The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

I just got the formal offer letter for my internship I’ll be making $17 a hour as a software dev intern, WOOO!!!

3 Likes

nice

2 Likes

neat

2 Likes

Thats actually pretty cool, would love to see a setup like this on a visualised system. would make one bitching workstation.

1 Like

No wonder why GPUs are flooding the market right now lol.

:notes: let it crash, let it crash, let it crash :notes:

drools again at Wendell’s crossover monitor

Also, we need SR-IOV cards so that we can accelerate all of the VMs with a single card.

1 Like

AgentSmith(Elrond)EvilLaugh

3 Likes

I’d sell my kidney for a card with SR-IOV support. running all those systems on a single card :joy:

1 Like

Its not crashing.

It has crashed enough to no longer be profitable on basically all nvidia cards except the 1060.
AMD cards are more or less unaffected for RX series, but R9 and older are also not very profitable anymore to mine.

if this happened on the stock market it would be considered a crash. though I agree, it’s not enough.

THERE ARE NO BRAKES ON THIS TRAIN

1 Like

to many things are relying on bitcoin blockchain for it too crash

1 Like

So what you’re saying is:

Bitcoin is too big to fail!

3 Likes

If bitcoin is under $10,000 or etheruem is under $700 etheruem and alt coins based on btc price can’t be mined for profit anymore with the exception of Vega and RX 480/580s.
Everything else loses money except maybe 1060s to mine if they are less than the above prices.

I know from my dads mining setups. Even at cheap $.13/kwh r9 390Xs eat almost as much power as they make mining. RX 580s on the other hand still make $1-3 a day after power cost even now. And tweaked Vega still makes $3-6 a day after power but that’s nowhere near the $4-8 a day it used to do.

coughs housing bubble coughs

2 Likes

its 100% going to fail. The first one always dones. Im saying not enough people have moved away from the bitcoin blockchain for it to fail right now

3 Likes

Oh also random keyboard pic with an artisan. From reddit.

Looks nice but I have no idea how one would actually… Use it. Lol. 40% keyboards are strange

like where’s any of the normal keys ye know people use on a daily basis :thinking:

4 Likes

60% is the smallest I can handle using. Or 60% + numpad whatever that is called.
40% is just… Why though. Unless its strictly for gaming (as you really only need those keys) I dont get how you would use it as a daily.

1 Like