The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

Neat. Didn’t know you got a 3d printer.

2 Likes

local makerspace

2 Likes

PSA regarding room fan maintenance:

Guys, if you have a regular room fan, cleaning them can not only increase their life span and reduce noise.
Their motors aren’t very well ventilated and dust gets in from the vents quite easily. The dust causes the same issue as with heatsinks (worse heat dissipation) and it gunks up the “bearings” (which are usually just bushings with some grease on them).
One of mine had a hard time even spinning up last year and cleaning off the dust and applying some oil saved me from buying a new one.

And it’s not that hard. And they all look the same.

Once you remove the 4 screws held on by nuts you can get into the housing and remove some dust from the copper winding and put some oil on the backside of the rod/bushing.
Then put it all back together (carefully test it without the plastic housing just in case you put the nuts and screws on too tight) and you’re good to go.

2 Likes

So it works pretty well. Blew it and had someone come bursting through some doors and asking if everyone was ok XD

3 Likes

Pikuniku is a nice chill game. Also charming.

Also this screen shot I took could be good desktop wallpaper.

2 Likes

You would love “Tomas Was Alone”

2 Likes

Tomas Was Alone is a great game. originally played on the PSVita and was good just laying back going through the story.

2 Likes

I did. It was a good game.

2 Likes

this thing is creepy as fuck. Cant imagine what facing a army with thousands of these would be like

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/282845075183239168/594404056169054230/recording20190629004220.amr

1 Like

i am alive! lol. bachelor party yesterday was … fun, had something like 20 drinks in 7 hours and somehow i still fine pretty much fine now other than a small headache. even after having a Four horsemen and an Adios motherfucker drink lol.
drill is getting better, should have a decent thing going by the drill down on the 3rd, even if half the guns are broken, lol.
looks like the new AMD things coming out will be neat. will see how the reviews are. also, selling my laptop when my desktop arrives so tempted to get a GTX 1080 or something to upgrade the RX 570 in the rig. will see.

otherwise HI.

3 Likes

I’m slowly catching up on my Netflix backlog… I just started Broadchurch [No not the American one.]
I’ve only seen the first episode and I’m very impressed so far. Legit mystery. Kinda reminds me of Twin Peaks except not soap opera [Look I love Twin Peaks but it has a Soap Opera feel to it. Granted a very weird surreal one.]. I’m going to keep watching. I think I’m in for a solid show. I’ll let you guys know.

3 Likes

reshade on black ops 1 is really nice, lol… game is from like 8 years ago and a little reshade makes it look really good.

3 Likes

The battery life of my Tab A is phenomenal. Sure, that’s to be expected of a huge 7300mAh battery but when it’s just lying around (still connected via wifi) it sips at idle.
1d11h on idle
4h41m of reading manga
35m of browsing
I’m only down to 75% (63,75% cause I set it to 85% max charging, still shows as 100% though).
And quick charge is fucking fast. It’s very easy to forget about it cause I’m used to having to charge my device for hours, and ending up with 100% “by accident” (really need to keep an eye on that with my new phone cause I can’t set it to not charge 100%).

When I first turned it on I thought " oh fuck!" cause I was greeted with a “Secured by Knox” message. After the Knox debacle with a Note (I forgot which one) where you couldn’t even use flip covers that would unlock the phone by simply opening the cover if it wasn’t from Samsung (I think ones from Spigen worked too), rooting being impossible due to Knox and some other issues due to Knox’s hand-holding, and also my rather meh experiences with Samsung phones, I didn’t bother keeping up with it.
I feared that it’s still pretty locked down to the point where side loading apps or maybe even alternative launchers wouldn’t work. But to my surprise there weren’t any problems at all. Even the “not Samsung” flip cover works with my Tab A, so when I open it I don’t even have to swipe up to unlock it.

Another good thing is the battery saver. It’s not as aggressive as others (which just clear the whole RAM and necessary apps just start again). Also, there are different presets you can choose from and even modify some aspects (like if you want the CPU performance throttled to 70% or not, or how much the screen brightness should be reduced, and also if you want apps to be able to use wifi while they’re running in the background).

It did come with a variety of “bloatware”, all of them being Samsung’s apps. But to my surprise most of them can be uninstalled, rather than just “uninstall all updates”.
I don’t need Bixby or this weird community thing or Samsung’s app store.
Out of the box the onboard storage is pretty clean. 21.9GB of 32GB are free to use - and Samsung even lists that on their product page. Didn’t expect that tbh.

One odd thing though, is that it only officially supports microSDs with up to 400GB. Their customer support says 512GB aren’t guaranteed to work, so mileage may vary. The odd part about that is that Samsung does not make 400GB microSDs, so they basically tell you to buy from their competition if you want to use the max. guaranteed to work capacity.

1 Like

TL;DR Only 400GB is supported because thats the largest size that currently exsists that they can test with

2 Likes

Sounds about right judging by Samsung’s first 512GB microSD release (around October 2018, tablet was released August 2018).

Intrusive DRMs are the worst.

Amazon uses an equally annoying DRM on their Audible audiobooks as they use a proprietary audio format. It’s just a pain in the ass to deal with. At least the ebooks can be converted without a hassle.

And here’s Nintendo, not even 512GB SD Cards… Hold my Beer XD

Screenshot%20from%202019-07-01_15%3A31%3A07

Too bad the largest you can buy right now is 1TB…starting at 420€ (giggity).

But it IS fucking amazing. 1TB/1000GB in a card the size of a fingernail.

1 Like

No wonder at such High capacities :oregano: XD

I struggle to fill my 400GB card as it is and I have like 100GB of roms + Switch games and emulated NAND and thats not even half of it XD

1 Like

Are you even trying?
I had no issues (unfortunately) filling my 128GB microSD with manga and comics. For some reason some of them have ridiculous file sizes for what they are and compared to others with the same file type.

How big are Switch games?
Although, it’s easier to fill up the storage on a device like a tablet where you can use lots of different media files. The Switch isn’t as multipurpose as a tablet or even a phone.