The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

Just ordered 4 snes controllers and a USB hub for the Retropie. Will probably bring it in during the holidays and play a bunch of arcade games and snes during the holiday shift of 7 days on. And as a side note they work better for most of the ancient systems in Retropie lol. But might get some more controllers for n64 and PS1 emulation, haven’t decided what yet though. Xbox 360 ones are dirt cheap but I don’t know if will get that over something else. Will see how these snes controllers fare first.

——
——

Otherwise just chilling, today is boring at work but yesterday/day before were fun setting up the PI…
Might do some more with the pi than just Retropie, haven’t decided yet but it’s really fun to mess with. Still have to figure out PS1 emulation and also how to get the pi not to boot off of the empty SD card and just use it as storage… that or clone the USB with everything installed over to the SD card and then go from there.

How’s everyone else doing?

3 Likes

Which ones did you get? Just cheap, generic ones or some fancy stuff?

Just some generic ones for other people to play on, might get one nice one eventually

1 Like

Hopefully they work properly. Got a generic one a few years ago and unfortunately it was garbage tier, even for the price. Spongey buttons and digipad, felt cheap all over and not even all buttons were recognized by emulators.

8bitdo SN/SF30 Pro (or Pro Plus, if you like something with extended grips better)

1 Like

I have an Xbox Series X/S Controller…
There is some weirdness with Steam going on.
Not that it can’t be used… but in wireless mode it treats it is a default gamepad once the game is loaded which can/does create button prompt issues in games [stares at Arkham Knight].

Delay in fighting games when pressing a button to action in wireless… which is like a big giant nope.

Wired no issues.

I need to test in Dark Souls III were every action matters.

Funny thing in GOG… no problem…
Just look at this screenshot I took in Control [I did not take it to make as a wallpaper… Just goofy around]

That looks like a comfy chair. It was meant to be sat in.

Anyway it’s just a matter of time for Steam and Microsoft to fix.

I can work around the issue.

2 Likes

My XBO S/X controller also shows up as “Gamepad” when I start a game, although it never had any effect on functions. It just bothers me that Steam doesn’t call it an XBox controller.

1 Like

In the Steam Beta Client most if not all of the the recent updates have been for the DuelSense and Xbox Series controllers to enable support for them so fix for stuff like this shouldn’t be too far off.

3 Likes

I’m on the beta steam so hoping soon.

3 Likes

What a mess

Do you have the usb dongle?

Nope. You can connect with Bluetooth which is what I did. The issues I have are really minimal and can be worked around for now.

It works flawless with the dongle, even works on Linux without issue.

Don’t know if it will be recognized as an xbone controller over bluetooth.

1 Like

^this
I tried BT with a generic adapter and some trial and error, fucking garbage drivers, Win10 derping out over different devices being connected via the same BT adapter (not at the same time) and Steam only recognizing the adapter but not differentiating between different controllers (so controller A and controller B were seen by Steam as the same thing), I ordered the wireless dongle and didn’t regret it.

That is some food for thought. It doesn’t cost too much for one. So I’ll order one and see if it fixes my minor issues.

3 Likes

Just make sure it works with the Series S/X controllers.
Not to jinx it but you never know what they change so people buy the newer but more expensive stuff.

Very true. From Microsoft own site they are still selling the one from 2018 but it says it just supports Xbox One Controllers… but they are selling it with the new controllers in bundles so Shrug?

2 Likes

I noticed that too when I looked it up.
Still an improvement over the huge old one (mine looked like it died, that’s why I got a whole new controller that supports BT and then - after some kerfuffle involving gifting the old one to my cousin and then getting it back again - it suddenly worked again? like, wtf?).
But the new one is much smaller. I don’t even notice it on my desk.

I added the double sided tape but it came with an extension.

2 Likes

Yeah I think I’ll give the 2018 model a shot since they aren’t selling a newer one. My Microcenter has them, so I’ll get it from there on Friday.

2 Likes

Would you like a film to laugh with:
Snatch. Trust me on this. It’s great. You’ll laugh.
Need another film to laugh with? How about two: Crank and Crank High Voltage.
Don’t these films have Jason Statham in them?: Yes.
Why you recommend films to laugh at?: World is bleak. Sometimes you need to take a step back and laugh at something fun. That’s what these are. Crank & Crank High Voltage convinced me Jason Statham would be perfect to play the boss in a Saints Row Film, I mean they have a faux Jason Statham voice actor option in the games afterall.

1 Like

iirc you like soundtracks @wolfleben this cover design should be up your alley.

this is fucking genious.

damn, all the designs by this guy looka amazing.
http://ollymoss.com/

1 Like