The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

walle-real-cups

5 Likes

yes.

The Luddites who havenā€™t replaced their business model with a modern are going OOB because Amazon is seeing areas of the market that are weak, doing it better, and winning the war of attrition.

1 Like

Usually but not always, my brother will even order stuff through amazon even if its much cheaper elsewhere again just for the convenience. This is how Amazon gets you as a consumer with the prime service.

For me this depends, if I can get it down the street, or within 30 minute drive Iā€™l go and get it locally.

Bulk stuff is more efficient is better through amazon, unless Sams Club has it.

I automated the purchase of cat food.

3 Likes

Some stuff like artisan or trades I support the local places when I can (also food/beer/etc) but I still mostly just do online if I happen to need random things.
I dont actually use Amazon that much though. Because its mostly shit for PC tech other than cheap mechanical keyboards, and Uhhhā€¦ Yeah lol. Oh I watch Amazon videosā€¦ Some times?
But it has killed off a lot of businesses that are non-PC tech.

Also i get food at Samā€™s club.

1 Like

If i order anything online, its either going to be something we dont have here (tech) or something really niche that no one has

Yeah my online ordering is either due to convenience (like right now I canā€™t go anywhere to get anything because my boss is a fucking slave driverā€¦), Lack of what I want/need in the area and I donā€™t feel like driving an hour to Buffalo or Rochester, or just having the best price for something really random.

2 Likes

I prefer to get things locally if I can but usually for a lot of things including computer parts, tools, and such it can be really hard to get that stuff locally as not a lot of places even stock that in stores anymore and either have to go elsewhere or order it online for pickup in store.

1 Like

Also I still donā€™t trust Amazon not to fuck up food (grocery) orders lol. For example my mom tried out the grocery thingy and ordered some dish soap, and random food. The dish soap, and all the food were put in the same box with no packaging materiel and surprise, surprise in the mail it got messed up and the soap went over everything rofl
And the replacement had the same thing happen lmao

I wouldnt put it past Amazon to put frozen perishables in without a freezer device or similar so. Depending what you get may or may not end well.

So i get food from local places (usually Samā€™s club)

Unrelated
Oh cool; 10k posts.

2 Likes

soonā„¢

1 Like

Brownies are almost done. Got about 40 minutes to cook and then i gotta wait for them to cool down

1 Like

not bad, how are they looking so far?

no idea. they just went into the oven XD

1 Like

nah fam. Eat it hot. Thatā€™s what ice cream is for.

1 Like

meant more did the preparation go well XD

These are not your normal brownies. You wait for them to cool down or you deal with me =P

1 Like

Iā€™d deal with you if it meant I could engorge some brownies.

dont eat more than one. You might not see straight for a couple of hours XD

1 Like

ahh, must be some spicy brownies.

2 Likes