The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

looky

1 Like

Mini Update- I attempted to make the Fellowship two video files into one video file.
It just wasn’t working or coming out to my desired quality…
Minor change - I’ll have the Extended version they’ll just be as 6 separate video files and treat them like they are six films.
I’ll need to get the posters for them and do some other metadata but it’ll work for Plex. I’ll also have the Nonextended on there.
I do have the extended Hobbit series on bluray but it is not going on the plex server. Just going have the normal version for that one.

There is some more advanced things I’ve come to learn how to do on plex. Such as how to make a film collection [Note on these collections, I haven’t added every film in the series yet in a few of them]:

This is one part using Tagging, and the other using The Movie Database to get a poster for the collection.
Now the collection is a set of films.
This makes it easy for watching a series.
And will be very useful for when I rewatch the Extended Versions of Lord of the Rings.

4 Likes

whatup bitches

Hello

2 Likes

working on finding a first gen classic its gonna be pricey but worth it for collection

2 Likes

I just spilled Pepsi all over my laptops mainboard so that was fun.

2 Likes

And another surprise update…
Plex did something interesting.
Now because of how I named and did the metadata. Plex has the extended show up as one film:

Here’s the thing. It isn’t but what it does is neat. It plays the two video files in sequential order. So while I’ll have them on the server as six separate things. Plex will handle and treat them like one.
Neat.

3 Likes

The lot of you either already now all of this or don’t really care coughmacfanaticscough but I found this really useful and I’m surprised Windows doesn’t prompt or pin a cheat sheet of this.

2 Likes

>when amazon sends you mail saying you can use prime video with free prime trial but you made your own media server with black jack and hookers

2 Likes

I color coded my keyboard based on the keys I use the most and keyboard shortcuts/combos for work:

Ctrl+F is a time saving on practically everything from a website, to a program, to word doc, etc.
Ctrl+P I use a lot to print PDF version of legal documents.

Yes knowing Keyboard Shortcuts save a ton of time.

4 Likes

Now to mess around with retro pie and etc
Edit
This is going to be a while lol

4 Likes

SoonTM

Among a bunch of others. Currently going through some PS1 games and then I’ll probably add… idk yet.

4 Likes

Woot

3 Likes

1 Like

OSX key combo’s make more sense than windows ones.

As much as the charging port placement on the magic mouse? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Sorry bub I only play with powerpc idk

4 Likes

This is what happens when you let designers do engineering work.

4 Likes

I mean you can also get a stand for it and it keeps charge for like 8 months but sure whatever sorta valid complaint

im dead XD