The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

im sure youre bored af at work so you dont mind

2 Likes

:laughing: this is true. Although I will have to do the daily backup of the AS400 soon.

2 Likes

Dead lounge is dead.
RIP in Pepperoni.

3 Likes

Morning, have only just got up after taking a nap XD

Just got to work

I still think about the film Annihilation every day since I last saw it. Wheras Thor Ragnarock, nope.

3 Likes

No, let me go. My people need me.

Itā€™s popcorn cinema. Brain off and enjoy.
I stopped caring about Marvel and DC movies somewhere around the time the first Avengers movie came out. They catered too much to the mainstream imo. And pooping out movie after movie didnā€™t exactly help.

The Dark Knight Rises was the nail in the coffin for me. Not that the Nolan Trilogy was bad, but they deviated too much from the source material. Bane was a joke compared to the comics and Catwomanā€¦meh.

6 Likes

I never cared in the first place.

Oh godā€¦ that makes me sound like a hipster of not caringā€¦

But I really donā€™t watch any movies, Iā€™ve never really cared much about them. You get so much more from an episodic series than a 2 hour movie. Thatā€™s probably why the only movies I care about as much as some of the great shows Iā€™ve seen are episodic sagas like Star Wars (though in reality thereā€™s only 3 good ones that Iā€™ve seenā€¦ I have yet to see rogue one and the newest episode, but it seems to be going downhill fast).

Yupā€¦ not just limited to the superhero crap eitherā€¦ look at Star Wars.

1 Like

groan
plop
SW VII
plop
SW VIII
ā€¦
groan
splatter
SW spinoffs

Oh, here comes a big one!
groan
groan
hnnng
plop plop splatter plop
SW BF2

While I wasnā€™t into the comics back then and had very little knowledge about the Spiderman universe, the first one with Dafoe was awesome.

I agree, but a movie should be something special, even more so compared to a show. You can still do the whole ā€œshow first, the movie as climax + maybe transition for the next showā€. Itā€™s just that Hollywood now sucks at it.
Look at No Game No Life and No Game No Life Zero as an example.

But as soon as a movie is successful Hollywood shits out movie after movie with the same theme. Now itā€™s superheroes and half-assing reheating old stuff.

Fast & FĆ¼hrious 420
Saw 56

4 Likes

why is there only one like button.

A film can be good if itā€™s a sequel/prequel to an episodic (i.e. TV) series but even then you have to cram so much content into what amounts to either half a season of anime or three episodes of Star Trek - less if the film isnā€™t as long as a Lord of the Rings movie. Thereā€™s no time to tell any kind of story that doesnā€™t happen over the course of maybe a couple of days, and the more time a film tries to cover, the worse it gets (usually).

Itā€™s better if the premise of the film isnā€™t something super grandiose. The Gods Must Be Crazy is one of my favorite films because of this. It sets up everything up quickly but smoothly. You can see all the different plots colliding and itā€™s hilarious.

took the words righ out of my mouth. Damn, the ninja strikes again.

2 Likes

The Debian Video is going to be made. It wonā€™t get made this week. Iā€™ll write an outline for what I want to say. Itā€™ll get made and go live next week.

5 Likes

Just had a test it did not go well IMG_20180315_104129_01

4 Likes

rip :frowning:

The exam is 20% of the grade in that class too so it really hurts

2 Likes

What class?

Software system is so boring that I canā€™t pay attention and itā€™s the first computer science course Iā€™ve taken in a year so Iā€™ve forgotten a lot of things from the previous class

3 Likes

Lmao.

7 Likes

Im more recent news, A recent exploit was discovered that let you access any facebook account with the right password. Experts suggest checking https://facebookchecker.com to see if your vulnerable

5 Likes