The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

Hope everyone had a happy easter (or just a good day).

3 Likes

I know i enjoyed my easter weekend :oregano:

2 Likes

a quiet walk on the tracks

2 Likes

So much stuff at the ewaste place lol

10/100 Switches

Wall of things

Also got 24 Pallets of misc junk and 90 TVs this week

3 Likes

well thats gotta keep you busy with loads of TV smashing :hammer:

1 Like

Hard to imagine how much all that equipment initially costā€¦ And now its being recycled.

2 Likes

New keyboards are here. It is kinda of a stark contrast compared to what I used. As soon as I press the key it is like it is instant. It is going to take some short time to get use to this but so far Iā€™m impressed.

2 Likes

Haha used to make a lot of double key presses with my first mechanical. Takes a bit.

1 Like

I mean we just got 100 TVs today (Old CRT Kind)

Also got a drive enclosure full of legal documents (Tax stuff, Bankruptucy, etc) that the previous owner took 0 time to even attempt to remove stuff. Is peoples tax returns on there :woman_facepalming:

3 Likes

uh ye because that didnā€™t need to get destroyed WAY before it ever got to ewaste.

1 Like

Yep. Just gonna do a deep wipe of the thing before using it

1 Like

ye least you can do what they couldnā€™t and somebody didnā€™t get it with more nefarious intentions.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Who said i didnt have nefarious intentions lol

2 Likes

It only contained 5 SS numbers and dozens of stock certificates along with various stuff from local companies XD

3 Likes

you certainly didnā€™t :wink: wipes data from drives while imaging it to another

1 Like

This is actually replacing my old mechanical keyboard. The new one is MX Silver Speed nad has a very different feel to the MX Brown. You can still fill it but the action is instnat. Brown there is a small delay.

They kinda are like MX RED but faster:

MX Brown:

More on the MX Silver

The actuation force is a very light 45g. The main difference is that MX Silver switches have an actuation point at just 1.2mm rather than 2mm like other Cherry switches

2 Likes

Isnā€™t it illegal to not properly dispose of othersā€™ personal data? (like from clients)

Depends on what kind of personal data. Stuff like SS numbers. Absolutely. Vacation pictures? Nope

3 Likes

though if that did happen and you found out you could probably take them to court over it. also everyone rest assured if I ever throw away the drive in my server Iā€™m 100% putting a drill through it :joy:

1 Like