Post what new thing you acquired recently

Picked up some Cubans in Canada

2 Likes

this, which cost way too much but controllers always do lol…

and Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition for $60 because it was, surprisingly, on sale. probably due to E3 but still. woot. finally get to play the series again after only being able to play the first one until now.

2 Likes

2x Quadro 2000
1x Quadro K2200
2x Quadro 4000 (Rev. 2)
1x Geforce FX 5600 Ultra
1x Quadro K600
1x Quadro K620
1x GeForce GT 740 4GB
1x GeForce GT 730 PCI-E x1
2x GeForce GT 740 2GB
1x 3Dfx Voodoo 3 3000
1x 3Dfx Voodoo 2 3.0 (12MB 110MHz EDO)
1x Diamond Monster Fusion AGP (Voodoo Banshee)
1x Radeon X800 XT AIW
1x Radeon AIW 8500 128
2x Radeon SDR AGP
1x Radeon SGR PCI
1x HIS Radeon HD 3850 IceQ 3 Turbo
1x XFX GeForce 7800 GS AGP
And a Creative Labs SB16 plus its relatives.

4 Likes

Ducky One 2 Mini RGB LED 60% Cherry MX Silver

SteelSeries Rival 110 Mouse and SteelSeries QcK Gaming Surface - Small Cloth Mousepad

These are sometimes used with my Thinkpad X390. I wasn’t sure about being able to handle a 60% keyboard but I got to amount having these smaller keyboard is neat plus it’ll be easy to travel with. I think I’ll master using it in about a week.

Why MX Silver?

I can’t go back to any other one. I really like how it feels, the response, and the speed. It is a pleasure to type with this switch.

I have the RGB turned off on both the keyboard and mouse to conserve battery power on the laptop.

How close is the review to being done for the X390? The majority of it has been written but the performance portion won’t be written till after 30 days of using it. Which is June 30. That’s when the review will be published.

3 Likes

Galaxy Tab A 10.5 (T590)

12 work days is way too long for me to be without a tablet as it turns out I use it a lot. So I got this as a replacement for myself and I’ll give the Mediapad to my grandma once it’s back in working condition.

That’s enough purchases for a while though.

1 Like

Woot.

got a straight razor and strop (sharpening thingy) for $70 shipped. after i get good with the razor, wont need to buy any more normal disposable razors again :smiley:

3 Likes

I got more cigars…

And a shirt that I had to buy when I saw it

4 Likes

nice. That looks like your avatar :smiley:

2 Likes

Not only is the sharpening stone I have too fine (2000/6000 grit) but I also suck at maintaining an angle, so I got this with the refund for my old tablet:

Lansky Sharpening System

Stand
Leather Strop
Stropping Compound

2 Likes

New battery and back cover for my phone. hardware buttons stopped working so got these to fix that.

ended up not needing the back cover as the issue was with the battery. Side comparison you can clearly see the one on the right has bloated out lol

1 Like

Pressed against the buttons?

quite the opposite, the bloated battery was lifting the phone apart so the buttons on the back of the case weren’t making contact to the pads.

1 Like

But now you have a spare case. And glad to hear you got the issues fixed.

1 Like

This stuff and butane

3 Likes

Visiting the local headshop and saw this buet. Had to buy it XD

3 Likes

3 Likes

Ordered the Razer Phone 2 during the Prime day sales. Considering it was released with a ~860€ price tag and is now ~450€, the 415€ I bought it for is quite a nice deal (although, still expensive).

And a cheapo case until I can get a hold of something better.

Overall, I wasn’t very happy with the Motorola One Vision, which I’m returning for a refund.
The 21:9 aspect ration feels more like a gimmick without any good use cases. And the front camera punch hole is annoying. On top of that, there’s a very noticeable black shadow around the front camera and the top/bottom edge of the display on lighter backgrounds.
The only good features are Motorola’s Moto gestures (twist to launch the camera, chop to launch the flashlight and 3 finger touch on the display to take screen shots).
While it’s already mid July, I only got the June security update today. For an Android One phone that’s not very fast.
And the battery life…well, despite the generous 3500mAh battery, it’s draining a lot when using any kind of data connection. Or even apps (why does playing music over headphones use ~5% in just a few minutes?).

So, yeah, I’m paying ~115€ to upgrade my phone - again.
I’m trading in the headphone jack and guaranteed updates for 2 years for a regular 16:9 screen, IP68 rating (compared to IP52), bigger battery (4000mAh vs 3500mAh) and much higher specs (at least on paper it makes a difference).
This phone better lasts me a few years.

3 Likes

because, suprisingly, navi is actually good value… moreso than nvidias offerings currently- got the 5700 XT for reasons. will be replacing my RX 570 4gb, and should power my 4k display much better :smiley:
leamd

3 Likes

This beauty

4 Likes

Golf clubs

3 Likes