The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

Those were just my teenage years

Strikes match

4 Likes

remember the supercookies?

pepperidge farms remembers.

1 Like

well and that there are dumbass judges that would allow cases like that and not understand basic ass shit like if someone linked you a tinyurl for a google search of stormfront or some shit, to allow that lawyer to say you were infact a nazi or whatever

or that thing where links dont have to be from text can be images/unrelated text to the actual address it goes to

1 Like

They probably are very aware of that and try to figure out how to get everyone at once. Kinda like the RIAA does it now with Twitch.
Or they attempt to scare the small fries and set a warning example, picking a random average joe/jane and sue the hell out of them with ridiculous fines (tens/hundres of thousands PER song) and jail time.

1 Like

im happy i marring into a family of lawyers the debates suck tho

2 Likes

and now in cyberpunk i have 150% crit chance with a crit multiplier that is broken and penetrate through walls and enemies plus they explode when hit the game is too ez with this

game is pretty

went a bit off the beaten path to get this pic

3 Likes

Tech thing Iā€™ll be doing eventually:
Iā€™ve been looking into shifting my Nextcloud Raspberry Pi Server to a different server eventually.
My thinking is an Intel NUC + Linux With Nextcloud. Iā€™d buy the ram and a 120 GB SSD. Wouldnā€™t cost that much either. Itā€™d be a neat little build to do.
This isnā€™t something I need to do right now but it will happen.

1 Like

That wouldnā€™t be a bad little server. The first machine I ran nextcloud on was acutally very similar to that. It was a mini-itx board with an intergrated J1800 Duel-Core Celeron. i throw in some memory and two 2.5 hard drives and it served me well for a long time and it was virtually slient too minus the HDDs and only used around 15-30W depending on system load.

1 Like

Mini writing corner update:
Iā€™m pretty pleased with the bit I just finished writing for Chapter 2ā€¦ yes still writing Chapter 2. Minor writers block had to get over. Hoping to finish the Chapter by Friday.

2 Likes

if wasnt for ddr5 would prob recommend am4 since scalability is crazy

can go from cheapo ~35w tdp apu(as in like ~50% of the power draw is gpu) dual core with smt, to 16 core big bois(if decide latter need more cpu or whatever)

but limited io capacity, although with server could drop gpu to x8 easy(or remove after initial setup and just do ssh or something too, mobo depending)

definitely can be smaller with non standard form factors though compared to itx/mini atx or whatever

AMD really hasnā€™t really made ready to go small OEM the customer can go out an buy. Now you could get a ASROCK DeskMini A300 Series butā€¦ you have to buy the CPU. Not to mention with it you can only use a certain range of Ryzen and APUs, ie NOT THIS CURRENT GEN. And getting older gen CPUs and APUs during this time is wellā€¦ terrible. Granted even getting an PC part right now is not ideal.

1 Like

Yeah. Im thought about building a PC but im gonna go for a modded switch instead. I wanna see what AM5 looks like as they will hopefully learned alot about how to maximize compatibility for a large amount of time. Thats only gonna happen if they remove the 16MB BIOS limit though

2 Likes

Knoife arroived :grin:
Compared to a Mora Companion.

2 Likes

you mean the oems havent made it?

a range is still better than its soldered on the board and is a shit model to begin with unless you pay out the big cheques

like < have a 3950x in my x370 board, so anything from athlon 200ge(or even the older excavator apus) upto 3950x have 4 generations of products from dual core upto 16 core

mean if only needed tiny bit of cpu, the low end like ~18w at full load dual cores might be plenty, if you later needed 4, 6 8 cores you have options in the ~60w or if you need raw performance upto ~16 at like ~120w, talking mid range laptop to hedt

ex: if i wanted to upgrade my media server to do transcoding on it locally, i could just buy a 1700(non x) or some other used thing for like 150~200$ and have more than 4x the computer power the current setup, if it was a nuc i would just have to buy the new 800$+ nuc or whatever

assuming the form factor could work with a itx/mini atx board, if has to be tiny prolly not many choices besides intel or really low end, outside some the weird gaming things that are probably price premium

1 Like

you mean if they make a bios limit?(as in they must put atleast x size bios chip or it cant be called an am5 board) on boards with dual bios could always flash one with new one and have both/some have bigger chips

but they only ever said til 2020 anyways

for semantics anyways, did truly never say that every possible motherboard, cpu and bios revision, combination would work thru 2020 into 2021

would be pretty cool though if enforced had to have dual bios or the larger chip but not sure how good it would go trying to enforce they have to ship updates, like if they had the am5 b620 shit tier chipset will they ship updates for like zen9, and is that amds fault or biostar or whatever?

I played a little of cyberpunk 2077 for about an 1 hour and 30 minutesā€¦ Spent most of it running cause:

CD PROJEKT RED goes hey you know that car you had at the startā€¦ weā€™re going to destroy it. ME: Who thought this was a good idea?

Also run into a few LOL bugs. Like an NPC in a car literal driving through a concert barrier. I chuckled. If you are wondering why I just didnā€™t steal a carā€¦? Well my V has principles and stealing someones car is not something they would do. Iā€™m just going to play to the point where I have a car again cause not having one is terrible.

2 Likes

but did you try to get in the car randomly get accelerated hit something and die instantly during a main quest?

This single thing made me fail a side quest in the game. Some random NPC I found was in trouble and needed to be taken somewhere but because my car got destroyed all I had was Jackieā€™s bike which canā€™t take a passenger so I decided to run them there but failed to get there in enough time.

I had a similar approach though the fact that you actually at least 4 body to steal most cars and my V is more of a tech head/hacker meant I wouldnā€™t even be able to even if I wanted to.

1 Like

ye why would they be able to open a car isnt like you can decode the signals from keyfobs or anything now, let alone say like the new mustang with its app you can just unlock the car with

Anyone who plays Cyberpunk this is neat and might find this useful. Itā€™s a web app that scans the breach protocol with the camera in your phones and solves it for you.

https://govizlora.github.io/optical-breacher/

1 Like