The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

Drill down went better than expected actually. I am just sad I broke bearing twice but otherwise did as well as expected as far as remembering the moves and such. Neat.
Now off to hang with family and get my desktop and whatnot lol :smiley:

3 Likes

Iā€™m really curious how the New AMD cards are going to do against the NVIDIA Super Cards. Weā€™ll know soon enough.

4 Likes

woot. back on my 2700x desktop.
and, more importantly, 4k screen :smiley: will post pics later when it decides to stop updating lolā€¦

3 Likes

My grandma is at this event for my cousin whoā€™s getting her Bachelors degree today. Iā€™m proud of her but not much of a ā€œgoing to social eventsā€ guy, so Iā€™m staying at home.
And apparently my other cousin decided to not use his Bachelor in IT and become a teacher instead.
So now Iā€™m the only currentā€™s generation child in the family without a degree other than high school and a NEET.
But I made pizza today, so I have that going on for me, which is nice.

2 Likes

those square pizzas lolā€¦ forgot those are a thing. looks good tho

2 Likes

RIP Korea Monitor that I used for 5 years. Now Iā€™m down to 1 Korea Monitor and it is also 5 years old and showing signs of death. Looks like Iā€™ll be getting a new monitor sooner rather than later.

3 Likes

The other one died shortly after that postā€¦ so I have a new monitor

Wait there is moreā€¦

The RX 480 I had has been replaced withā€¦

An EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Black

Monitor is also gsyncā€¦

Yeah I spent serious money todayā€¦ I donā€™t want to talk about that. I calulated and budgeted it out and yes I was able to get these two things.

What Monitor did I get. Its an Alienware one that was on sale at Microcenter.

4 Likes

Interesting how different peopleā€™s requirements are. I have the same RX 480 and Iā€™m still fine with its performance due to the kind of games I play (and Iā€™m only using a 60Hz 1080p monitor).

1 Like

If I didnā€™t have my 4k panel I wouldnā€™t be bothering to upgradeā€¦ Now Iā€™m just choosing between RRX 2070 Super or just buying a 1080 on the cheap. Hmm.

1 Like

Probably depends on the price. If you can get the 1080 for super cheap thatā€™s a no brainer.

my brothers selling his 1080 but the shipping on that would be horrible XD

3 Likes

Adventures on the 4th so far; a brewery

And now a wine place (pic of my dad as well)

So far so good. 4th of July is an interesting holiday when in the militaryā€¦ :smiley:

Edit; having a buffalo bacon flat bread (basically pizza) now :smiley:

3 Likes

Impressions of playing games on the 2080ti at 3440x1440:
This card can play the games I have at max and it is a lot quieter than my RX 480.

It is a difference going from 60 hz monitor to a 100hz G-sync monitor. It can overclock to 120 but 100hz is high enough for me.

I do have Shadow of Tomb Raider that does have RTX stuff with a patchā€¦ but I havenā€™t played it enough to give an impression. To really test ray tracing Iā€™m going to need a game designed with it from the first day it comes out. Like say Remedy Games Control or Cyberpunk 2077.

Now the tragic thing is not all games support 3440x1440. So those games I just play in windowed at 2560x1440.

Oh the card came with Wolfenstein Youngblood. Which you redeem and play through the Bethesda Launcherā€¦ yeah. Okay Iā€™m alright with that. I mean I got it for free after all.

3 Likes

RTX Quake

2 Likes

Happy 4th, all :smiley:

(Well, except @Michael lol)

3 Likes

and @TheDiddilyHorror doesnt count too unless they have something going on too

3 Likes

I mean, Germans are fine
ā€¦
Those pesky Austrians though, not so much lol ā€¦

2 Likes

this youtube channel is pretty neat :smiley:

1 Like

looks very interesting, covers quite a variety of topics too. Iā€™ll have to check it out.

1 Like

Shooty boat models, among other adventures today

2 Likes