The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

its as if they know what were like or something /s

1 Like

Not entirely, just mostly dead.

My knife situation is getting a bit annoying.
Kershaw Shuffle is not suited for one-handed use. Got a refund and to keep it.
Aubey EDC knife was just bad quality and is going back for a refund.
Ontario Rat 2 appears to have been dropped by someone before it was in my possession. Ugly dents on the thumb rest and some scratches on the liners. Getting a replacement on Monday.

On top of that, the black one was fine to order. But why do they not deliver the green one to Austria? The only difference is the color of the scales and the blade has been stone washed - itā€™s just looks, a different color option. Contacted them, they also donā€™t seem to know without more research. Gonna get an email within 24h with hopefully a logical answer.

Any reccomendations for a good knife? Looking to replace this box cutter nonsense.

I just started getting into knives myself.
Blade HQ has a ā€œbest first knifeā€ video and Nick Shabazz has some too.
Bought the Rat 2 as a recommendation and besides that it seems to have been already used itā€™s great.

Definitely check your countryā€™s laws regarding knives first (gravity knives, switch blades, assisted, fixed blades, lock types, etc).

General advice would be: donā€™t cheap out. Inexpensive != cheap.
Trusted manufacturers can fuck up too sometimes, especially in the low budget area.

Oh, and most of this might be a ā€œduhā€, but still useful:

Same goes for maintaining knives.
Nick Shabazz has for almost any knife he reviews a disassembly video where he shows how to take it apart/put it back together and how to care for it (cleaning, oiling, sometimes greasing and removing/preventing rust).

For sharpening itā€™s a matter of how much you want to spend on it. Sharpening stones for manual sharpening are often less expensive but a bit tricky while guided tools come at a higher price but make it easier.
And mask the parts of the blade while sharpening so you donā€™t accidentally put scratches on it.

2 Likes

20 Job applications later

2 Likes

lel the fun of filling in forms that are almost entirely identical and partly useless over and over time?

1 Like

Is why im using indeed atm. Is just one-click apply for about 20-40% of applications.

1 Like

oh thats neat, worse part about applications is filling in all the stupid forms and stuff and was always told you had to specifically rewrite all of your stuff for every application and that gets tedious fast.

1 Like

The worth part is all of the useless BS like references and whatnot that they require you have but dont want any relatives, coworkers, and friends

1 Like

oh Iā€™d just get fucking john from down the street? usually here theyā€™d take one reference from a co-worker/tutor and one character reference from a friend or something.

not here. Everyone wants 3 references and the applications are real picky about who does and doesnt count.

Is also alot of ā€œEntry levelā€ jobs that require 1-2 years of experience

here theā€™re not so picky at all and only use them to get a general idea of what your like, sometime they donā€™t even follow through with them.

ye that happens everywhere, is pretty much we want somebody with a senior level of experience but to pay them for an entry level job

1 Like

Films I plan to see in the theater for the rest of the year:
Avengers Endgame
John Wick Chapter 3
Godzilla King of Monsters
Hobbs & Shaw
Terminator Dark Fate - About this. James Cameron is doing it after the rights reverted back to him. It ignores every Terminator after the 2nd one which Iā€™m okay with. My exceptions are really low on this but Iā€™m going to give a chance.
Star Wars Episode 9

MFW itā€™s April and Iā€™ve had no days off:

2 Likes

April Fools!!!

Now get back to work.
:kissing_heart:

I mean, youā€™re kinda cramming a years worth of pay into a really short amount of time (comes with seasonal occupations). If it was stretched out over the year it would be a different situation, right?

I have spent about the same amount of time sitting doing nothing as I have actually working. Itā€™s unnecessary, and unlike an hourly employee I donā€™t get paid just for being here. Itā€™s a waste of time and makes it impossible for me to do anything else because theyā€™ll throw one client at 9am and the next one at 7pmā€¦

Why do you have to be there when thereā€™s such a huge hole between clients?

Shouldā€™ve gotten a Switch, thoughā€¦just sayinā€™

2 Likes