The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

Not panda express but midwest asian food.

laughing%20jameson%20gif

no wonder why you had issues with it lol
itā€™s literally just breaded chicken + a sauce that vaguely resembles something asian that its supposedly copying + sometimes fried rice thats not terrible

the above steak house you went to looks like actual asian food

For all in the picture?

pretty much. Big ass bowl of rice, and ok sized steak & salmon with a little bit of mushroom, veg, and shrimp

2 Likes

i lived in the middle of nowhere. The nearest walmart was nearly a hour away so i didnt have a choice. Lots of mexican food tho

1 Like

not that that kind of food is bad if itā€™s cheap enough but itā€™s about as asian as frozen asian meals are (which can also be good, if cheap, but not really asian.)

1 Like

nothing was cheap lol. we used to pay $5 for a gallon of milk

1 Like

Those are probably the most expensive in that meal.
Usually go with chicken (crispy and sweet&sour) and beef (ganbian). Sometimes duck as it is more expensive and can be hit and miss regarding the quality.

And fuck you for making me crave Asian food now :stuck_out_tongue:

But now that I think about it, I never had actual Japanese food (maki/sushi doesnā€™t count) I think. Just the standard westernized Chinese restaurant stuff.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s quite expensive. Kinda like some premium bio milk here.
(bio doesnā€™t mean shit, though. but companies put it on everything cause it sounds healthy and people think it means no harmful shit in/on it and pro-nature).

No. Its called you didnt have much of a choice unless you felt like taking a 2.5 hour car trip

1 Like

Gas money, time and cheaper milk VS expensive milk. Great choice.

It used to be around $5/Gal there XD

1 Like

I kinda miss those small grocery stores. They were maybe gas station shop sized and didnā€™t have a lot variety. Ultimately they were replaced by super markets and now that the EU enforces cash registers (receipt and I think connected to the ministry of finance), those small stores are almost just a rare relic from a different era.

We still have those almost everywhere, thereā€™s like 5 within short walking distance from here and one thats like a 2 minute away, i mean thereā€™s also a massive supermarket just beyond that too but we still.

1 Like

Like those mom and pop grocery stores or more modern?

a little more modern, there locally run but most are franchises now

Then itā€™s not the kind we have/had here.

And if they had a section like this you hit the checkpot as a kid.

Cold cuts or leberkƤse in a bread roll and either a Caprisun or Twist and Drink and one of those really dry and hard gums with a rub-on tattoo.

1 Like

Wellā€¦The Killing Joke didnā€™t exactly meet my expectations. The ending was pretty disappointing. Guess Iā€™ll stick with the comics as there are more of them than movies. And while some of them are really close to the source material (like The Dark Knight Returns), thereā€™s always the possibility that some stuff was left out, creating holes.

Oh boyā€¦ gonna be one of those days

3 Likes

Do you need recommendations on what to read for Batman? I could make a list of what to read that Iā€™ve personally read and enjoyed. It wouldnā€™t take me that long.

1 Like