The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

cries in 720p medium

3 Likes

lols
https://imgur.com/co2NGZG.jpg

20190719183506_1

2 Likes

i will say, definitely going to get a custom cooler for this thing though as soon as thats a thing lol. preferably an AIO but a thicc air cooler would work as well. temps areā€¦ meh at best and its rather loud but it is a reference card so is to be expected. i had to fix the fan curve so it would stop overheating in games lolā€¦

1 Like

Very nice.

This is what I got on the RTX 2080 ti [Iā€™m running stock]

I do find it interesting your Physics score is higher than mine.

3 Likes

2700X at full 4.2ish GHz boost under load makes for some insane 3dmark results :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

It had been so long since I last played Fallout 4 I had to update a lot of my mods.

It does look nice at 3440x1440ā€¦
But the HUD is kinda stretched and not proper.
Which isnā€™t an issue since I use iHUD [Praise GOPHER]
20190719233248_1
Thatā€™s my character on this playthrough. Iā€™m still near the start and I havenā€™t even built a settlement:
20190719233308_1

I really need to just stick with focusing on beating some of my backlog while I wait for Control cause once that out, Iā€™ll just play that and only that till I finish it.

so after tweaking the power limit down 10% now the 5700 xt runs at 67C max in forzaā€¦ lol. previously under same fan profile it was up in the 80s.
but also screencaps
Forza%20Horizon%204%207_20_2019%209_33_53%20AM

2 Likes

Oh also, because I got the 5700 XT I now have 3 months of game pass from Microsoftā€¦ Then again, the games are on windows store so even if they are free itā€™sā€¦ Windows store. Lol. Oh well.
With the 10% lower power limit the GPU sits around 1700-1800 MHz instead of 1800mhzish which for a 15 degree drop in temp is fine for me lol. Until I get the new PSU I ordered and can really tune things I think the 10% less power is going to be good.
Will eventually mess with power tables mods and whatnot but not now.

1 Like

i forgot i had this save of M&B with my 50 knights, 40 lancers, and etc lolā€¦

2 Likes

i think i broke M&B lol
so i have an army of 150ish knights, and i can have up to 210 men in it total, so when i max it out and the enemies beseige i castleā€¦ I ride up and join the battle. But because of how the game works, my 200 men and the 600-1200 enemies all spawn into the battle/fight in one battle.
so basically, i can fight for about 10-15 minutes before the corpses pile up so high the 32bit program crashes lmao
ā€¦
tenor

its annoying because the khergit are mounted armies, so fighting them in a normal battle (which is round based, not an endless fight like seiges are) works fineā€¦ but takes 3 times as long as i have to chase down all the dman enemy cavalry lolā€¦

2 Likes

yet another reason why games should move to 64bit and shouldā€™ve a long time ago before now.

4 Likes

I mean 64 bit has been available since what 2003 if I recall right. 16 years later and most games are 32 bit still. What the hell?

2 Likes

Its called there have been no major game engine improvements since then. All of them have just been tweaks ontop of exsisting engines. Plus 32bit still isnt dead yet

1 Like

You are right about the video game engines. There are a few that I think can do 64 bit but I canā€™t recall at the momentā€¦ give me a moment Iā€™ll find out.

2 Likes

you can always make the argument but there will be a time when weā€™ll have to hard push away from it. shoudā€™ve happened a long time ago but no one wants to make that move. Just look at Ubuntu having to back-peddle on their plans to stop 32bit multilib support.

Out of the engine I know support 64bit are Ubisoftā€™s Snowdrop is (the one Division uses) as well as EAs Frostbite also UE4 and Unity do as well. Pretty such Square Enix Avalancheā€™s engine is too

2 Likes

That was 100% steams fault. They basiclly said they were just gonna drop all ubuntu support and that pissed off the ubuntu community

2 Likes

Video game engines that can do 64 bit:
Unreal 4 but itā€™s up to the dev to chose 32 or 64
Lumberyard [Amazonā€™s fork of Cryengine]
REDengine 3 and 4 [CD Projeckt]
Northlight engine [Remedy]

The thing about Steam dropping Ubuntu is thats is almost a none issue because Steam will still work on Ubuntu even if they did. Thereā€™s always the flatpak package and Steam has its own runtime with 32-bit libraries anyway so games will still work that run against them but I canā€™t really fault Steam too much because the transition will make using Ubuntu on Steam for the average user much harder than it is now and providing support for that would be terrible.

and stuff like flatpack, snap, docker, etc is a bitch to use for desktop applications

Valve could have easily gone like hey weā€™ll just move everything to Debian but thatā€™d be a bit mad also as much as I love Debian is very niche even for Linux.