Anime Discussion Corner

I’ve not seen Boku no Hero Academia yet. I’ve heard great things about it though. It is on my ptw list so I’ll eventually get to it…

1 Like

Now is a good time to binge watch it. 2.5 seasons are already out, so that gives you a good amount to watch.
I do disagree with Gigguk and his hype/enthusiasm for tournament arcs. I just don’t like them. They either follow through without anything happening at all, or they get interrupted (like in Naruto).

1 Like

never got into Naruto, just didn’t like it. I much prefer Dragon Ball. I may binge it soon, I hit critical mass of cgdct recently and just am not in the mood to watch any more right now (well other than the Ichigo Mashimaro OVA which I’ve been saving to watch after Darling this week since there’s no Amanchu! Advance to counteract the heaviness of Darling). Been binging Ansatsu Kyoushitsu and finished 10 episodes of season 2 so far. Will have to see what type of show I want to watch at the end of that.

what?

Cute Girls Doing Cute Things.

Stuff like:

• Azumanga Daioh
  • K-On
  • Yuru Yuri
  • Ichigo Mashimaro
  • Non Non Biyori
  • Amanchu!
  • Comic Girls
  • New Game
  • MItsuboshi Colors
  • Slow Start
  • Yama no Susume
  • Yuru Camp

just from the stuff I’ve watched… there’s a lot more on the ptw list…

2 Likes

Anime vs Reality

Started reading Toaru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudouki on a whim.
While it’s your typical “person plays an MMO set in a fantasy world” setting - and rather slow pacing - it depicts the perfect fantasy RPG for me.
The slow pacing is important because nowadays - at least in WoW - it’s almost a rush/race to get to the end content while dismissing any story content. Exploring the areas outside of your quests’ paths is not necessary and everything you need to know about abilities, crafting, etc is conveniently gathered in an online database. It’s almost too much information available.

The protagonist chooses for his avatar “Earth” abilities that mostly regarded as useless by other players (cooking, carpentry, making potions, etc, and on top of that he uses a bow). But despite his “weak” choices he manages to become a famous player (although this was never his intention and he prefers doing things solo and staying under the radar).

1 Like

Is that from an actual anime or is it just drawn in anime style?

Apparently it’s from this anime:

4 Likes

Damn you… and I had my ptw list under 200 too… :sob:

1 Like

Right now I have a similar problem with manga. Although the time until a new chapter gets released is rather long and random. Hence why I prefer finished series and “mainstream” series (as they get new chapters in a weekly schedule).

Atm I have more than 20 manga on my list that I’m either currently reading (finished series) or waiting for new chapters.

(Re-)watching and reading Great Teacher Onizuka. One of the classics, imo.

1 Like

Finished both the manga and anime of GTO. Both are very good but neither has a proper ending imo.

Now I’m watching Shimoneta again.

Got Hanamonogatari in the mail yesterday and tomorrow Goblin Slayer Vol.3 is supposed to arrive. The free space on my shelf is getting smaller…I need to re-arrange soon.

1 Like

I wish this would get a second season… It won’t… and even if it did it wouldn’t be the same with a different voice actress for Anna.

So good

1 Like

Just read up on it…fuck :frowning:

(I’m also a bit shocked that it’s been 3 years already since Shimoneta aired…).

Finished Shimoneta, now one of my all-time favs: Barakamon.

1 Like

Was kinda in the mood for Cowboy Bebop, so I’m watching that again. Another on of those classics in anime.

The latest chapter of Food Wars has me thinking about dropping the series. Seriously? This kind of plot twist? Gives me the impression that the author had no idea how to continue after a certain point and is now pulling half-assed ideas out of his butt.

Ah, looking at r/shokugekinosoma I’m not the only one feeling that way.

tbh, I think this last chapter is a trainwreck that will ruin a lot of the characters if not the whole series.

Hoi, hoi! A month since the last post here? Sheesh…

I guess I’ll write what I remember reading/watching.

Dropped Brawling Go. There’s almost nothing happening in the chapters anymore and it got pretty stale and the MC is now an annoying boning machine.

Added Gal Gohan to my current reading list (manga about a Gal who joins her school’s cooking club).

Finished Ageha wo Ou Monotachi. Really enjoyed it. The successful actress Ageha gets arrested for murdering her roommates despite her claiming she didn’t do it. She manages to escape and her prison guard gets blamed for it. Now he is a bounty hunter with the sole goal to capture her.

Sun Ken Rock was a fun read too. I’m usually not into stuff about gangs and gangsters but the summary sounded interesting enough for me to give it a try. Kitano Ken moves from Japan to Korea, following the woman who he confessed his love to after graduating high school. She went to Korea to become a police woman and Ken wanted to do the same…but instead he ends up being the boss of a gang in Seoul.

Added Ghost Writer to my list. There aren’t many chapters out yet to really tell if I’ll stick with it. Young guy works as a writer. He has almost no experience and only graduated from a 3rd rate university (and it seems that this makes you a loser in Japan’s society). But what people don’t know about him is that the recent hit novel was actually written by him - as a ghost writer.

Re-watched Bleach. I skipped some parts (never like the Bount arc) and jumped through some of the less interesting episodes. Now I’m watching the movies (and I can’t remember if I ever watched them before).

2 Likes

Haven’t looked through this season’s anime yet but for now I’m watching Goblin Slayer (duh) and Uchi no Maid ga Uzasugiru!. Fairy Tail is also on my PTW list.

1 Like

I like this one a lot more than I thought I would.

Currently watching from this season:

• Anima Yell!
  • Gaikotsu Shotenin Honda-san
  • Goblin Slayer
  • Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara
  • Otona no Bouguya-san
  • Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai
  • Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken
  • Tonari no Kyuuketsuki-san
  • Uchi no Maid ga Uzasugiru!
  • Yagate Kimi ni Naru
  • Zombieland Saga
1 Like

Overlord III is quite a bit slow in the first half.
I’m only at episode 9 but I have some questions regarding loose ends/unfinished story threads. But from what I read elsewhere those won’t be resolved in this season.
I should finally start reading the manga instead of letting it collect dust on a shelf.