Anime Discussion Corner

Oh it’s definitely getting another season. Has 2 extras, a special, and an OVA already. They’re really milking the crap out of this show imo.

Until they catch up with the source material.
This really annoys me with Overlord. The manga still hasn’t caught up with the anime and I don’t know how much of the LNs the anime has covered.

Thought I could share my updated collection here too:

1 Like

I’ve been rewatching some shows recently but tried the Engl. dub instead of Jap.

• No Game No Life
  • The Devil is a Part-Timer!
  • Konosuba (only S1 with Engl. dub)
  • DanMachi + Sword Oratorio
  • Watamote (I only skipped through this one cause it’s so cringey)
  • Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
  • Wotaku (Jap. dub)

Now I have Grimoire of Zero queued up.
I’m trying to replace more of the regular Jap. dub + Engl. sub shows with dual audio versions.

For manga…
I recently caught up to the latest chapter with The Devil is a Part-Timer! which isn’t necessarily a good thing for me. I really really like this series and the next volume won’t come out until September. It was one of my personal equivalents to comfort food.
I’m also keeping up to date with most other series (Goblin Slayer + Side Story: Year One + Brand New Day, Food Wars, DanMachi, etc), but in I’m not sure which manga to tackle next for my long-term reading. I have Barakamon on my pile but it’s also one of my comfort foods, so I’m hesitant to read that until I get another one of those. I want to avoid this “shit, I finished it. now what?” feeling.

1 Like

angry%20dragon

Excellent show. Anime depicts her anxiety better than the manga, but manga goes far beyond what the anime has to offer. It’s a real shame this never got more seasons because the progression of the story is excellent, and unfortunately it feels like the manga will end soon.

I’m just not in the mood for anything new. And it’s also easier to follow while playing games.

1 Like

Fucking dusty in here.

Current state of my collection.
(Elfen Lied mangas not on the shelf cause space is already limited)

Haven’t watched much anime lately, been more in a South Park mood (although they have one or two mentions of neckbeard-weeb culture).

My new favorite manga right now is probably Dosanko Gyaru is Mega Cute, where a city boy with a strict upbringing moves to a small frozen country village. The first person he meets there is a gyaru who turns out to be in the same class as him. Shy city boy vs busty country gyaru. Bit ecchi but also romancey and wholesome.

Other than that I just keep up with some other ongoing series but nothing outstanding/new.

1 Like

I have every volume of the K-On! manga now

4 Likes

Update on the collection:

3 Likes

Finished my 3rd time watching Bleach (without the movies). Cannot wait for the last arc to get animated.

Now I’m back to rewatching Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions!. Actually at season 2 already.

As for manga…caught up on some new chapters (Goblin Slayer, Goblin Slayer Side Story: Year One, finally The Devil is a Part-Timer Vol.15). I’m sad that Gal Gohan has ended. It felt a bit rushed at the very end but at the same time I’m glad the author didn’t stretch it unnecessarily.

Unfortunately, right now some manga sources are down. Nobody really knows why but it sucks. Fortunately I downloaded some volumes (still not as much as I had before I had to mass-migrate from a source that IP bans people who use the Tachiyomi app) so I at least have something to read.

1 Like

Rewatched a bunch of other shit (Slime isekai, Yondemasu yo, Azazel-san).
Also some new stuff (Death March, Demon Lord, again!, Ascendance of a Bookworm)
And now I’m finally starting to watch Ghost in the Shell. Got the first movie down and started with Stand Alone Complex 1st gig.

the first 2 movies are the most similar as far as tone from what ive seen

series is more buddy cop/toned down the weird information shit, pretty slow still though

Ascendance of a Bookworm is a cute and charming little anime

It gets better over time.
For someone who claims to love books and read all genres, the MC sure is ignorant when it comes to the overall circumstances in the medieval world she gets isekai’d to.

Books were expensive af and the ability to read wasn’t something most people could easily learn. So why the fuck is this little shit asking her poor parents to buy her ink, paper and books? Selfish brat.

I think that would actually be expected of some one like her. Sure she could have read books about medieval times or worlds, but there’s no guarante she internalize that information and she most certainly never had to use it. Even when she starts making things the stuff she has initial success with are all things she had practical first had experience doing.

Still annoying.
And the situation with the church was de-escalated way too easily.

Imagine assaulting the arch priest - someone in a very high position with a lot of influence and power - almost killing him, assaulting the high priest, having your dad - a soldier, not the highest position and part of the poor social class - attacking church members (even though it was to protect his family, and the whole situation being swept under the carpet by the high priest (in a lower position than the arch priest). How did this not have any consequences? Further more, they agreed to all her demands.

On my journey of watching all the Ghost in the Shell stuff I finished SAC 2nd Gig. Trying to watch it in chronological order but as I learned the stories are set in at least 2 universes.
I started off with the movie from 1995, then moved on to the show Stand Alone Complex.
I’ll continue with Solid State Society (a feature length movie).

The endings aren’t always satisfying in which questions get answers and which don’t. Sometimes there are holes with no explanation given and I’m wondering “what the hell happened during time?”.

I already watched GitS 2 - Innocence a while ago but I want to finish one “universe” and don’t mix stuff together.

Around a month has passed since my last update here and not much has happened. Mostly rewatched The Rising of the Shield Hero cause a) it’s a good show and b) I’m trying to keep myself motivated to read the manga cause I know that as soon as I watch something else I lose interest (happened with Amagi Brilliant Park).

Other than that I’ve been reading the latest chapters of all the manga in my “main” tab and some others. Mostly added new ones that I’m interested in (based on the description or out of context screenshots I’ve seen). So now I have even more than enough and probably way too much (~450 entries, most of them in a state of “plan to read”).

Two posts here the same day? That can’t be right, right?
Well, I just finished reading Blood Diver Ringo and the Fishbowl Man and New Blood Diver Ringo and the Fishbowl Man.
What a wonderful story. At first I thought “This is just weird. A guy with a fishbowl for a head and the fish inside leaps out and sucks the victim’s blood? After that they turn into goldfish? This is ridiculous!”.
But the more I read and the deeper the story dragged me into its universe, the more I liked it. The art style perfectly matches the story to the point where I thought “this makes it whole. any other way wouldn’t do it”. When I read the last few chapters I actually got sad that the end was in sight.
A beautiful story and definitely one that I’ll read again sometime.

https://anilist.co/manga/68111/Chimoguri-Ringo-to-Kingyobachi-Otoko/

https://anilist.co/manga/86269/Blood-Diver-Ringo--Fish-Bowl-Man/

I’d link the manga itself but it’s a fan translation and those aren’t really legal. Sadly there’s no official translation available, I’d buy it in a heartbeat.

1 Like

Got some new manga volumes, mostly for the ongoing series I’m reading, but also 2 completed manga:
Uzumaki
Tomie
(Gyo should be on its way soon)

Already finished Uzumaki yesterday, so maybe I’ll start Tomie today or tomorrow. Need some more uplifting stuff after a whole book of horror and insanity.

1 Like

how about berserk or welcome to the nhk?

lel