The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

Well he is Pro-Jared after all…

3 Likes
1 Like

I actually got McDonald’s breakfast for once :yum:

2 Likes

I’ve had to add a website I go to to websites to avoid to avoid spoilers for Endgame. Look it is out but, it’s going be months before I rent it.

My Mass Effect 3 is going pretty well so far. I’m doing a couple things in the Citadel. Playing as an Adept is OP with melee. Press F to Destroy. Also has a small area affect cause it’s a biotic attack.

Writing - I’m in the planning phases for rewrite. Also awaiting feedback from a few other people. One big difference is length of time it takes is going to be more natural.

GOT - No I haven’t seen tonight’s episode but on Saturday I did watch the Episode from last Sunday. Honestly… Trash… Like legit Trash. There were serious plot holes in the episode and suddenly out of nowhere moments. Yeah this show being moved to Saturday to watch for me was the right idea cause it is not worth watch during the week. Just to be watch while I do a choir because it is practically background noise at this point.

Season 4 of Lucifer So far - I only watched a couple of the Netflix episodes. Look I read the comics and loved the comics. I also liked the show. The two are different. Anyway, I liked how the season started. It has been enjoyable so far and Netflix kept the tone but the production seems better.

RAGE 2 comes out this week. I’m curious as to what Reviewers I trust will think of it.

3 Likes

S8E4 or S8E3?

Remember how I ranted about wanting a new phone but not gonna buying any cause mine still works…yeah, just had a random reboot and just an hour chatting with my mom used 36% battery. ffs…and even after the reboot it’s slow af.

This one. Three was kinda meh. There are issues of course still with three like lighting being a big one.

ye. They are trying to make a plotline that should be 1-3 seasons long last only 2 episodes and its leaving a bad taste in my mouth

1 Like

Did you like the Last of Us? Have you felt like most shooters have no soul or story and are just made to print money? Have I got a game for you.

Spec Ops The Line is now on gog and it is 80% off:

https://www.gog.com/game/spec_ops_the_line

Non-spoiler review:

This game has one of the best stories for a shooter. It’s dark and gets darker. I recommend people play this one but there are some cavets you need to know:

• You play with two AI friends and you got to keep them alive. They have unlimited ammo. You don’t.
  • You loose your weapons at points and the ammo for them. So brace for that.
  • The enemy ai is ruthless.
    Play it on the easiest difficulty… I say this even as probably one of the few people who had the patience to beat it on Suicide Mission difficult and I’m planning on a FUBAR difficulty someday with a black and white ReShade I made for Spec Ops The Line.

The game is flawed but I think the story is worth it. Overall the game is okay but the story is great.

2 Likes

I liked Spec Ops The Line, it forces you to take tough choices that direct the story that may never pan out as expected and I respect the game for that. There’s never truly a correct answer because there mostly all bad.

2 Likes

4 days till I see John Wick 3.
I haven’t even seen the trailer for it. All I know is what I know from the past two films. So I’m going into the film mostly in the dark:

Spoiler if you haven't seen 2

He is on the run and has an hour before he is considered excommunicated from the order. However he does have a blood promise favor… that I believe was a message and will play a factor in the 3rd film.

I’m seeing the film on Friday after work in a Dolby Theater. After I see the film, I’ll let you know my none spoiler thoughts on it.

1 Like

Well my chair finally decided to die on me so I have to get a new one.

Been looking at DX Racer Valkyrie or something of similar size and quality. I’m fairly indifferent on looks. So if anyone has any suggestions for alternatives to this chair as it won’t be in stock for another 5 weeks or so that would be quite helpful.

1 Like

Depending on your budget you can look into good chairs, Steel Case and Herman Miller.

Cheapest herman miller starts at $510, not sure on steelcase though. I’m looking at under $400. DX is nice because of the size chart they have available.

Edit: May go used aeron. Yeah it’s like $500, but that’s still only half the cost of a new one. :thinking:

1 Like

I’m not a fan of racing chairs. The shape of them alone seems stupid for sitting at a desk.
And that pandering towards gamers is equally stupid. Just like all the other racing, guns, etc themed shit (Sniper RAM, Racing mobo, etc). Just fucking stupid.

If I had the money I’d definitely get a better chair but for now my 90€ office chair needs to suffice.

If you’re near a big city there will probably be an office surplus store. You might be able to find a really nice lightly used chair.

Just looked and there’s more than a dozen places near me. One has over 100 Herman miller chairs for $300-$400 like new. Also steel case and some leather high backs from law offices probably.

1 Like

Closest somewhat decently sized city to me is Rochester or Buffalo… and that’s almost pushing 2 hour roundtrip. Been looking on Amazon and found some like-new Aerons for 450-500 so I may go that route since the DXRacers already are pushing 400 on there. I’ll gladly spend the extra 50-100 for a chair that’s worth 4x as much.

2 Likes

It’s crazy how planning to buy laptop can change from year to year.
Last year I had to plan to get an XPS 13 [After my debt is paid off.].
Now… weirdly looking at Lenevo ThinkPad X390.

Why?

Well XPS 13 model this year has had issues… also I can get the x390 with specs I want cheaper than the XPS 13.

Look this is not going to be bought now but something in the next year or two. I’m curious what the final laptop will be. I’ll let you guys know when I do.

One of my buddies recommended this which seems like a really solid chair for $200 cheaper than the Aerons I’ve found.

May go this route to save some money (so I can spend more on vacation in a couple weeks :money_mouth_face:) for a chair that should last quite a few years.

2 Likes

John Wick III
Tomorrow
After work
I probably won’t be on the forum till Saturday.

3 Likes