The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

Not at all, CPU still does more than fine for my needs right now and don’t see much of a reason to upgrade, May have to get another motherboard at some point though as this one is quriky with crashing (might also be the CPU but its an RMA unit already so idk)

1 Like

I’m still on my 1800x and realistically the only thing I need to upgrade at some point is my 1650 super but … that’s probably going to be a while yet lol. Maybe after I upgrade GPU I’ll think about third gen but until then not really worth the trouble

@Michael the thing with the mobo sucks.

@Cavemanthe0ne yeah, a gpu upgrade almost always makes more sense than a cpu upgrade. I won’t really see any noticeable differences in gaming but for stuff like Handbrake (which really is the only software I use that maxes out the cpu) it should make a difference. same c/t, higher clock speed without even OCing? I’ll take that.
and still: fuck those gpu prices…

2 Likes

Ye this motherboard has been a headache since I’ve had it other than the issues above like the Asmedia sata controller failing under large transfers, the usb3.0 controller dying forcing me to reboot and at one point it locked my CPU to 500MHz but I fixed that with a BIOS reflash. could list more but those are the main ones lol

1 Like

Damn. That sounds really annoying. How have you not replaced it with any cheap one yet?

Most of the issues are either intermittent or I have other way around them like moving all my hard drives to my server as networked storage so I don’t have to use the SATA controllers so never got around to it. I do have another AM4 board though that supports my CPU but its currently in use in my router or otherwise I would’ve replace it with that by now.

1 Like

ye almost cut my handbrake times in half and using less cpu at same time going from 1700x to 3950x

like can play dying light or somethin and still be ~85% faster, while drawing basically same power, is faster singlethreadd and stuff too since higher boost/higher boost all core than was getting single core boost with better ipc, but it ran games fine before so basically no difference there for me but am doin the 4k 45~60 thing so wouldnt see any

prolly wouldnt recommend if wasnt going to like 3900 or something, where prolly get like 33~45% reduction in transcode times, with same 8core setup, probably like 15~20, which atleast noticable and if get improvements/stability or anything like that maybe cool

Well, duh. that’s an 800€ cpu with 16c/32t, 3.5-4.7ghz and much more cache xD

My gain performance is gonna be by no means that much.

nah was like 700$ :stuck_out_tongue: up from 400 for the 1700x, does all core boost at like 4.125~4.150 or something on mine, was 3.6 on the 1700x

with a d15 on x370 that doesnt get all the newer boost stuff anyways(pbo some other thing idk doesnt work on the old af chipset)

although whats ur current boost i guess, 3.05~3.1? if new one prolly do like ~4 could maybe still get like 25~33% reduction in transcode

Got a D15 but on y X470 Crosshair 7 Hero.

Without OC? Currently 3.2GHz all-core boost.
With OC 3.8GHz all-core boost.

The 3700X should (cause apparently AMD was pretty generous with the boost numbers, like lab-environment, cherry-picked silicone lottery winners) a base clock of 3.6GHz already, which is only 200MHz less than what I’m running right now OC’d. Single-core boost up to 4.4GHz. Can’t really find anything about the all-core boost, but if it does 4GHz on all cores, damn.

And being 7nm, it should do all the stuff while using less power.

apparently like 3.8~4 somethin depending on load

without OC? nice.
I mean, OCing the 1700 was easy enough. but not putting a higher voltage in and generating more heat is nice for the same speeds.

ye some dude complaining it wont go over 3.8 in all core stock doin prime95/avx shit lol

least from my experience seems the zen2 and newer has significantly more all core boost headroom if you have temp/power availability, where like first gen with x could do 100mhz higher than base clock only, never seen mine go below like 4.05 or something when base clock is only 3.5

others complaining it sticks at the max clock after OCing when they have power plan set to max performance…that person was me.

just have stock power balanced or whatever power plan, and didnt install chipset drivers either lol :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, but that slider.

I can have AMD Ryzen Balanced activated as my preferred plan and still push the slider to the right.

idk lel dont have the chipset ones, tried it forever ago but didnt do anything really

what bugs me is that DDU (and AMD’s removal tool, I think) removes ALL AMD drivers, even if you just want to do a fresh graphics driver install. so it wipes the chipset drivers too.

well is part of the same setup thing(prob cause one with ui people like the most)

Sony releases a new model of PS5 touting that it is 300 grams lighter and that there now making a profit on units sold, I wonder where all those weight savings came from :thinking:

2 Likes