news has talked about, had held up releasing the film because he personal requested it be cut down and edited to his taste. The director Bong Joon-ho flatly said No. The uncut film did get released by way of a different distributor but it’s release was limited. However it was so successful it got a wider release. Now Bong Joon-ho went on to direct Parasite, which is also on my to watch list.
Now what did I think of the film non spoiler (I would post this in the review thread but there is a 3 post in a row limit, also this is more than a review cause I want to talk about the story):
I’ve enjoyed seeing foreign made films on the whole because the directors and writers do things American directors generally don’t. This film is a masterclass in so many things:

• World Building
  • Character Development
  • Pacing
  • Tone
  • Story
  • Plot
  • Music

It’s perfect. This a film by which I measure other films of it’s type in. It fits in with Mad Max Fury Road. It is a post apocalypse story and a well execute one.

There is one catch: If you eat snacks with your films. You got two choices: Eat them quickly. Or don’t have snacks. Trust me on this one.

Would I recommend this?: Yes, just please for all that is holy trust me on that catch. If you are looking for a well made post apocalypse film with a great story this will fit the bill.

The Story:
I felt I owed it to this film to just have this section about it’s story and the elements that go in it. The film shows the state of the world and builds on it. It only gives a brief blurb at the start and then it lets film show the rest. There is one main character played by Chris Evans and he does have a great character arc. I can’t get into that cause it would spoil too much. The film has a tone of desperation throughout it with an undertone of despair. Story - Is it original? Their have been many stories about after the end of the world. This however falls into a special category of the post apocalypse is the vehicle by which the story is carried. Meaning the post apocalypse is the setting and not the main focus of the film. The main story is of the desperate struggle of mankind in this world. The plot - This film doesn’t have a single plot hole and nothing is dropped. I was in awe of this.

3 Likes

but ms is bad

I need a kvm

2 Likes

edit: oopsy daisy, wrong thread. my bad.

1 Like

For the first time in ages I have my full setup going. It’s nice. If a bit cramped, but now almost done moving lol. Have to do some more here but much closer to done now

4 Likes

This is kinda the reason i love these machines today games and media on weird and oddly good speakers and crts its a experience i Love :heart:

4 Likes

Aight got an interview today for a delivery driver position. Got my van running and legal, everythings up from here.

God it still feels like just the other day I was playing with wayland on some pile of shit pentium 4 with a GTX 7900+ and fucking with dual pentium D systems on Tek Syn. Now I’m just fucking with shitty apple computers and firmware, though I guess before those P4’s and stuff it was phones and doing what I’m doing now… Eh, at least I have hobbies.

Feels like it could all come crashing down at any moment, but I’m actually happy when I wake up in the morning, so that helps some. Not just numbing myself with like as many dabs as I can take and still walk around and not fall over.

Only up.

5 Likes

Good luck. All i hear is that they are shit. Wendells displayport kvm is pretty ok but pretty sure tech you run doesnt have a whole lot of displayport

1 Like

Congrats man. May the future bring you great hope and joy

1 Like

This. the USB controller that my KVM is connected to keeps dying and while I’m not saying its definitively the KVM it is kinda sus.

Even if you said fuck it and went to use adapters you’d still be screwed because the adapters aren’t bi-directional and the source always has to be DisplayPort.

1 Like

looked at the output from the second calculate mode for server seems pretty good, tried messing with boot strap a bit seems might be about what gonna leave it at,

just did for the first bit where it pushes lists that are atleast half the length of the longest one, to every other time push the lists atleast 25% the length of the longest one(only forces one at a time and then runs thru entire loop checking if any of them can pass on its own without the bootstrap, but now basically does for a list of say longest ~500 the 250~500 will go a whole round, then after the second round will do 1 round of the 125~250)

so just more variety faster from the test list although seemed mostly the same number of picks for the lists in the 125~250 bracket in the first 1000 picks anyways,

probs mess with it some more

closer…

1 Like

Control was on sale for $20 on GOG so I got it. It took me a little bit to figure out how to port my save from the Epic version… I didn’t want to start over cause…well I beat the game and it was a good bit of work. I’m at my Endgame for Control of just casually exploring and taking screenshots to make into wallpapers when I’m not busy.

4 Likes

ordered a bunch of sata-ide adapters and some sd cards for ipod modding
plus some gifts for fiancé <3
and anvil and a rare acecombat “apendisc” for acecombat 3 electrosphere
it has a save file that unlocks a plane in the japanese edition the pal you could just unlock and usa got a gimped version of the game there is a iso patcher that changes it to english its pretty fun

4 Likes

Digitizing project for the future:
Digitizing my copy of Lord of the Rings Extended Blu Rays
Why… Well The extended versions are on two disc and not one.
Just a little bit of work to do it.
What kind: First digitize both disc and then handbrake to renecode the video files.
Take the video files and put them into my copy of Adobe Premier Pro CS6.
Then the real work begins with removing the black gap and create a seamless film.
After that export the combined film.

Definitely a weekend type of project. I really like the extended versions of the Lord of the Rings and I’d like those to be the one I have on my plex server. I’ll be doing that project next weekend for all 3 films.

2 Likes

im high sorry carry on

4 Likes

Depending on what you prefer to use, you don’t need CS6 to remove the black gap. VLC Handbrake can do that too.
Look up in VLC Handbrake how long the black gap takes (seconds, or even better frames), then tell Handbrake to encode only (start time/frame) to (end time/frame). You can switch that from chapter selection to time or frames.

But since VLC Handbrake can’t combine multiple files into one you’re gonna need different software for that anyway.

Just an fyi on the “cropping” part.

1 Like

sure you dont means handbrake?

usually use something like mkvtoolnix for merging files like that(just has to be rendered out the same, bit rate, codecs, resolution, audio codec bit rate, framerate etc) but then it just merges without rendering the entire thing
edits:
only thing with handbrake for that is its a bit fiddly for the exact second(s) where you set the cutoffs, so would recommend test with like 5~10 second window to make sure you get right time or switch to frames and figure that out with calculator/align it, but pretty easy to do in video editors(even like blender) to just put it close in time line and click next frame or whatever to get to where you want, maybe throw in a fade to black or something depending on the cut

did some more pokemang shiz, found some random lists of offsets for file locations, so did the head icon for when you look at map, did fishing sprites, got the resource for the end credits animation of the mc running or whatever so i can do those(like 6 frames or something)

had a weird thing happen with the file but dunno will have to test a new one to see what happens/if it repeats, some how corrupted the location of the background color for the text box when you first open main menu so is weird still mostly transparent but harder to read etc

guessing when it repointed a file it did a weird thing, but this why testing the shiz on a rom, and once figure out all the stuff, then make a list of all the shit/all my resources and drop it on a fresh one in, in one shot

1 Like

aint no need to apologize. :oregano:

2 Likes

Ah, yes. My bad.