The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

This show was recorded in front of a live audience

2 Likes

The writing does make it feel like that at times. Is a few moments where the characters hear something that completely changes everything and the first thing you expect out of them is a ā€œYou WHAT!?ā€

2 Likes

Insert pre-recorded studio laughing

2 Likes

Replacement books that came today were damaged again. Even the cardboard envelope.
I doubt that there will be significant changes to prevent this in the future.

1 Like
2 Likes

I knew Fallout 76 was bad but this puts into perspective just how much of a dumper fire it really is, the further into the video the worse it gets.

2 Likes

It keeps going lol

They even added in a pay to win feature where you can pay to get gear fixed XD

2 Likes

Iā€™ve only about half way through and I dare think how much worse its going to get

lol does that really matter if you can get into the dev room XD

1 Like

yes since you could fix your broken best gear mid fight for as long as you have cash to burn

2 Likes

the fuck, in actual pvp you could just say fuck it and fixed all your shit? what are they thinking :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

At work management meeting:
Lawyer who owns the firm: Weā€™re looking at replacing our software and making something new. Either with the base being what we got or from scratch.
Me internal: Great the one we got is terrible. Wait who is going to test this to make sure it worksā€¦ I could do it. I just need to make clear I canā€™t program but I can test.
After meeting, I speak with Lawyer one on one: Iā€™d like to speak with you about the new software. I know this isnā€™t on my resume but I have about 15 years of experience testing software. Iā€™ve worked for Microsoft, Google, and Amazon.
Lawyer: Did you like doing that?
Me: Yes. To be clear I have no experience program but I can check for interface use, ram usage, and making sure it works. If it doesnā€™t I know how to give a detailed report on it.
Lawyer: Iā€™ll keep you in mind when we put the team together to make it.
Me: Thanks.

It is going to be a bit before this happens but itā€™ll be interesting.

3 Likes

Iā€™m moving when I watch Game of Thrones to Saturday because I donā€™t want to spend an 1 hour and 30 minutes on a weekday. Iā€™m going to watch it while I do my laundry.

What about spoilers? I can avoid things getting spoiled for me.

2 Likes

Huge shoutout to the new spiderman trailer. Not even 10 seconds in and its telling you to back out if you havnt seen endgame yet

3 Likes

I havenā€™t seen Endgame yet and wonā€™t till Redbox releaseā€¦ so December probably. Iā€™ve been successful in avoiding spoilers for it so far.

For trailers I literally only see them when I see a film in the theater and those have been pretty safe. Though they really should only show trailers for 10 to 15 minutes and not 30.

I wonder what trailers Iā€™ll see with John Wick 3? Iā€™ll find out. Probably other R films.

1 Like

Add-ons seem to work again in Firefox with the latest update.
While Vivaldi was a nice experience, FF seems more fine-tuned.
For example, streaming wasnā€™t a good experience with stuttering. And I donā€™t like how Vivaldi handles tab. The screenshot tool is also more comfortable to use in FF as it detects images.
Thereā€™s quite a few things that I like better in FF just from a pure ā€œease of useā€ thing.
That said, I donā€™t think Vivaldi is a bad browser, just not as polished, but Iā€™ll keep it installed cause some features are really nice (like tab grouping).

Oh and after 7 weeks the Goblin Slayer patch I ordered (and filed for buyer protection with PayPal) is being shipped. Already sent an email to the store cause I donā€™t want to get something I ordered without paying for it (PayPal sided with the, though, as the store didnā€™t provide any information within 10 days, soā€¦).

Also, getting 6 books today from Amazon again.
1x new order
3x replacements for the ones that arrived damaged last week
2x replacements for the replacements that arrived damaged yesterday
Lets see how many arrive damaged today.

Update: 2 out of 6 are damaged. One of them was in a thin cardboard envelope and way too heavy. Damage was inevitable the way it seems to get handled during shipping. The other one was in a bubble wrap bag/envelope but was dropped on a corner which is all fucked up now. Never had those issues when a book was additionally sealed in shrink wrap.
Maybe I come across as overly nit-picking but I pay for new and want to receive goods in new condition, not used/damaged.

I think requesting a replacement for the replacement of a replacement is a first for me with books.

Firefox only released a temporary fix. You must have the experimental thing enabled (which allows mozilla to install and run code willy nilly) which I will not turn on. So its still broken for some people.

1 Like

Where can I see if this is enabled?

type about:config into your address bar, search for normandy and look for app.normandy.enabled - true.

1 Like

True meaning it enables the experimental thing?