The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

newtowerroom
updatedtowerobservationdeck
updated the tower inside so that the left door goes directly to the top floor/observation deck(out the top most staircase)

and the right door comes out the bottom most staircase in the living area for whoever put to live in light house, and the top most accessible on that floor comes out the bottom staircase on top floor

should be able to script that you cant enter the living area during the night or whatever, but still be able to access the observation area thru the direct door

newbcave
newicecave
added the small cave in the north map prolly for tentacruel event, and the bigger cave already had on there is the ice one now(has weather set to snow)

maybe add a second jynx not sure what gonna do with the buildings yet

3 Likes

Don’t remember if I mentioned it here but being forced to move to a different dorm room on short notice this week lol, about half done now and started this morning. Annoyed that the dorm people didn’t tell me until this Wednesday but is whatever, new dorm is actually decent. The AC doesn’t work for shit and the ceiling fan is mildly hazardous if I turn it on but it’s otherwise nicer than current dorm, will post pics of my new setup whenever I’m done today. Hopefully the internet will work right away but if it doesn’t that will be an annoyance. Though I have unlimited data on my phone so it’s no huge deal.

How are you all doing?

3 Likes

Im in a emotional spiral and losing my mind playing retro games

Rewatching mythbusters and laughing at how youtube quality 70% of what they did

3 Likes

Progress;

Kindof dead at the moment. Every time I have to move my server grade UPS … fucking thing weighs like 60 pounds lol. But it’s a massive battery so it’s worth it. Doesn’t make it any less tiring tho lol

3 Likes

Get on skype

this feels now like a challenge
and i will post about it here

1 Like

I will not be thwarted

3 Likes

I said it wouldn’t be easy, you can have this cookie though if your able todo it :cookie:

1 Like

1 Like

as far as I can tell it isn’t even hitting nginx or it gets rejected by it outright, least nothing for it shows up in the logs. (could also be failing at a Clouldflare level too and I can’t see that)

looks like its before i connect “bot blocking” cause old browser im guessing i have ways ive done it before

if its any consolation there have been bots using IE 5 on Windows 3.1 that have gotten through.

1 Like

The two grandparents talking to their 11 year old

2 Likes

Powerpc is fucking stupid i love it

Time to be cursed

well its that i dont have any signed keys to use https lmaooooo
time to download the tools

this is fun

cheesing a firefox build to test if i can even connect
ok this is gonna be harder

hard part is actually doing the TLS handshake, we have the server locked down pretty good.

i can get to other discourse forums sadly i need to get the correct signing and thats a pain atm to find

1 Like

Now almost done moving. Surprisingly my internet worked right away in the new room, which was nice. Now just have to get the last car full of stuff into my room and put up my posters again. Need to get some more of the sticky things to put them up though. Might even be able to put up my speaker setup again. Will see.

Well I got the van squared away. Driving my rig by the end of the day!

1 Like

I finally got around to seeing Snowpiercer (Film), there are a lot of films I plan to see but time is limited for me.
This film and the story behind making the film/getting it released are interesting. It’s a short story:
The Harvey Weinstein, yeah that Harvey Weinstein the news has talked about, had held up releasing the film because he personal requested it be cut down and edited to his taste. The director Bong Joon-ho flatly said No. The uncut film did get released by way of a different distributor but it’s release was limited. However it was so successful it got a wider release. Now Bong Joon-ho went on to direct Parasite, which is also on my to watch list.
Now what did I think of the film non spoiler (I would post this in the review thread but there is a 3 post in a row limit, also this is more than a review cause I want to talk about the story):
I’ve enjoyed seeing foreign made films on the whole because the directors and writers do things American directors generally don’t. This film is a masterclass in so many things:

• World Building
  • Character Development
  • Pacing
  • Tone
  • Story
  • Plot
  • Music

It’s perfect. This a film by which I measure other films of it’s type in. It fits in with Mad Max Fury Road. It is a post apocalypse story and a well execute one.

There is one catch: If you eat snacks with your films. You got two choices: Eat them quickly. Or don’t have snacks. Trust me on this one.

Would I recommend this?: Yes, just please for all that is holy trust me on that catch. If you are looking for a well made post apocalypse film with a great story this will fit the bill.

The Story:
I felt I owed it to this film to just have this section about it’s story and the elements that go in it. The film shows the state of the world and builds on it. It only gives a brief blurb at the start and then it lets film show the rest. There is one main character played by Chris Evans and he does have a great character arc. I can’t get into that cause it would spoil too much. The film has a tone of desperation throughout it with an undertone of despair. Story - Is it original? Their have been many stories about after the end of the world. This however falls into a special category of the post apocalypse is the vehicle by which the story is carried. Meaning the post apocalypse is the setting and not the main focus of the film. The main story is of the desperate struggle of mankind in this world. The plot - This film doesn’t have a single plot hole and nothing is dropped. I was in awe of this.

3 Likes