The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

No idea what to hook this up to but definitely want to at some point because it’s interesting

Also, an ultrasparc

1 Like

ultra5 prolly not very usable if doesnt have higher spec ram, could be anywhere from like 64mb to like 1gb maybe, if has below like 256~512 prolly wont even be able to do video, if has like 1gb would be like a p3/slow p4 or somethin

So it turns out on battery saver mode it only uses the GeForce 9400m (even when plugged in to power), which is way worse than the 9600m 512mb that it has as well. So I put it on to performance mode and it jumped from 30ish FPS to 45-55fps at the same settings. So a lot better, while still not great. The 9600m is half decent compared to the mehhhhh 9400m. Will try Civ V and see how that goes at some point here.

Isnt it obvious? An IBM-PC

Well yes but I’m not about to buy an original and the IBM PS/1 here doesn’t have the same connectors lol… have to find something with this serial-like but not actually serial port

Also, the battery on my MBP hasn’t actually deteriorated that much; still at 78% of its original capacity.

1 Like

Latest find

1 Like

any tadpoles?

There’s also a few CRTs here, this one for example with the speakers still on it. There’s also an Ultrascan p780 which is one of the better vintage gaming CRTs.

1 Like

Got the MacBook Air working, it is new enough for internet recovery unlike the 2008 mb and mbp’s that are here so was actually pretty straight forward.

Only has a 60gb ssd though. Will put el cap or whatever it can handle after it’s done redoing Lion
Edit;
Lol

2 Likes

And another fully working thinkpad

2 Likes

sup?

Ryzen 3700X is 250€ right now on Amazon here, so I ordered it on a whim to replace my 1700.
If I end up regretting spending that much money (on a component that still works), I can send it back within 2 weeks.

New washing machine was delivered last Monday after our old one had some issues (repair guy from the company was a fraud and ended up damaging the drain hose, which is why we had to get a new one…not from the same company, fuck them).

1 Like

damn that is a steal though, is much cheaper than I can even get a 3600x for here right now.

1 Like

Prices are definitely weird. Cheapest prices from online shops here.

1700 - 430€
2700 - 475€
2700X - 385€
3600 - 220€
3600X - 274€
3700X - 250€
3800X - 300€
5800X - 390€

It gets more stable the newer things are but no idea what’s up with the R5 3000 series and older.

1 Like

well old ones go back up since supply drying up probs, same thing if find random old cpus on newegg and stuff

is like 1 or 2 things older is when it hits bottom price usually, then starts goin back up, before it becomes super worthless eventually cause not usable/even in collectible form people just wont care anymore, like model trains, as all the boomers die that had them as kids, the younger people never had them as kids so mostly worthless to anyone else

I remember being kinda pissed when the 1700 dropped to almost half of the release price a few months/a year after release.

But those high prices are just insane. Especially with Ryzen there’s not really a reason to buy the older stuff cause they had issues/were pretty picky when it comes to RAM, etc.

Lowest price ever for the 1700 was ~125€ not even two months ago, then it skyrocketed.

dunno if had to guess somethin random like, people with old mobos with like 1300x or somethin bein like i wanna upgrade but dont have high chipsets/on intel platforms cant update to newer lines etc, that as the supply becomes very low(after couple years of probably no new ones) even just a few sales prolly enough for demand to appear high idk

Probably. tbh, I have no idea how supply changed during the early pandemic when people were suddenly buying shit up like crazy cause they either worked from home or wanted to buy/upgrade their PC cause they suddenly had more free time on their hands.

ye dunno, assumed they wouldnt have been makin any more first gen ryzen stuff once they were making the 3000 series, maybe some 2000 for awhile still going thru the supply chain probably like 6months or more of it flushing thru from switching over at fab level, to no more being in distribution etc

but idk i guess

iirc you’re using a 1700 too, right?
any plans to upgrade before the next platform releases?

1 Like