The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

Oh ye my plan is to also put 2 versions of Linux on here too lol

It really depend most are 1-3GB but bigger titles easily go over 5GB. my biggest game right now is Mario Kart 8 at 6.8GBs

1 Like

Those arenā€™t exactly big numbers. I was expecting 10-30GB per game.

@Michael doesnt really play the big games lol. Some stuff like doom requires 20GB XD

1 Like

Neat

1 Like

Hype thats amazing, it really has the look and feel of how Iā€™d expect a more modern Morrowind to be :smiley:

Is temporary burn-in of static light elements (that then show on dark background after the light element has been moved/closed) normal on IPS displays?
I recently noticed this on my Philips monitor that when light elements (like context menus or chat boxes) kinda ā€œstay around as a ghostā€ for a while after I close/move them.
Afaik burn-in is less of an issue with IPS panels as compared to TN and (Am)Oled.

1 Like

Alan Wake copyrights have been held by Remedy Games but the publishing rights were held by Microsoft.

Which meant Microsoft had to approve any sequel.

The good news [Source VG247] is Remedy Games now have rights to publishing Alan Wake.

Source how about the Creative Director of Remedy Games Sam Lake:

Does this mean we could finally get a sequel to Alan Wake?

It is possible now. I think itā€™ll be a little bit before we get news of a sequel.

3 Likes

short term nope. But if its being left there for extended periods of time it will happen eventually

It wierd to see scott in a non sarcastic relaxed voice

1 Like

Philips calls it ā€œimage retentionā€ and says itā€™s not normal. Asking for pictures alreadyā€¦naughty.

Whatā€™s funny is that Philips has this ā€œPixel Orbitingā€ which shifts the image over a pixel and back (iirc) to prevent burn-in.

Dorco Razors a company I bought Razors from has announced they are shutting down their website and going to sell exclusive on Amazonā€¦
Soā€¦ Iā€™ve started looking at going toward electric razor. A good one is 200 but last 20 yearsā€¦ Yeah I could do that.

Me, knowing I donā€™t know half the things for drill down tomorrow but having a general idea of what Iā€™m supposed to do (ish)
gxjdhbtpzo~2

Lol. Oh well. 4 day weekend though after tomorrow.

3 Likes

Decided on safety razor. Cause cheaper and closer shave. No Iā€™m never growing a beard. It wouldnā€™t work for me.

3 Likes

Dont have the voice for a beard

2 Likes

Project Camelot Wiki updateā€¦
Iā€™ve input a very important history event in the wiki.

Now you may wonder is this history event in the story? Technically Yes. But it is more along the lines of repercussions and passing reference. I legit could write a short story just on this event alone but Iā€™m not trying to write the next Foundation here. Coming up with the the two major history events that impact the story has been interesting. I havenā€™t typed up the 2nd event just yet but I wrote it in my offline wiki.

Iā€™ve also come up with the timeframe as to when the story takes place. Iā€™m writing out what happens in relation to the outline by year or years. To give me a frame of reference. This is allowing me to figure out how I pace this story.

Iā€™m going to start the rewrite very soon. I got a few more things I got to hammer out for the first arc before I start. Once I rewrite the 1st two chapters Iā€™m going to get feedback again. Itā€™s going to be a bit before I do.

2 Likes

Old tablet came back from repair today.
Not a good experience. At all.
First the fucking GLS guy was too lazy to walk a few feet to my apartment building in the rain, so not only did he not try to see if Iā€™m home, he also didnā€™t leave one of those sticky notes. I was home all day. Nobody rang the bell. So I had to go out and get the package from a parcel shop. And I did call GLS to complain.

Then when I got home and opened that package I found the note from the repair company which basically said ā€œwe tested it and didnā€™t find any evidence for the claims that the device was laggingā€ (spoiler: it still did and touch input is now lagging too, not just switching between and opening apps, selecting settings, etc). Overall it using it felt worse than before I sent it in for repair.

On top of that they crammed everything in the box (why cram the wall plug in the same compartment as the USB cable when it has its own compartment?) and just tucked the protective plastic sleeve under the tablet instead of putting it in the sleeve.
I wish I couldā€™ve given the tablet to my grandma but withe the lagging and inconsistent touch input itā€™s not a satisfying experience for even the most basic uses.

What surprised me is that Amazon instantly offered me to send it back for a refund, so thatā€™s what Iā€™m doing. Iā€™m not gonna try to see if I can send back the flip cover cause itā€™s got sweat soaked into the fabric and thatā€™s just disgusting. Iā€™d feel trashy for sending that back. I rather take that 12ā‚¬ loss (and it did do a good job for the ~14 months I used it).

But I still feel bad that my grandma didnā€™t get to use the tablet. She said itā€™s okay cause she didnā€™t have one until now anyway but stillā€¦
Gonna look into Amazon Fire tablets as theyā€™re cheap, so I might get her one in a few months.

1 Like

ADS. SO MANY ADS XD

1 Like

We can buy them here without ads too.
~120ā‚¬ for a 8" 32GB one (16GB for ~105ā‚¬ but 16GB arenā€™t enough anymore nowadays, even with a microSD).

Do you have any first hand experience with them?

Only second hand. Sister had one and the entire lockscreen was just ads along with banners in the main OS

1 Like

I already knew that from one of MrMobileā€™s reviews. Kind of a mess as he didnā€™t get any recommendations based on his interests (despite him setting it to thatā€¦even for Amazon Prime which he already has).

Thatā€™s too intrusive for my taste. Lockscreen ads I can understand and might even tolerate to some extent. But fuck ads in the actual OS. Thatā€™s the reason why I didnā€™t want to get a regular phone from Xiaomi. Sure, for now theyā€™re allegedly only putting ads in the OS for certain regions but theyā€™re here to stay (according to Xiaomi). Nooo thanks. And cause MIUI is not just a launcher on top of Android but backed into the OS, they can roll out updates to activate ads in other regions or include even more places in the OS to show ads.