The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

Oh, pish posh, they’re just as good as indoor weeds.

So Destiny 2 year 1 content will be free and Destiny 2 is moving to steam:
https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47882

Cross Save…

Also no more console or platform exclusives.

Expansions will cost moneys.

I’m not surprised by any of this. Bungie want more people playing Destiny 2 and making year 1 base free is a very smart move to make this happen.

Moving to steam earns a lot of good will especially with the hate toward any Epic Games Launcher news.

1 Like

yep there also bringing it to Google Stadia too with cross platform support so you can play it where every you want, after the split from Activision I think this will be good for Bungie to move the game in their own direction.

1 Like

Work when I got this management position in April: You’ve got a rough ride ahead. Just do your best.
Work now:… How did you get this to this point?
Me: I trained and worked with my team to make it happen.

Simple version: I did something work and others had said was impossible… It wasn’t it just required me to be relentless and working with the attorneys.

The only thing I’m kinda bored [Not telling work that but I did say when I get it to where it was and when I did I’d want to do more/something else]… and we caught up so we’re helping other teams while also doing our work.

TLDR: Work is going well and I don’t have to work no overtime anymore.

2 Likes

So one of the parts of an ikea part were damaged in shipping… Ahh I got to call ikea about this. Hopefully they could just ship me a replacement part.

Delivery companies are retarded.
I added a more detailed update to my post in the “Recently acquired” thread, but here’s a short summary:
Ordered a new Xiaomi Mi A1 cause the volume & on/off buttons were noticeably (haptic and acoustic) wobbling around. The “replacement” was cheaper (150€ vs 186€).
I should’ve received it yesterday but it never made it to the “being delivered” status. Why? Cause apparently it got damaged and is now back to Amazon.
All fine so far. I’m getting a replacement, right? Well, kinda. It’s no longer in stock and I have to wait. A replacement order has been put in place by Amazon so I’m getting it for the same price (no refund, just a replacement).

But at this point I’m having a deja vu. Last time my mom and I got new phones hers was fine while I had to get several replacements until I got one that didn’t have any defects.
Makes me feel like it’s just not meant to be and that I should look for a different phone.
The only problem is that in this price range it’s perfect for me, checks all the boxes. The successor is a turd, imo.

Seeing Huawei’s situation, I’m not going to get one of their phones.
Nokia has some pros and cons (not keen on getting a glass backside and lower specs for the same price).
I want Android One or at least a guaranteed update for Android Q.
But essentially, if I want something that hits all my requirements I have to pay more. Significantly more. And I’m not sure if I want to do that assuming I’ll get a new one in 2-3 years.

this is dope af

1 Like

my god those landscapes are insanely accurate crazy what you can build in Minecraft if you put your mind to it. its quite possibly the only true virtual recreations of GoT that you can really walk around in and explore.

1 Like

The airmans club here on base is actually really cool. One part is a lounge with like 8 pool tables, a bunch of TV’s to watch whatever on, some more with consoles attached, and even a VR area that you can use for free and a whole separate lounge where you can pay to play on 4k gaming rigs. With gigabit fibre.
Neat.

Also HI.

2 Likes

fired up StarCitizen again out of curiosity… not bad. old SC (circa 2016):

new:

i also randomly have new ships and i have no idea why lol

1 Like

sc… actually runs now lmao
even on this laptop getting good fps at 1080pHigh settings.
also neat.

SC does look like its come some way but I’m sticking to not playing it until after its officially released.

have been playing some X4: Foundations recently though which is sorta similar to SC but completely singleplayer

took me literally this long to figure out how to get in one of the new ships, lmao. but is cool tho

all the UI is clickable now. and the thing runs really well. not bad.

1 Like

battle royale… RTS? im… confused, but intrigued. supposedly will come out late this year lol…

If your gonna watch E3…
Watch Devolver Digital

and
You should watch the Microsoft one… or at the least read about it afterword.

Nintendo should be showing off a few things as well. Kinda interested in what playstation has to show since the xbox one kinda died lol

2 Likes

ye AMD are having their “Next Horizon Gaming” event thing at E3 too which should also be very interesting seeing as there in everything now lol

1 Like

it begins

annnd here goes the E3 storm lol. but hey, baldurs gate is going to be back :smiley:

hmmm. new jedi order game looks like… star wars, but assassins creed mechanics. Could be interesting?

but I’ll reserve judgement until it comes out because star wars games are … well, sometimes good. mostly not lol…

Only way to enjoy a star wars game is on the easist difficultly for maximum badassery.