The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

“The future of gaming”

Takes until 2019 to put an SSD into a console, presents it as if it was something groundbreaking

Consoles and their presentation are a fucking joke.
And the new Elite controller (which of course can be pre-ordered for the release in November) is even more expensive than the first one. $180 for a fucking controller. Imagine playing that much for a mouse. Yeah, there are keyboards even more expensive than that, but they’re not only for gaming.

2 Likes

ye Polygon called it a new special kind of hard drive lol

2 Likes

And by the time the console releases you already know its limits cause you can’t upgrade the hardware.

Seeing how Microsoft is picking up “streaming games” too is annoying. Just like Google with Stadia.
It’s been attempted before and failed. OnLive? No matter how good your internet speeds are, if the latency to the server is shit you’re gonna have a bad experience.

AMD keynote event was interesting, they announce three Navi cards the RX 5700 and 5700 XT which also has a 50th anniversary exclusive to amd.com much like Nvidia with some of their RTX cards which better performance for $500 with the regular XT being $449 and 5700 $379. As for the more interesting things they have an new Anti-lag mode which can be used to decouple frame rate from input lag with an upto 30% reduction in some games which could be huge for esports games and also fidelityFX which offer opensource post-processing effects to improve fidelity of games with minimum performance hit. as for Zen they are Ryzen 5 making 6 cores mainstream at $199 and $249 and ofc they announced the 16 core beating world records in ceinebench/geekbench on LN2 a Ii think 5.3GHz? that is pretty much all the interesting things. Also #InLisaWeTrust XD

1 Like

I’m kinda interested to see how Nvidia responds like the rumor of an RTX 2070 TI which they could easily do.

Yet… in 2020 which is next year Intel is coming out with a Graphic Card. We still know nothing. Wait and see.

1 Like

So while I do see the concerns about Epic Launcher… I also feel like people either don’t know or don’t care these games that are coming there the majority are DRM Free. Meaning you can launch them without a Launcher. Didn’t the gaming community celebrate GOG doing it? Yet yes I know Epic is breaking the PC Market with its aggressive behavior. That really needs to stop.

Then on the other side you have Microsoft working on repairing it’s relationship with PC gamers:
You can get the game from where you want like Steam
Xbox Studio Games coming to PC like Halo MCC and more.
A Redesign Xbox App for Windows that is Focused on Game. The XBOX team knows the Windows Store App is bad and terrible for looking for games. Having this is a smart move.

On a very different note. Phantasy Star Online 2 is finally coming to the United States next year and you can crossplay with others which is cool. I’m pretty excited to finally play this game.

1 Like

similarly a lot of people don’t know this is the case for Steam too, surprisingly a lot of games will run without the client at all and with multiple outlets makes the PC by far one of the most open platforms in gaming which can’t be a bad thing at all.

2 Likes

I like that EPIC wants to make a effort in the PC space. Just with they wouldnt try and force themselves into the market

1 Like

Nintendo has E3 show

My Wallet: :sob:

1 Like

I know there hitting it again with all the good games, my wishlist on the eShop is getting far too big.

1 Like

Remember that phone replacement I should’ve gotten last Friday but then they said they can’t deliver it cause it got damaged during shipping? It wasn’t returned to Amazon, they actually tried to deliver this mess to be yesterday.

There’s a phone inside. The delivery guy looked at me as if I said that I eat puppies when I told him I’m not taking it. Good thing I had a chat with customer service beforehand (and filed a complaint afterwards with this pic attached).
Now I’m still waiting for Amazon to get it back in stock.

1 Like

Hey jeff. Wanna see how far i can kick this box. Im guessing its gonna go really far

2 Likes

It probably doesn’t mean anything but I’ve been told that my case has been escalated for investigation.

“Hey, Jeff, next time you and your guys kick packages around, try to not make obvious dents.”
“But we just installed a field goal post. Don’t be such a party pooper.”
“Alright, but only if you let me kick a few packages myself.”

2 Likes

What even is the point of being a delivery driver if you can’t yeet some packages?

2 Likes

I’m honestly want to know if delivery drivers don’t care if they get a package that has been handled the same way they do. Or do they just never order anything?

a day later and Forza Horizon 4 is … still redownloading. first time it derped and wouldn’t launch, and i had to uninstall and reinstall it… hopefully it works this time but 80gbs takes a long time to donwload even on a 50mb connection :confused:
otherwise HI
i kind of accidentally got onto the drill team today, lol. went to a meeting for “anyone with ROTC experience” and got voluntold into drill… so I might be doing a lot of this in the near future (but much more newbish… because picture below is people who literally do drill as a job, and yes, that is a job in the military, though its only a 1-2 year one and then you go back to your normal job)

3 Likes

Drill team is fun to watch. Bout it

2 Likes

just saying if I did that a bayonet is going somewhere you wouldn’t want it XD

1 Like

i mean… it would be nice as a job lol. not unlike doing pro sports, except without the shitloads of money part. still decent money though :stuck_out_tongue:
wake up and only doing drill every day would be simple enough, compared to most things here.

at tech school is just an extra activity but if i do well could maybe honor guard or get a letter of accomplishment, so theres that i guess.

1 Like

you:
tries to flip rifle
cuts off own dick
everyone who does drill:
confused%20black%20guy

2 Likes