The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

This is why is an awesome forum lol.
For example the debate of the to/too :stuck_out_tongue:

Also accidental pun there much lol

2 Likes

uh yeah about that, the first one is soo expensive here it would be cheaper for me to important it from the us

same for the Hakko

:frowning: damn too I hate it here.

there was a pun in there? being serious

1 Like

FUCK ME. might have forgotten you were in the UK when looking at these XD

2 Likes

In mine lol
Because tutu

yeah usually stuff isn’t that much more expensive so mostly its fine but these are insane.

1 Like

Meanwhile my soldering iron and semi decent soldering station were a combined total of $20 or whatever it was I posted a few days back

2 Likes

yep. That is fucking INSANE level of price hiking.

this looks to be a fairly good one that is on a cheapish range but will need a tip cleaner with it since the sponge cleaners are fairly shit.

What kind of flux did you get? Pen, Tube, Paste, etc

1 Like

yeah that one looks pretty good will probably get that. I also already have a tip cleaner and I have a flux pen.

1 Like

be careful of heat when soldering. High heat makes traces rip up alot easier XD

1 Like

yeah which is probably why the mains plugs iron I have fucked all those traces on my laptop XD

That one looks fine though so hopefully have a much better time with it.

1 Like

hardest part of SMD work is a steady hand, good tweezers, and a hot iron

yeah right now I have maybe one of those XD

good tweezers? XD

yep its just the steady hand I have the most trouble with.

its just one of those things that takes time and practice to develop

1 Like

yep I’m sure I’ll pick it up I just need more time soldering. maybe after I fix my laptop might look into other stuff I can practice with.

is a bunch of cheap hobby projects that are designed todo one thing XD

1 Like

yep was thinking of getting some perfboard and other stuff and see what I could come up with.

i wouldnt start with perfboard because through hole sodering is stupid easy to pick up. I would look for something that has a through hole parts with a few SMD parts