The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

Busy work day. Glad to be home.

3 Likes

Playing pokemon silver and I traded a Chikorita and a Cyndaquil from my gold copy so I had all the starters. But my Quilava and Chikorita wonā€™t fucking listen to me.
Edit: got that 2nd badge now so pokemon up level 30 will now listen to me. No more disobedience from Quilava or Chikorita

2 Likes

German sounds so weird in English movies. No wonder yā€™all think Germans are some creepy fucks.

3 Likes

I learned that emojis were invented in Japan why am I not surprised.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sure not all Germanic people are like you

yay new keyboard :smiley:
strangeā€¦ 65%? layout and the profile though. but actually quite nice. and itā€™s already converted to USB so it is what I am typing on right now lol.
veryā€¦ signatureā€¦ noise which I will record at some point.

Yes it does. I was very fortunate my German teacher in High School was actually from Germany, Northern. She was great. She actually talked about the importance of tone.

1 Like

Nah, just the way they sound like when speaking English. In most cases the tech-affiliate ones (like der8auer) have that precise tone (everything must be done according to the rules, no deviating allowed).

Most people ive meet assume german is like this. Really loud and aggressive but not actually threatening

4 Likes

Welp looks like I canā€™t get the Oculus to work in my VM witthout passing through the controller. the headset is seen as three usb devices and with the lighthouses thats 5 in total which is the max I can passthrough but Iā€™ll then be without a keyboard and mouse :frowning:

1 Like

Vary German of you to say.

2 Likes

Shill out for a USB addin card

2 Likes

I would but its a shot in the dark whether Iā€™ll be able to pass that through or not. My board does have two usb controllers (one for 3.1 gen 2 the other for 3.1) so maybe with the ACS patch I could but will need to look into that.

Gives you another project to half finish at least.

1 Like

buy one of these. has 4 usb controllers on 1 card
http://www.sonnettech.com/product/allegroprousb3pcie.html

1 Like

German German sounds different than Austrian German. Kinda like British English vs American English. More lax and depending on the part of the country heavily accented.

The guy with the mullet speaks the typical Wiener Dialekt (the lower social parts). A lot of the ā€œRā€ get turned into ā€œAā€ (like ā€œmirā€ -> ā€œmiaā€) And some other weird stuff, cause while ā€œmirā€ means ā€œmeā€, it is also used as ā€œwirā€ (us).
Example from that scene:
Des geht eam original genau nix au.
-> Das geht ihn original genau nichts an.
-> Thatā€™s really just none of his business. (kinda loosely translated)

3 Likes

Richtig!

1 Like

Yes that it does

neat Is that the one Linus used in his threeway VR video? That card would solve all my VM usb issue, they go for around Ā£117 here which isnā€™t too bad for what your getting but canā€™t really afford it right now.

1 Like

Do you still know any German?

I canā€™t speak or write it fluently anymore. I can understand a basic conversation and still read it. Though Iā€™d need a dictionary for a few words.

1 Like