The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

yes exactly that or possibly even the Drill Sergeants

1 Like

he would just catch it and glare at you, lol.
(because i swear, some drill sergeants do have superpowers or some shit :stuck_out_tongue: )

Iā€™m sure we can work a pizza murder into this chain of events somehowā€¦

3 Likes

unrelated news: deepfakes, and a ton of movie referencesā€¦ all in a ā€¦ protest i guess? song about tech. lol.

interesting mix of random tech in a music videoā€¦ pointing out tech isnt always greatā€¦ odd.

somehow the rifle goes off even though itā€™s not a real gun, shoots a pizza a mile away

3 Likes

tries to flip pizza
cuts off own pepperroni
everyone who does drill:

3 Likes

afterwards when the sergeant sees it

3 Likes

also.
windows store is still annoying as hell.
annoyed
started at 22gb, an hour and some ago.

1 Like

hurr durr, we at Microcock love PC players. we care very much about them
And theyā€™re wondering why people dislike the Microsoft store.
Iā€™m waiting for them to abandon and shut it down just like they did with Games for Windows Live.

Donā€™t touch him with the pokey bit. Big ouch.

Marching and parading for events? Here we have a division (?) for that called ā€œGardeā€. You have to be of a certain height and body type to even get it. But even during the mandatory ā€œWehrpflichtā€ you can get picked for it (just like for tanks, etc).

1 Like

inb4 you get investigated for suspicion of knowing about secret government projects.
T R U S T NO O N E

1 Like

Just been around enough people to save willys

1 Like

Getting a new phone is starting to get annoying.
Still no word when the Xiaomi Mi A1 is going to be back in stock.
And now that Iā€™m considering paying more (and also getting more in terms of specs) I canā€™t even buy the Pocophone F1 cause Amazon doesnā€™t have it in stock anymore.
On the bright side, if this continues Xiaomi might release the Mi A3 and a global version of it in time for me to get that instead.
Asian UIs/launchers are just a pain in the ass. MIUI for example seems to be a ROM and not just a launcher. And theyā€™re shoving ads in your phase in some regions. While you can disable most of them, itā€™s just a workaround and the system stays bloated with the apps.
But so far my search for alternatives is not going well. They all have some issues that Iā€™m not able to ignore.
Like the Moto G7 Plus having meh battery life or the Mi A2 not having a headphone jack and expandable storage - while not being able to buy the 128GB version, or Umidigiā€™s flaky update philosophy. And then thereā€™s Nokia which looks overall (nice specs, Android One, build quality) but they come with a premium price (190ā‚¬ for 3/32gb is no good, if I want a step up the price increases unreasonably to 360ā‚¬ for the next higher model and a 1-2 month waiting time until it gets shipped).

Are my requirements that unreasonable?

• SoC should be an upgrade over my current SD410
  • 4/64GB + microSD slot (why so much storage? for media when I want some entertainment without internet access)
  • Gorilla Glass or anything thatā€™s equally scratch resistant
  • 3000mAh+ (and good battery life)
  • Updates (okay, Iā€™m probably not getting those on the Mi A1)
  • Android One or stock Android
  • headphone jack
  • USB type C preferred
  • all LTE bands for my carrier supported
  • ~250ā‚¬ (reasonable for the specs)
  • available on Amazon (I know there are cheaper stores but Iā€™ve had a bunch of cases where the store was just being an ass when it came to return policy)

My LG G5 is like 90% of those requirements and its from 2016 and you can get one second hand for Ā£100 lol

3 Likes

Coughs Pixel 1st gen

3 Likes

Iā€™m already having bad luck with new phones working properly (my current one has a long history of returns and replacements), so Iā€™m not pushing my luck with something that doesnā€™t come with warranty.

No microSD slot. Theyā€™re really becoming Googleā€™s iPhone. And Oneplus ainā€™t much better imo.
If it wasnā€™t for the microSD slot and headphone jack Iā€™d immediately get the Mi A2.

Pixel 128gb is only like $20 more than the 64gb. Either way itā€™s still a fairly good amount of storage.
And pixel 1 is stock Android, it and the pixel 2 are the best vanilla Android experiences imo
Obv thereā€™s better phones for using ROMs thoughā€¦

2 Likes

Maybe in the US but I canā€™t buy them directly from Google.
345ā‚¬ for a Pixel 1 XL 128GB white from Amazon.

Donā€™t really care for ROMs. One of the reasons why Iā€™m so stuck on getting one from the Android One thing.

Y u no eBay
Amazon is notorious for used things lol. eBay basically gaurantees you will either get the product or the money back, they side with the buyer 99% of the time lol.
Besides, Amazon pricing is at best strange unless itā€™s new hardware.

What do they in case of warranty issues? Here I usually go through Amazon first for a refund/replacement and rarely have to contact the manufacturer (who then usually tells me to tell Amazon to get me a replacement).

Depends on the seller. Though if going used I just assume no warranty and any bonus warranty is nice lol. You get the used discount because of the loss of warranty among other things.

Sometimes larger sellers have 30 or 90 day warranties though.

3 Likes