The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

Binding of issac afterbirth+, doom, the new wolfenstein game, npp, gorogoa, la. noire, Super mario party, mario kart 8 delux, crash bandicoot nsane trilogy. overcooked 2, civ 6, pokemon lets go, party hard, sonic mania, resident evil revalation 1 and 2.

3 Likes

Never even heard of those.
NPP only gives me results for some sort of YT channel with episodes named like that.
Gorogoa is some kind of puzzle game?

The Switch seems perfect for isometric view turn-based strategy/RPGs. Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced would be nice. Got FFT for the PSP but thatā€™s difficult af. Then thereā€™s the Disgea games.
XCOM and its clones too.

Here is what I currently have on the Switch and I play most of them fairly regularly

Other than what @Dje4321 already said thereā€™s also Super Smash Bros Ultimate, New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe, Intro the Breach, Stardew Valley, Velocity2x and quite a few other games Iā€™m looking to get on the switch in future.

2 Likes

Floaty platformer

Mind fucky puzzle game.

2 Likes

If youā€™re into platformers and like Dark Souls, check out Hollow Knight.
Gorgeous looking sidescroller but hard af.
If you like flashy colors better -> Guacamelee (Mexican theme).

on the switch

also on the switch

2 Likes

Guacamelee is an interesting game, I played it a lot on the PSVita when it was an still a PlayStation exclusive, also tried it on the PS3 at the time but imo the game plays much better on a handheld. I did however only get about halfway though it so its a maybe on getting on the Switch which should be an improvement over the Vita too.

1 Like

Thatā€™s what I think is true for pretty much any sidescroller. Especially as handhelds usually have pretty good digipads. Playing those games with an analog stick feels very imprecise and slow. The digipad on the X360 controller was abysmally mushy. PS (any gen) and XBOne are much better. Canā€™t say anything about the Switch but I imagine it being close to a GBA digipad.

While I think the XBOne controller is fine, Iā€™d like to try the PS4 controller. The non-replaceable battery is a HUGE turn-off which ultimately kills it for me. And I donā€™t know of games support the button icons for other controllers than XBox.

1 Like

https://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/upcoming-releases/

the one on the switch is meh. Nice and clicky but each direction is its own button with no middle point

2 Likes

Can you give an example of what youā€™d consider good?

Is one of the reasons why I prefer using the pro controller when i can because it has a proper layout for buttons that are spaced well. i do think the reason thereā€™s no middle point is so that it can be used as a separate controller sideways and still have the same ergonomics as the other one.

2 Likes

Dont really have a example.

Ps2/Ps3 sticks out the most in my mind but thats because i used them the most

Psp one was pretty ok but didnt have the tactical feedback id like

2 Likes

Its snowing :smiley:

looks to be laying too and could get pretty deep, really hoping it stays this time and not instantly turn to slush.

UK?

yep

Rip

Howā€™s Brexit?

honestly not great and going about as well as youā€™d expect. donā€™t really want to get into it though because that could get bad quick.

Most of the games on this list are only eShop releases which is a bit disappointing. If they only cost a few bucks then it doesnā€™t make sense to make a retail version of them but stillā€¦
And I donā€™t get why BotW is still out of stock at so many places and the price so high. ~72ā‚¬ retail/70ā‚¬ download code. Amazon Germany doesnā€™t even sell it themselves, there are only 3rd party sellers listed.

@Michael Oh, looky, looky!

April 16th

[Switch] Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster

And this is interesting too. Curious if they just ported the PC ā€œHDā€ Remakes or polished them a bit. Cause the ā€œHDā€ isnā€™t really consistent in those games from what Iā€™ve seen.

[ Switch ] Resident Evil
[ Switch ] Resident Evil 0
[ Switch ] Resident Evil 4

1 Like