The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

Router arrived looks good with my macs the box is yuge i need a new book shelf

3 Likes

1650 super that i got is a quite decent overclocking chip, it is almost stable at 2150 but not enough to be reliable to dropped it to 2080mhz/6200memory and it seems happy, only gets to 65C or so.

overall pretty happy with it besides the whole price issue but… yeah. as a side bonus, since it draws so little power its a lot nicer than my 480 for long gaming sessions in that regard, like half the power draw so half(ish) the amount of heat. And I’ll probably pick up streaming again now since the NVENC encoder is so much better than the one that was on the 480.

2 Likes

lel in nvidia peasant clocks

So how has everyone been? Sorry ive been away so much. Slammed with work but currently on furlough due to supply issues.

2 Likes

updating the firmware on my Switch so I can’t actually download and play BoTW on it again because Nintendo blocked the store on hacked switch firmware version lol

1 Like

Nice. Im like a few hours at most to getting my switch and im so excited

3 Likes

you won’t be disappointed, a hacked switch is like a whole new console compare to what you can do stock.

1 Like

Working, playing world of tanks. About to start a few weeks of high level competition so… will see how I do in it lol. Clan Wars event for a few weeks so when I’m not at work will do that.
Also about to switch to nights after tomorrow being last day on days.

The 1650 super is nice. Especially for streaming; will try it out some more after tomorrow. I do have like 24 hours of staying up to burn through so might stream a lot or a little during that.

2 Likes

>not using cpu encode

lel only uses like 1-2% on mine usually but got it set easy pz i guess idk

Woot. Got my second switch and it works. This is gonna be so fun :smiley:

3 Likes

Had Brettljausn for lunch today (local version of the charcuterie board).

Clockwise: cherry tomatoes, yellow bell pepper, Cabanossi (cured sausage), Hauswürstel (hard cured sausage, similar to salami), Bergsteiger (cured sausage), bread, and a hardboiled egg in the middle.

4 Likes

Giwe me a cube you fruit farmer

2 Likes

I have a small lib im happy with the games i got

Ddda is fun as fuck
Botw is amazing
Animal crossing cause high gameplay is fun
Asscreed cause ass creed

I will post more about homebrew when ive put it through its paces if i had a hotspot with type c i might mod my switch to allow bigger battery and a hotspot

Amazing with hulu and youtube when piholed or have no ad options for ur plan

I like the speakers for being loud but not carry yet have ok bass for shitty tiny things im impressed

The amp on the headphone jack is weak i need to look into it

It has issues with my hd201 cheapy Sennheiser

Which has inspired me to look into a type c usb headphone amp

2 Likes

Fiio K3
iFi Hip-dac

Those two have a Type-C input, so you just need a Type-C to C cable. I’m not sure if the Switch hands off audio over Type-C so easily or only if it’s docked.

If audio over BT works, then I might suggest getting a BT receiver thingy. I use the EarStudio ES100Mk2 with my phone and Tin T2.
Just as an alternative

driverless usb audio devices work with type a to type c so as long as its driverless its good to go

there seems to be a plethora of usbc adapters for bt5 and more usb and other things for the switch so this adds a new realm of ideas

The the world of dac/amps is your oyster.
Some have those blocky USB ports at the back for input. Kinda doubt there are cables for that that end in Type C. Unless you try to find an adapter.
A lot of them are also micro-USB but there’s more cables for that that end in Type C.

1 Like

also as a side note the switch carts do not taste bitter or bad there is a taste that is lingering and strong but its not bad nor overpowering i can taste fine no covid

i think i need to look into this

you ate one?

there is a slight meme about the taste so i tried it

saitama: ok

dunno not really into nintendo besides meme hating them

just in general after 64/gc stuff idk

mean had seen some of mario galaxy or something but seems like best thing they have made since like 2000 is fan made stuff on mario maker

view them like a more successful version of those weird pacman games they were making on ps2 and stuff, just outdated rehash of old titles with slow as hell adoption rate of modern game concepts/technologies