The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

will make sure you catch you again then :kissing_heart:

I dunno, maybe I’ll stick around for a bit. At least long enough to say hi to @Dje4321

1 Like

sweet, new high score

2 Likes

Kinda wanna make a new thread just to post scores but i’m probably the only one who would use it so i won’t

go head if you want, could be a post your video game achievements thread or could just post them in the What are you currently playing? topic.

1 Like

New thread made: The High Score Table

1 Like

News:
I ordered a 4k monitor:
[Perfect] QNIX UHD32R HDR HOT 3840 x 2160 UHD 6ms 60Hz AHVA Panel 32" Monitor

I’m going to do a very slow ReShade Photography Replay of Hellblade and capture it in 4k.

The ReShade Preset is not one I’ve shared publicly. It’s a black and white reshade I made recently.

My RX 480 is going to be pushed to the brink.

I’ll be using FRAPS [Already own it] to capture the image with ReShade cause GOG screen capture doesn’t get it.

Also Wolfenstein II The New Colossus is now playable with the latest AMD Drivers. There was a blind white bloom that kept me from playing it. It is now fixed so I cna finally finish the game.

If I find the time I will do a written review of the monitor.

2 Likes

32in? nice.

2 Likes

Its called we have absolutely 0 rating

2 Likes

Your not completely dead

its as if they know what were like or something /s

1 Like

Not entirely, just mostly dead.

My knife situation is getting a bit annoying.
Kershaw Shuffle is not suited for one-handed use. Got a refund and to keep it.
Aubey EDC knife was just bad quality and is going back for a refund.
Ontario Rat 2 appears to have been dropped by someone before it was in my possession. Ugly dents on the thumb rest and some scratches on the liners. Getting a replacement on Monday.

On top of that, the black one was fine to order. But why do they not deliver the green one to Austria? The only difference is the color of the scales and the blade has been stone washed - it’s just looks, a different color option. Contacted them, they also don’t seem to know without more research. Gonna get an email within 24h with hopefully a logical answer.

Any reccomendations for a good knife? Looking to replace this box cutter nonsense.

I just started getting into knives myself.
Blade HQ has a “best first knife” video and Nick Shabazz has some too.
Bought the Rat 2 as a recommendation and besides that it seems to have been already used it’s great.

Definitely check your country’s laws regarding knives first (gravity knives, switch blades, assisted, fixed blades, lock types, etc).

General advice would be: don’t cheap out. Inexpensive != cheap.
Trusted manufacturers can fuck up too sometimes, especially in the low budget area.

Oh, and most of this might be a “duh”, but still useful:

Same goes for maintaining knives.
Nick Shabazz has for almost any knife he reviews a disassembly video where he shows how to take it apart/put it back together and how to care for it (cleaning, oiling, sometimes greasing and removing/preventing rust).

For sharpening it’s a matter of how much you want to spend on it. Sharpening stones for manual sharpening are often less expensive but a bit tricky while guided tools come at a higher price but make it easier.
And mask the parts of the blade while sharpening so you don’t accidentally put scratches on it.

2 Likes

20 Job applications later

2 Likes

lel the fun of filling in forms that are almost entirely identical and partly useless over and over time?

1 Like

Is why im using indeed atm. Is just one-click apply for about 20-40% of applications.

1 Like

oh thats neat, worse part about applications is filling in all the stupid forms and stuff and was always told you had to specifically rewrite all of your stuff for every application and that gets tedious fast.

1 Like

The worth part is all of the useless BS like references and whatnot that they require you have but dont want any relatives, coworkers, and friends

1 Like