The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

I posted bitching about their garbage coverage of Linux products, like why do it at all if you’re just going to consistently drop the ball on purpose, and about how I’m pissed about the Surface Pro X being made fun of, even though it’s the perfect opportunity to get a doc able format windows tablet that barely makes heat and let’s you stream your krbta session.

Like bruh

vanity about that other guy named linus? idk lel

1 Like

maybe they’re running out of clickbaity titles for their linux videos.
or it’s just easier/less time consuming to review random stuff.

1 Like

Idk man I have not posted back to those threads and they’re still popping off like mad

the techspace isnt big enough for 2 linus’

the correct answer is the one that says fuck you nvidia

Dis nibba drunk

drinkycrownnoyes
i wish

1 Like

futuramawhat

had figured they were like gn but with less science/data focus, they just wanted the same heres the new nvidia whatever gaming thing but that one extra step where they can look down on the ltt and jayz2 w.e. plebs cause their smort

i mean i was like 1/2 of the posts in the coding thread that for some reason i had to be the one to make, i dont even program hardly ever lol

1 Like

last video of ltt that I watched was indirectly through asmongold’s reaction to ltt’s review of a starforge prebuilt (the company asmongold is a co-owner of).

I’ve been tired of all the clickbait thumbnails and titles with basically zero information what the video is about, so I just stopped watching their videos altogether.

don’t get me wrong, it’s not just ltt that does this. but they stand out for me.
overall those thumbnails and titles don’t make me want to watch it, it’s the opposite. I see clickbait thumbnail and title, I don’t watch it.

1 Like

The star forge build pissed me off enough I roasted linus in a wall of text in the comments, and was actually what made me push to post.

They know the core audiance hates those too. Floatplane has proper titles for the videos its just the youtube ones that are clickbate but sadly on youtube you have to play that game to stay relevant.

I remember that. It was so fucking stupid too bc you literally Just had a question

Tmw L1 was irrelevant before they posted a video

Like I’m fucking done with these children and clout chasers bro I’m just not dealing with it anybore

I can’t even post my Linux switch stuff on reddit thef threw me out I have to go back to my old forum or make something new

Keep in mind, gamersonlitux has 6 active members, and I over post there

It’s a lot worse than that but I don’t feel like getting Logan in trouble over me guessing something that I’m pretty sure is obvious to anyone else who was around back then what’s happened now

Mostly bc this is an open site anyone can walk into

Kinda sad that they’re favouring the clickbait algorithm on YT.
I mean, at least they don’t forget their core audience and give them a different platform without that bs.
Can’t stop being bitter about it, though.

Money dictates how and what content you do.

2 Likes

I hate it too but they have over 70 employees so I can kinda see their reasoning behind it I just wish they didn’t/have todo it.

Personally, I think this is too big. But what are you gonna do instead to put out more content with higher production quality and more topics? Stay the same, depend on your core audience and become stale over time?

The reason LTT has shifted from cool computer dudes to setting an industry standard is that Linus Luke and Ed all three understood from the start that markets change, as does visibility. That’s how linus got the video job in the first place, he can see market shifts before most other ppl.

But, instead of doing something and just being J2C, doing the same thing… Forever… They instead decided to do good in depth stuff for shoppers, which got them ad Rev and stability, then they built up credibility in the news area, and now they are building a testing facility to do a defacto no bullshit standard for any new tech that comes out, example being Intel lying on slides, but they have so many pools of ideas that they can work with… Arguably, the standard LTT vid is the ones about the business itself, and everything else is either for the end user or another company.

L1 is coffee time for elites that don’t want to work that hard to get a review unit.

LTT is just computer nerd television

If LTT was getting stale they wouldn’t have a private Fibre connection from the trunk, which is 4x more expensive than business class net, thoy wouldn’t be building their testing facility, hell they sure as fuck wouldn’t be trusted with a Camino.

Thank fuck that idiot didn’t power the Camino with a 3450 supershitwatt

As well, their content synergizes with other channels, such as GN. GN will blow up a power supply and tell you the exact science, whereas LTT will research the companies and tell you where the caps came from and how fast they’ll heat up, and whether it’ll explode or not. If you just watch one channel, you still get the general idea, but watching multiple channels that already communicate with each other behind the scenes just gives you a clearer picture.

However to demand a universal style or easy to magnetize to like Logan… Yeah we’ll never have that again. Ever.

Mostly because Logan didn’t know what he was doing and flying by the seat of his pants, though, no one really gave much direction so what happened happened, at least from my perspective.

1 Like

I for one am not going to be bumped around by a bunch of idiots that can’t even DD a floppy any more