The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

Not necessarily in that order but yes
Except streaming because I dont know if i care enough to for one, but mainly because I have absolutely no idea how long the other things will take me to finish so

Keyboard stuff definitely as the apple II keyboard arrives today and ill be outside building a case at some point so will be able to attempt to fix the semi broken keyboard as well.

And I bought things to build a case and have a mobo tray already so.
And the 2400G system needs a BIOs update first and then drivers and games to be updated and then I can replace my main system with it so I have sound that works lol
And uhh yeah. Streaming not sure.

Things ill be building case with:

Also a mobo tray I have from an old case and some other parts I have extra from earlier. Will see how it goes.

The monster can?

/s

1 Like

I mean it is aluminum so I could lol

But Iā€™m bored so Iā€™m DOING ALL THE THINGS now lol
Oh I forgot to take pics and talk about how clean I got my streaming setup with the speaker system downstairs
Which ill have toā€¦ Redo again anyway but meh

2 Likes

Well some of us

Sort of from my understanding, there are ways of verifying it as it is a Copy on Write File system.
But Like all systems that have HDDs and SSDs you canā€™t be completely confident the data has been write to the sector when the drive controller said it has especially with SATA.

UPS and Graceful Shutdown + Backup is what i recommend.
RAID is in foolproof, Whether this be ZFS, BTFRS, Hardware and others. ALWAYS have a Backup. Cloud or offline.

But i think BTFRS Write-holes are the least of my problems as my 2TB drives have 4 years+ Powered on counts. some have 5 Years Powered on counts.
I have 3 Segates that have 3.5 years and 3.8 Years powered on counts.

3 Likes

I work from home off an 8mbps upstream, so once a month, I take a 16TB dual-drive thingey into the office when I visit, plug it into a server there and it has a script that automatically uploads an encrypted and zstdā€™d payload to glacier.

Yeah, my 4TBā€™s are about to cross over to 3 years on and only 70ish power cycles. Not bad for 2 years 11 months. :smiley:

Because there are actually 2 disks that are making me a bit nervous, I rebalanced to raid1 (of course this could cause two copies to be on the two iffy disks, but itā€™s mostly just usenetā€™d tv shows and whatnot) for the time being until I can get the ballsmoney to buy two more 8TB disks.

I do this already, so Iā€™m probably good. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Silence, cock!

1 Like

bit late for that

1 Like

lol not really considering when he last posted and probably was sleeping and or working till now lol

1 Like

Itā€™s never too late for fried chicken.

4 Likes

popeyes beats KFC

lol. would be banned faster than i could swing the hammer lol

Screenshot%20from%202018-03-06%2014-59-56

4 Likes

Spinach over chicken? Ya wish.

We only have 4 KFCs (never had any) here, no Popeyes.
Other than that only McDonalds, Burger King, Subway (never had any), Dominoā€™s since recently aaandā€¦I think thatā€™s it for fast food chains.

All KFCs are closed right now in the UK because of a chicken shortage :frowning:

2 Likes

popeyes is like KFC without the grease and decent tasting food

:joy:

3 Likes

Ye brits playing too much skyrim?

1 Like

Meh, probably some retarded ā€œWinner Winner Chicken Dinnerā€ shit and people thinking theyā€™re funny by going to KFC then.

4 Likes