The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

only dead pixels I’ve ever had were on my old Samsung monitor and one on a television I hardly use anyone, though I generally have more issues with screen burn-in both on my old LG G5, my new G5 and my LG ultrawide monitor, I see a pattern emerging here :thinking:

2 Likes

Tried out Apex Legends… It’s actually pretty fun. Not that I play FPS games that much but this will probably be the FPS game I play for the foreseeable future, And not Quake Champions or whatever. Between Apex & SWTOR I’m set for a while :smiley:

Other than that HI

1 Like

Rip. Electricity is getting more expensive. Up from 6,25c/kWh to 7,79c/kWh. Plus 3,59€ monthly fee from 1,25€. Considering going back to stock clock on my CPU.

1 Like

RIP power companies do this all the time, ours went up not long ago to spite them saying it wouldn’t, going back down to stock is gonna be brutal though given the performance you have now :frowning:

1 Like

The difference shouldn’t be that much in every day tasks. And I didn’t notice any huge performance boosts in WoW or other older games. Transcoding is a different matter but it’s not like I do that all day. Can just apply the OC again and go back to stock after it’s done.

1 Like

Just a heads up the forum will be going offline in a couple of days for maintenance.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Surprisingly no RGB

1 Like

just throw some of those waterproof led floater balls and you got yourself a party

2 Likes

Went to bed at ~7:30pm cause I had trouble keeping my eyes open. Woke up around midnight and can’t fall asleep anymore -_-

How y’all doin’?

1 Like

doing alright, currently testing out my new UPS and putting it through its paces before its ready for use and whether the auto shutdown works correctly to poweroff the server in a low battery event. Also some fairly none scientific load testing, I get around 12 minutes on idle but apparently compiling Linux/running furmark estimates I’d get 1 minute of runtime XD

3 Likes

Not much, just breathing

3 Likes

Keep at it. Eventually you’ll become a pro.

3 Likes

That picture breaks my heart.

4 Likes

Memories of more care-free times?

2 Likes

Got a second job at a temp agency. Should hopefully help pad out those paychecks and let me move out

3 Likes

This will be fun today lol.

2 Likes

Nice, second as you have two jobs and still have to do your old one? hopefully should help a lot with those poor hours you were getting. This the same one you mentioned before and got invited to see them?

Yep

Congratulations then, sounds like a really neat job and as you said should hopefully help you get your foot in the door for other opportunities later down the line :smiley: