The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

Debian is the mac osx to the linux world. You can make anything run on it but nothing is “offically” supported

2 Likes

That was actually Steams official statement on the matter. If Ubuntu moved to 64-bit they said they’ll move to Debian.

2 Likes

Made pizza

And I didn’t pull a @Michael

3 Likes

It did come out a bit blurry, though. At what resolution do you usually bake?

1 Like

Who knew car shopping would be so ridiculous? Not me… So pretty sure Car is about to go. Hope it can last to go into the shop to check and see. Planning to get new car a lot sooner than I planned. I’m searching through and it is endless.

This will be my first car I buy. Planning to get used but good brand. Cause cheaper. Going with sedan and good gas mileage. Lots of options.

My company does offer the ability to buy through the company discount program which seems like a good idea.

4 Likes

I got one word for ya:

4 Likes

You’ve won the internet but only for today.

3 Likes

Or do you want something that runs on kerosene?

Maybe making noises will convince you to buy it.

1 Like

cargurus is a great site to use to find what the good deals are in your area. It’s how I found my Mini.

3 Likes

This is amazing. Thanks for the resource.

3 Likes

Confused that ford is selling a brand new 2019 for 5 thousand below the normal price… I got to take a look at this. Ford Sedans have been pretty good lately though they don’t make many anymore. Anyway I contacted the dealer to see if I can take a look at it on Saturday.

1 Like

2020 model year releases around this time

kinda long read but this is neat.

TL:DR. you know modern computers have buses such as PCIe for connecting high speed devices well there also have an LPC bus for really slow things the motherboard may want todo like for serial, keyboard, mouse, onboard audio and such. well LPC is just a modified version of IBMs ISA and the TPM header on most motherboards has direct access to the bus. Meaning its entirely possible to connect old legacy ISA devices to the TPM header and hack them to work on modern computers such as this open sourced version of the Soundblaster audio card.

2 Likes

Neat. Always wondered what the TPM header was for.

this is not what a TPM header is for lol. TPM headers are for external cryptography modules but being the only thing with a direct interface to the LPC bus makes interesting things like this

2 Likes

Interesting. I think i get the general idea but the details are over my head. And this is just a thought experiment so far, right? Who would make a compatible version just to see if it would work?

1 Like

ye in theory it does but no body has actually made anything that works with it yet.

1 Like

Project Icarus [This is what I’m calling my car research and car buying saga.] Update

I found two possible cars. I’m going to go look at both. One is 30 minutes away. The other is closer.

I’ll see both on Saturday. Not going to buy on Saturday. My car should last. My Dad is also searching as well to see what he finds and let me know about deals and consumer reports stuff. My Dad and I are both very detail oriented people and research things in great detail before we buy.

4 Likes

Been teaching myself how to machine. Made on a metal lathe out of aluminium. Nurled, Taped, and beveled edges :smiley:. Has ABSOLUTELY zero use besides practice but it turned out quite well for my second attempt at making something

3 Likes

nice that looks cool and to me anyway very professionally made. though for usefulness I could see myself playing with that for hours just fiddling screwing and unscrewing it as a kinda stress relief thing lol

2 Likes