Post what new thing you acquired recently

Cisco IOS Cookbook and A+, Network+, Security+ Exams in a Nutshell : A Desktop Quick Reference

books

4 Likes

Good luck on the exams if that’s your plan :smiley:

4 Likes

DSC04070

EVGA GeForce GTX 470
IXMicro Twin TurboM8 (Mac)
PNY GeForce GT 630
2x AMD FirePro W2100
ATi Radeon X1800 XT
Micro Conversions Game Wizard (Mac Voodoo 2)
3Dfx Voodoo 3 3000
XFX Radeon R7 250E
ATi Rage 128 Pro (Mac)
Visiontek Radeon HD 7750 SFF 4xDP
EVGA GeForce 7600 GS
Dell Radeon R7 350X

3 Likes

Book: CCNA INTRO : Introduction to Cisco Networking Technologies Exam 640-821

2 Likes

Found out today that we’re paying more than the current equivalent of our internet/TV plan while getting half the download speed. Called them and they said we can switch but have to pay X amount. Dividing it by the remaining duration of our plan revealed that it wasn’t as great of a deal. So I said fuck it and went with the next higher tier. Up from 125mb/s down / 12.5mb/s up, for ~9€ more per month.

2 Likes

That wanker yesterday that was supposed to deal with the new internet/tv plan only initiated the shipping of the new tv box but nothing else. No wonder the new tv box doesn’t install and the internet speeds are still the same…idiot.

But I made a spontaneous purchase after I returned the old tv box to the store. Wanted this 10 years ago but always pushed it off thinking “next time I’ll buy it” until it suddenly wasn’t available anywhere. Got it even a bit cheaper than on Amazon and without possible shipping damage (plus it’s FSK18 so Amazon would charge for shipping).

At a linux conference in town and got this cute little guy :smiley:

3 Likes

aww those are adorable :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Yep. Watched a presentation on setting and managing mySQL databases and they were giving these away and managed to get the last one :smiley:

2 Likes

nice catch getting the last one, its soo cute to pass up.

2 Likes

RMA replacement for my 1700 because the MCU pretty much died on mine.

2 Likes

My new car :smiley:

5 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: What are you currently listening too?

Acquired a 1U server chassis a couple of days ago. This is it with my duel core Celeron inside™. My plan is to use it as a backup server with NixOS

Also 100% can’t use those fans unless I want to annoy everyone in the house XD

1 Like

Not my picture, but I ordered the first 4 books of the Diablo novels in German + The Book of Cain (paperback) in English cause the German version (as well as of the Sin War trilogy) is out of print. I grew up playing Diablo2 + Lord of Destruction and Diablo 3 in German and the localization team and voice actors did a good job. When I’m already used to the German names etc. I’m usually not keen on switching languages unless it offers an advantage and quality improvement.

Also original replacement earpads for my HD 598 SR from Sennheiser.

1 Like

3 Likes

Kobo Clara HD

4 Likes

Cant show a picture but cut out a massive vinyl sign for a local company. About 17" in size and 60" long

2 Likes

Humble RPG Bundle Tier 2 ($4.43+)
Tyranny and Pillars of Eternity caught my eye the most.

1 Like

Groceries…the unhealthy kind. That’s what I get when I watch Himoto Umaru-chan before going out shopping.

2x 2-packs frozen pizza
2x Kelly’s Riffles ‘It’s Big Man’ Cayenne
1x Lorenz Monster Munch Big Pack
1x Jack Link’s Beef Jerky (Sweet & Hot) only cause it was marked down and I had a -25% coupon for all snacks
1x Chocolate covered raisins
1x Napolitaner wafers
3x cans of Sprite
1x bottle Rauch Black Tea Lemon-Ginger

That should be enough splurging on unhealthy stuff for a while. Even more so cause I’ll probably gonna get new glasses this year which will bite 250-350€ off my bank account. Seeing is expensive, yet there’s so much shit I don’t want/need to see.
And in October I’ll get a new dumbphone for my grandma cause Nokia is releasing an outdoor phone (Tough 800). Her Samsung has seen better days.

3 Likes