The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

No memeoff in here

Last time I logged in was to like your mega-rant post in that community complaints thread. Was too glorious to ignore.

3 Likes

thanks babe

its still that bad tbh but lounge is reversing its death trend slowly

4 Likes

Hereā€™s a response in the form of a video that is totally not a meme in any way and just a relevant response to the statement above.

This makes the small oof into the big oof
Dje Iā€™m done now pls no aboose

1 Like

I dont mind the occassional meme but the lounge is for conversation. if you want to shitpost then we have a place for that.

Its the whole dont shit where you eat montra

1 Like

Oof is my favorite sound effect right now

when ever I see an accident driving home I internally think ā€œOofā€, and I dont even play roblox

2 Likes

This story is great

1 Like

Yeah, I watched that episode a couples of days ago, its insane what people will believe from a random phone call and how quickly it can escalate.

1 Like

Makes me wanna learn social engineering.

Its crazy how many people believe you when you give them a phone call.

1 Like

yep it would be interesting just to see what you can make people do but I think for the most part people are naturally very trusting so it can be fairly easy to take advantage of them especially if there in a stressful situation.

1 Like

Managed to track down a news article about the story XD
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/news/local/article29337112.html

1 Like

Seems like the person is still going after 2 years XD

1 Like

damn youā€™ve got some good searching skills XD

I wonder if itā€™ll ever catch up with him or if people will become more aware of it, probably why he switches up targets a lot. Could also be copy cat pranksters at this point though.

From the story it sounded like he was careful about his identity so i doubt they will unless he fucks up. Its beyond easy to generate a random phone number that you can use for next to nothing in price.

I wouldnt be surprised though its a fucked up prank. If you have a prank then they should be able to back out at any point but this crosses some kind of line

Just gotta know what keywords to use =P

1 Like

Man these types of pranks go WAY back. 2009 lol

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2009/07/14/online-pranksters-wreak-havoc-at-hotels-restaurants-nationwide.html

1 Like

Yep, if I remember from the story correctly he had multiple throwaway skype accounts that he used for this.

yep some people just like to see the world burn and just fuck with people, Iā€™d doubt there are many that would even take it this far.

lol yep Google Fu

Common sense should apply.
But that guy is causing more trouble than just some smashed windows. If word spreads people might ignore legit calls about emergencies (lets say, a place nearby has a gas leak and police warns other companies close to that building via phone cause itā€™s faster than sending a patrol car around).

1 Like

The thing is no emergency service will ever do this and people should be suspicious about these types of calls and always act on the side of caution. Same reason why you shouldnā€™t instantly believe calls you get from your bank. The article hits on this at the end saying in future they just exit the building and call the authorities on 911 which is the rational thing to do. There are generally much better ways to warn people than over the phone anyway such as dispatching offices, loud speakers or in more severe instances using the EAS system.

1 Like

Makes sense but in emergency situations - even if thereā€™s no threat - people donā€™t always think rationally. Hence the smashed windows. And people might also think ā€œIf I donā€™t do this and something happens Iā€™ll get firedā€.

But yeah, keep calm and practice common sense.

1 Like

.>gets email from people offering to ā€œpromoteā€ my twitch
ā€¦they are a hip hop edm site that has less of a following than I do and somehow ā€œadvertises to 100,000s of interested gamersā€
ā€¦

Lol.

3 Likes