The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

I’m writing and strangely with what I learned recently, I can see Terry Pratchett’s influence on me… I’m not saying it’s close to his style but if you read you’d probably see the influence.

with the option for much more

1 Like

Reeeeeee

2 Likes

I recieved my keyboard switch test kit. I really like the feel of Kali Silver Speed and MX Silver speed. So I’ll be getting two keyboards with one of those. One for work. One for home.

3 Likes

Okay the keyboards I ordered will be here next Tuesday
For work
Ducky One 2 Skyline Double Shot PBT TKL Cherry MX Silver [Image is of what it’ll look like]

For Home
Ducky One 2 Skyline Double Shot PBT Cherry MX Silver [Image is of what it’ll look like]

Also I found someone to potential sell one of my old keyboards to.

4 Likes

Any reason for the ten key vs ten keyless? Thought the ten keys would have been useful for work

I started playing fps games on a 104 key (10key) us layout keyboard. Using the arrow keys allows me to fat finger the keys and quickly reset my fingers by feel. There’s plenty of surrounding keys for alternate input.

However it has become trendy to be lazy and not use raw input when programming engines. So sometimes the os functions interfere.

Yes.

At work I never use the numberpad for what I do. At home I do.

3 Likes

In Mass Effect 2 Replay, I had to start the game over because of a side quest known broken issue. The only way to get around it is to do this quest much later in the game. I was only 5 hours into the game but restarting was a bit of a pain. I’m still planning to do new game plus though. Once I finish Mass Effect 3 my way of saying goodbye to the Bioware that cared about single player RPGs and at least attempted to make a good story will be done.

Unrealted news:
Keyboards will be here Monday. Woot.

1 Like

And he still keeps lying:

I feel bad for the devs, cause they’re only doing their jobs. But fuck Randy Pitchfork. Not gonna buy any games from Gearbox.

Side quests in Mass Effect 2 were always one of my biggest issues with it. The game is open and lets you do stuff when you want except it openly punishes you for exploring and doing the side quests early instead of the main/loyalty missions. Everything is a rush and if you want to min/max the game its preferable to leave a vast number of the side quests/other content until after you’ve finished the game or else people will die, I liked ME1s approach of “here’s a ship fly around and explore at your own pace”.

1 Like

Yeah. It is like take you time.

ME2 No time for you. ME3 = RUNNING ALWAYS,

Strangely Assassin’s Creed Odyssey has that same feeling as ME1. It is like here is this open world for you to explore, there is a main story but hey take your time and chill. I swear if Ubisoft makes an Assassin Creed that is a full realized RPG, I wouldn’t be surprised because it has the base for it now. Hell ACO is a better RPG than MEA.

I found the route cause of ME2 crash for that side quest was a texture mod I used so I uninstalled ME2 and ME3 [it was installed for both].

1 Like

Is anyone really surprised he wanted away from Steam? Randy Pitchfork and Gearbox have had a very troubled history with Valve since back when they worked together on Counter-Strike: Condition Zero and they walked away from it due to disagreements of how Valve handled the project.

1 Like

He’s been caught lying several times. Remember Aliens: Colonial Marines? Jim Sterling has 2 videos about it where he shows everything Pitchfork promised and then failed to deliver. There are accusations of Pitchfork using Sega’s funding for Borderlands instead of ACM. We Happy Few (published by Gearbox) looked promising at first but went downhill even during development (putting heavy emphasis on survival) and even shipped with big bugs.
Overall he reminds me of an even worse Peter Molyneux.

i know i’m late but happy 4/20 folks

2 Likes

better late than not :oregano: :420: :420:

2 Likes

Good News on ME2… I loaded the save that I thought was bugged after I removed the affected mod, I had to also fix the textures… cause they went missing…, and got past the crash point with no issues. Woot I don’t have to replay those initial 5 hours till I do new game plus.

I really need to get back to finishing Dishonored 2 after this Mass Effect Trilogy playthrough. I put it off for long enough. I’ve done a solid point of not killing anyone so far on my first playthrough and dang it is hard to do in that game in the first time. I considered just biting the bullet and just plow through the point that got me trapped in a tricky situation where it is almost impossible to get away without killing a few people. However I decided to focus my attention to just play other games till I could come to a solution or decision. I’ve reached my decision, I’m going to stick with the no kill run, it isn’t impossible but it will require careful planning and patience.

2 Likes

So I ran out of space on my PS4… This happened as a result of God of War going on sell. Also Almost all the games I have on the PS4 are digital. I didn’t have too many though. Luckily the PS4 can use the external drive and I have an old spare one that I’m no longer using that is 3TB. I’m pretty sure the only game I’ll have left to get will be The Last of Us II which is supposedly coming out this year. A part of me is a bit concern the PS5 is going to be shown and come out this year.

From the sound of what is has, it sounds pretty expensive to me. I don’t see myself getting either next gen console at the moment. In fact on a whole for gaming the industry is pushing me toward retiring from it all together. I honestly see Cyberpunk 2077 as potential being the last game I ever buy.

I learned that Avengers Endgame is going to be 3 hours… nope I’ll wait for redbox on that cause the 30 minutes of trailers beforehand. Look the Marvel films are mostly popcorn feast and mostly forgettable. I really don’t want to be at the movies for 3 hours and 30 minutes.

I am however going to see John Wick 3 on the day it comes out:

See 2 hour and 10 is a sizeable film and with the 30 minutes comes to be at the film for 2 hours 40 minutes. I can do that.