The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

its competitive. does as good as you would expect ryzen todo on the CPU side but pretty much rekts everything else GPU wise

1 Like

nice that ainā€™t bad. kinda makes me want one now. was it tested against similar nvidia GPUs? such as the 940M? (think thats the gpu in my brother thin-and-light) or mostly intel graphics. if It can go toe-to-toe with dGPU from Nvidia that would be fucking awesome.

edit: holy shit it does, thats one powerful little chip.

Iā€™m going to have a busy but productive weekend. Iā€™m going to start work on a thread for this forum. Itā€™ll be hidden while I tinker away at it till it is ready.

3 Likes

You have me very intrigued canā€™t wait to see what it is.

you can make a private PM and then make a public topic from the pm

iirc you might be able todo a schedule it becoming public

1 Like

yes I believe you are able to set a timer to schedule a topic. was going to do that with my giveaway but decided to just make it hidden instead because wasnā€™t sure when I was going to make it public.

Those have been out for a few months, though only in like 3 laptops total lol. I was half tempted to get one but realistically I dont use laptops enough to actually need one.
Definitely interesting things tho. If priced well.

I went with hidden cause I also donā€™t know when itā€™ll be ready for public. Itā€™s going to be a fun and interesting one and involves something I know about.

1 Like

@staff can still read it

im still waiting for desktop ryzen to get graphics

1 Like

Its not that I dont want them to exist but im not so sure it would be all that worth it
Adding the $50-200 or so depending on the GPU thats added would lose a lot of the value of ryzenā€¦ For a GPU that may or may not be any good.
Unlike on FX where the GPU was a slight bonus. Iā€™d seriously wonder if even a Vega GPU on a desktop would perform well enough to be worth the investment and the added price.
Thatā€™s not to say it wonā€™t happen but I would be impressed if the desktop APU with both was actually powerful at both as that would be quite a feat unless it was on a Threadripper size CPU or something

it could be possible. r3 1300X with like 16 vega CUs added. i could see the low cost ā€œgamingā€ machines being a thing

Iā€™m alright with that.

3 Likes

But then it would be a $250-350 quad core with a meh GPU
I mean FM2 APUs had at best what was at best an R7 250.

So that would be an RX 550 or maybe RX 560ish performance which wouldā€¦ Be mehhhhhhhhh?
Especially considering how limiting using system ram is probably would be slower not faster.

Not that such a thing isnt possible as long as its priced well it wouldnā€™t be all that great? Idk. Based on how little weā€™ve seen so far Iā€™m going to guess its not happening for awhile if its even going to.

Would be interesting to see a baller AF one on threadripper though lolā€¦ 1800X and a fairly beefy Vega on one chip would be intriguing so long as it could be cooled fairly well

Also lol @Michael

3 Likes

That is amazing, simple, and brilliant.

3 Likes

So Iā€™m trying to get my 4690K to work on my brothers old Z87 which should be easy as Asus has a feature to update the BIOS without an older cpu installed but you need to prepare the bios file using a Windows utility first for it work.

All this utility does it literally rename the file from Z87-PLUS-ASUS-2103.CAP to Z87PL.CAP. Seriously Asus?

Not even surprised I mean it is Asus after all

1 Like

Asus:
Makes usually good stuff but if you ever have to service or, for some unlucky reason, RMA the things they make ā€¦ Yeah about thatā€¦
:stuck_out_tongue:

Generally Asus from what ive seen is every third gen or so that something goes horribly wrong but otherwise are good to great.

Iā€™ve had the unfortunate experience of trying to RMA with ASUS in the past and lets just say I gave up on that because it wasnā€™t going to happen :frowning: