The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

Gonna look into scripting my bashrc file some :smiley:. Want to have it check for errors and report them to me

1 Like

thats a neat idea, like having it check your filesystems or any hardware issues and report them when you open a new shell?

1 Like

Was thinking of making a script that will check for certain errors like failed systemd units, low space, low memory, etc

1 Like

Low space and low memory are an error?

1 Like

yes because neither of them should happen

2 Likes

nice so having the script run from bashrc and it’ll report the status depending on certain thresholds? could get extra crazy with the stuff you can track with that. Be sure to post your finished script in Lazy Automation when its done though :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s what buying more HDDs is for :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

We need to make you a script that’ll automatically order a new hard drive from Amazon when you’ve filled the previous drives. I’ll sure save you a lot of time given how quickly you go through them. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Not that easy. I might change my mind from 4TB to 8TB (not sure about 6TB ones) or even just 2TB drives to replace my 1TB ones, in case larger capacities don’t fit the budget.

1 Like

nah just need to make an algorithm that will decide on what drive to purchase depending on factors of cost and if you can afford it and how quickly you filled up the data on the drive aggregated against market data on on HDD prices over the previous year and look for trends to buy the best capacity vs cost.

1 Like

Link it to my bank account?
Yeah…no.

1 Like

wouldn’t even need todo that, just setup some thresholds so it doesn’t go crazy buying majorly expensive drives. Could also even get the script to email/message you with a drive recommendation and link to the amazon one-click purchase.

1 Like

It would need to know my balance. And HDDs constantly change in place on my priority list (like everthing else). While I often say “I’m gonna buy this or that” months can pass without me buying anything from that list (and instead I buy a bunch of other stuff that amounts to the same or even more in total cost).
Those mangas are 8-13€ a piece and I bought 58 of them in a relatively short time. Those could’ve easily been a NAS or new phone + tablet or chair + desk or new monitor or…
But I tend to hold off on big purchases and opt for smaller ones that pile up.

1 Like

yep thats why the recommendation would be a good option. script would just be there to make you aware of it and do all the hard work so you just have to decide whether you want to or not.

1 Like

My last 3 HDDs where impulse purchases (a combination of seeing a deal and/or having the money and “in the mood for it”). I’d probably end up ignoring it and keep doing my thing.
Kinda like with the email-notification from Steam/GoG that games from my wishlist are on sale. I’m more likely to buy them if I stumble upon them myself during a big sale.

I also have a tendency to ask for advice (“should I do this or something else?”) and then doing what I had in mind in the first place, ignoring all advice.

1 Like

I’m going to be pretty busy after work today. Lots to do. I don’t mind though.

2 Likes

forgot how immersive and visually impressive Space Hulk Deathwing is

1 Like

Hmm so LineageOS has its own crypto currency now? Decided to build and update LineageOS on my phone and was greeted by a pirate asking me if I wanted to join it.

Also has a wallet app now.

This was announced yesterday and not even sure if its real or not XD

2 Likes

yay more worthless digital moneys

2 Likes

Interesting, you earn LOSCoins by reviewing code that people have submitted to LineageOS on their Gerrit portal.

1 Like