The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

knightandsquire

did some crappy drawrings for a meme video but then youtube axxd it cause was too long so had to shorten it with make mkvtoolnix(too lazy to re render a 12hr thing, although only takes like 1hr on handbrake for 1400 somethin by 1080) but they couldnt tell me before it finished uploading like 8gb

1 Like

The style reminds me a bit of hose funny videos (like the one with the bad guys in Batman or the adventurer that shouts Huzzah! a lot). But it also reminds me of something else. Can’t remember where I’ve seen that style before…maybe some point n click adventure?

is it being lazy and bad at art? lol

Why lazy? It’s double the work compared to just drawing or just filming. With this style you film AND draw over it afterwards.

nah mean for me where all i did was draw lol

But you still put effort in it.

little bit, gotta figure out more hair stuff tho

like the way did for the waifu pillow wendell and griz, was basically actually simulate hair, just repeated layers of lighter/darker with a brush for doing hair(is like bunch random spots usually called bristles/brush whatever) actually making bunch of individual lines, but that takes awhile to get right blend of under/over tone of the hair colors

and theres alot more simpler approximations/tricks for like anime hair and stuff, where your eye just connects between the hints of lines and stuff

edit:
broke 55k minutes on the server stats lol

A post was merged into an existing topic: Memeville 0001 [Here we go Again]

wrang thread lol.

sup yo?

oops, I uploaded it on my phone and the ui can be iffy switching threads sometimes lol

oh well lel.

been watchin random movies and playin divinity 2 mostly, dat shiz annoying to min max tho

Thoughts on the Steamdeck?
I’m kinda hyped but it’s very unlikely I’ll buy one. Would rather put the money (starts at 400 bucks) towards upgrades on my PC.

1 Like

I think its great, its basically a hacked switch without any of the hassle. Can play all your steam games without remote play, runs on a modified archlinux but also has an unlocked bootloader so can install whatever the fuck you want on it maybe even Windows or Android. its like a modders dream.

though saying that probably won’t pick one up at launch because valve doesn’t have the best track record with hardware but might at some point depending on how that goes.

2 Likes

possibly better hardware than some of the gpd’s and stuff like full joystick instead of weird flatter one

but only 4 cores and regular apu graphics so other than like league or whatever prolly much of nothing gonna run natively above like 720p minimum everything 15-30fps after like ps3/360 era

i mean if we assume the ddr5 is 100% faster than ddr4, would still be like an rx560/gtx1050 or something prolly

edit: unless is some other fancy dedicated stuff they arent mentioning on the site, like if has bunch dedicated ram, or stack die with shitload of cache or something, but dunno sorta doubt with the low tdp and all too. prolly still be cool device since most likely would have another system to do steamlink or whatever options to for modern hard to run games

well, they are boasting that it can handle AAA titles, so…

but their storage tiers are hot garbage.
the price difference is 120-130 bucks for the next higher model starting from 400 bucks.

I mean kinda but at least there not doing an Apple and its socketable, can just buy the cheapest model and get one of those 1TB 2230 Kioxia drives and throw it in lol

What do you think “not intended for end-user replacement” means in this case? Shouldn’t be too difficult to just clone the content onto the new m.2, right?

1 Like

No idea because that’s exactly what I’d do, just clone it with dd onto the new drive and since its pretty much standard Linux probably with ext4 or something can just expand into the blank space with resize2fs and your done.

If I were to guess though its because its using 2230 m.2 drive which isn’t very common in none OEM machines.

1 Like

Apparently the Steamdeck is supposed to be mod-able. No idea how legit that was but someone posted a screenshot from an email on reddit where GabeN allegedly confirmed that you can install Windows or whatever you like on it.

ye they pretty much said from the start its a PC and you can do whatever the fuck you want with it, they even said it’ll run the Epic Games store specifically which is either a short jab at Apple or to cover ther arses in that debate before it goes anywhere.

1 Like