The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

I started rewatching The Expanse. Good stuff.

2 Likes

I really need to start watching that. Brother has and said its great but I haven’t got to it yet.

good show

1 Like

I haven’t read the books it is based off of. The pacing for the show is perfect. The way things come together and the consequence of actions is played out well.

1 Like

At least indie devs seem to care about their customers.
When I bought Hollow Knight I had trouble with the XBOne X controller driver messing with the controls and I emailed the devs about it. Now, keep in mind that Team Cherry - who made Hollow Knight - is a small team from Australia (2 guys are listed on their website), and yet they took time and walked me through the process of downloading the correct driver (there are 2) for Windows 8.

And on the other hand there’s dozens of screencapped conversations of big companies who seem utter incompetent floating around the internet.

2 Likes

Most games I buy these days are indie, I been disappointed by fewer indie then AAA, plus I can get 2-4 indie games for the price of one AAA game

1 Like

But games are so expensive to make. Big companies can’t survive without putting a $60 pricetag on the basic game ($120 for the super duper digital virtual surreal VIP deluxe collectors limited advanced edition), $20-30 on the season pass, $10-20 per DLC, $5 micro-transactions and ICONIC merch.

2 Likes

I know i’m just cheap

1 Like

Nothing wrong with being cheap

1 Like

you are a wise man

Has nothing to do with being cheap - imo.
They advertise their games like they’re the best ever made and all you get is some reheated, soggy meal with a facelift.

3 Likes

Like mass effect Andromeda, I regret buying it

2 Likes

But you can’t say that. It means the devs - not the publisher - will get dragged behind the house with a shotgun. Cause it’s obviously their fault for doing exactly what the publisher told them to make.

1 Like

I’m one hundred percent on the fuck EA train, I’m not a fan of how they’ve handled bioware

3 Likes

And Ubisoft.
And Microsoft.
And Konami.

3 Likes

I personally am pleased that Hellblade sold and has sold better in a shorter time. The game was made by 20 people over three years. The devs took a risk to do it. They believed there was a middle ground between AAA and Indie:

http://www.hellblade.com/the-independent-aaa-proposition/

Ninja Theory has also offered and public stated hey we did it. We’ll be happy to tell you how we did it and give you our playbook if you want to try doing this with your own dev studio.

Do you know what would happen if an actually AAA publisher had heard the pitch for Hellblade -
They would have buried it where the sun won’t shine or altered it so much it would have diluted the original pitch.

I want other devs to go that route. Take the risk and make good interesting games. Time will tell.

As for Ninja Theory I’m curious to see what they do next.

3 Likes

What major publish hasn’t done something shitty in some way lately

bethesda is on a pretty good role

True, but they need to fix or make a new engine. also I felt fallout 4 was rather lacking but i still mostly enjoyed it.

3 Likes

Indie devs got some great names

2 Likes