The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

should get a masters in hot tub streaming

Toothaches suck :frowning:

Hope it goes well for you. Most of the time i just need to wait mine out and even then its just my gums acting up

1 Like

Welcome back to civilian life. Any idea what your gonna goto college for?

1 Like

made more sprites, server doin some beep bob boop shiz

the random brand chair i got, so far still pretty cool, everything holding up pretty good, which kinda nice

broke 100k views this last month on youtube cause aqua teen got bunch views after the coming 2 america shiz boosted up one of my old videos

not sure exactly. applied at a university to see how much it will end up costing and if it makes sense probably a mix of history (mostly because at the school i was looking at it is only 36 credits for a major and it’s something I’ve liked for a long time) and cybersecurity (as the actual job i want to have).
in a perfect world I’d get into history research but that requires a lot of time and money unless there happens to be an opening at a place like a museum but those are few and far between.
or if it’s more than I want to spent; a trade school to learn something interesting to do as a job, because a lot of the ones in my hometown are inexpensive enough for me to work an entry level job or two and pay for them outright. and I don’t like having debt so

3 Likes

neverfeariizheres

could be cool but one of them things where you are signing up for alot if you wanna be good/get higher paid positions or get paid to do pentesting and stuff

that isnt like a 4yr degree and your done, is like daily/weekly research into any possible 0 day, overflow etc stuff, any time any new version of any software thats popular comes out that uses the internet, operating system updates, reading changelogs for everything, throwing every program/script whatever you got at it

depending how deep you wanna go i guess. i mean the more basic it configure networks and more normal basic security stuff would more be look at apache/nginx whatever sql etc database configuration, paying attention to updates for those specific things

lot of different levels of course, basic soho my printer wont work, lot of datacenter type things prolly for network design at colleges/university, remote backup/cloud storage. bunch of isp more physically building networks and stuff, your higher level printer stuff, upgrades/maintenance on the big cabinet systems, replacing drives/general server upkeep for large data stores

lot of higher level computer stuff obviously, besides doin the whole moxie marlinspike whatever thing. just the whole fast paced industry is like warp speed on high security stuff, but similar with lot of the other tech stuff, everything they show you know will be outdated by the time you even have the degree/within like 5~10years prolly.

would be if can do electives into research/studies and stuff, as well as try to take the concepts/strategies of stuff more in mind then the real specifics for some of the stuff(baring those programs/version related issues will prolly change over time, to have them telling you, that you must do sysco routing or whatever might not matter that much)

edit: mean stuff like how to do research, organization/categorization techniques and stuff like librarians do, to curate reference material for future use

idea for new simple backup utility thing:

compare 2 given directories and compare contents and list any without a match(not by hash just file names) mostly for if you miss one when backing stuff up or whatever, or forget to delete a different thing etc, so you get a formatted list of every file/dir which is oddman out, or like you got 150movies in a dir, and other one has like 138, which ones are missing

and have it tell you which dir(s) have the extra contents as full path

1 Like

what if I rename something? then I’ll have 2 or more versions in the backup.
a side by side comparison of folder contents in alphabetical order (with “date last modified” and “file size” or stuff like that) could be convenient.

then it would list both

would make sense to get options to replace/keep both then

nah like it would just give you the list of files/directories which dont have a match, then you decide whatever after

least thats how i did the other ones for comparing hash and stuff, to leave version control upto the user, since you could do like overwrite if its a newer file, but in some instances, like programming/editing images and stuff, where normally just increment file names so you dont have the conflict but if you forget or something get another warning, cause you dont always want the newest file in every instance if it messed something up, added a new bug etc

1 Like

Am i the only one hating the stupid robot voice channels that are popping up all over youtube? The content and quality of the video are good but fuck that stupid robot voice

2 Likes

Some are funny but I only watch one or two of them at a time, after that it gets really irritating with that voice

3 Likes

That’s why I only stay in my subscriptions and rarely set a foot outside of them. Especially not on trending…

I can’t recall ever seeing any of those videos but maybe I’m the lucky one the algorithm hasn’t hit with them yet.

2 Likes

Its like the 1000 degree knife videos. As soon as you watch one, your reccomended is completely fucked

2 Likes

like the old neckbeardia shit?

almost at 35k minutes on media server tracking already lol

tried a missionhill set(colors annoy me but otherwise mostly happy with) and a nhk set

worked on media server for a minute for the cheap hacc list generation thing, changed it up since ran into a dumb issue. was using ls -1(since -d just prints the directory you point unless you do a following * which then it just prints everything again i guess) and was manually filtering for extensions to assume thats not a directory, but some people use periods instead of spaces for some reason/end up random name like name.720p or something, which would hit the same simple extension detection(since there are like .tiff, length based thing)

to just do -p and then check for the last character being the /, but then it doesnt print the entire path, just the name of the dir, so have to re append that where needed so took a minute but fine now

edits:

was testing some random video game characters prolly not gonna use any these besides duke prolly, maybe link or something if can think of some meme stuff to do(want the back ground people that arent for secs stuff to atleast be funny or somethin)

1 Like

SFO airport off in the distance, mom and one of her friends are visiting so picking them up.

2 Likes