The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

So i ordered a switch the version i can unlock and load homebrew

Anddd still play carts still so im hype

I will post a legal guide and only if its 100% reversible

and i need to order a rpi or like to fake a dialup isp i need to try stuff on my macs

3 Likes

If its a Switch with the RCM hack everything is reversed on reboot as it just bypasses the bootloader for the Switch to run custom firmware and is usually stored on an sdcard without modifiying the NAND so you should be all good.

If you want to try homebrew on the Switch Iā€™d recommend using Atmosphere if you still want a HOS (switch os) based operating system. it is OpenSource and by far the most along in development, also try and avoid ryujinx or Sxos, there firmware is based on older versions of Atmosphere (in the case of Sxos illegally as they go agiesnt the OpenSource license terms) and arenā€™t as robust and could get your Nintendo account banned if your using one.

Other than that if you want to load either Ubuntu or Android check out Switchroot

https://switchroot.org/

and thereā€™s also lakka if you want retroarch on it too.

Sorry for the wall of text but thought iā€™d give you the rundown on Switch hacking and what there is to offer :slight_smile:

2 Likes

THANKS! this helps alot

this basically makes this like the ps2 with freemcboot lmao

2 Likes

Pretty much ye, didnā€™t mention it before but hekate with Nyx is the bootloader of choice for the Switch. has loads of options like backing up the system nand, and selectable boot options for all your firmware and all kinds of neat stuff.

2 Likes

Thats on my list of stuff to buy too. As soon as i get the money to spend or this stimulus hits, im gonna try and grab a early revision switch before the supply becomes to tight

3 Likes

Whatcha gonna do with your current one?

use it for buying games and doing online stuff

1 Like

ah, I see. hope youā€™ll get one before they end up increasing in price.

< dunno hopefully the newer switch replacement is better

seems like garbage especially the portable one

how you gonna have a portable device and have a worse battery life then a laptop, i mean i could play fallout newvegas for like 3~4hrs on my a10 laptop, shit should be like 8hrs minimum, otherwise, i can just get/make a case for my phone and have like 12 and still be smaller/lighter, and have more functionality

edit:
mean they got packs you can put on it but thats fixing them not making it a bit thiccer and having massive flat cell like big as the entire mobo/screen

but new one should have more power saving features with a new cpu/gpu

im getting a switch lite for my mum so its more for my fam shes boomer with tech so eh it will stay stock and un modded for keeping her happy

2 Likes

I know what you mean but maybe get her a grip, though (if you want to call that ā€œmoddingā€ in a very general way). Should definitely be more comfortable to hold for longer sessions (and in general).

1 Like

no firmware modding and such ill get cases grips and skins screen protectors and joycon stick protectors

it will be stock for software and internals

1 Like

Yeah, I figured as much.
Grips and stuff could be considered a ā€œmodā€ as itā€™s not stock.
Oh yeah, and definitely a screen protector looks at Nintendo putting a plastic screen on a portable device that people need to buy a case for so they donā€™t scratch up the screen if they decide to take it out with them in a bag/backpack because Nintendo didnā€™t include a basic case.

@aremisAE @THEkitchenSINK

Any advice for a hackintosh? Wanna try and toss mac osx onto my laptop

2 Likes

Opencore basically you build a boot loader with the drivers for ur hardware

https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/

Its fairly ez and even good for hackintoshing macs to boot unsupported osx versions

2 Likes

Mini writing corner:
Iā€™ve mentioned before Horror is my jam. IE I like the Horror Genre. Granted the horror I like falls into suspense/classical/gothic. Equally I like mysteries. Now I am hard at work on a Project Darker Mirror and it does not fit into horror. It fits into Science Fiction. That said I have an idea for what I want to work on after this and Iā€™ve written out the concept for it along with the project name. Project Black Ice. Now it will be years before I get to work on it but I fully intended to work on it next. Itā€™s a Horror Mystery. Which I mean those two can and do mingle a good bit. It will told from a first person perspective.
As for Project Darker Mirror, almost finished with Chapter 2. Just a little bit till I reach the natural end of the chapter leading into the next.
End of mini writing corner.
TLDR - Iā€™m going to write a Horror Mystery after my current story and Iā€™m hyped about it.

3 Likes

Uggg. My job is switching to bi-weekly pay from weekly. Thats fine but this transition period is gonna SUUUCK

4 Likes

I swear every time a company does this there like weā€™re chaging the pay cycle. sorry for the short notice, better be ready for it.

3 Likes

Remember how I had the Extended Lord of the Rings as two files for each filmā€¦ well fortunately Plex has a guide on combine two files into one with an open source tool:

So Six files are now threeā€¦ I need to reencode them into h265 files. Wonā€™t take too long. Iā€™ll take care of that on Saturday.

3 Likes

< mentioned that lel

usually works okay, but sometimes have to reencode after if any time issues(not 100% might be to deal with encoder used to transcode, like in handbrake can do blank frames to make the audio sync for compatibility with players which wont follow theres a time code thing, or somethin)

but will be like chapters/times can end up weird, but a run thru handbrake or something fixes it, if that happened

1 Like