The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

That’s a good thing. Better safe than sorry. Made that mistake once myself when I signed a contract for work (ended up working 70h+ per week and getting paid shit).
It’s always good to read the fine print to avoid nasty surprises.

1 Like

Remember the weird mouse issue I was having it was a video driver issue that has now been fixed:

GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 431.68

GeForce Hotfix display driver version 431.68 is based on our latest Game Ready Driver 431.60. This Hotfix driver addresses the following:

• Mouse cursor may render incorrectly after exiting a game
3 Likes

Well, guess who just got a notification from Amazon that a package couldn’t be delivered because it got damaged during shipping.
For FUCKS sake…

Seems like it happened at/on the way to the last package station. Just like with the Xiaomi Mi A1.

1 Like

Either Amazon need todo a better job of packaging or the delivery companies stop throwing shit everywhere its honestly ridiculous at this point. just watch though an internationally shipped package going like 10x the distance will be completely fine XD

1 Like

It’s not even only Amazon Logistics. The packages get damaged when they’re delivered by Austrian Postal Service, DHL and Amazon Logistics. But it’s the 2nd time now a package was reported “damaged” at the last package station. And I wouldn’t be surprised if they try to deliver it anyway…again.

I wouldn’t be surprised. Amazon Germany uses sub-par packaging for basically everything. The envelopes/boxes are too big and not nearly enough packaging material used.

When I got a book shipped from a location in the UK (from Book Depository) the packaging was way better (actually a proper size for the book) and not the least bit damaged.

1 Like

290X (actually a 390X) up through 5700 XT in FireStrike. Only really care about graphics results but I still added the percentage for overall result just for giggles.

The Vega 56 is running within margin of error of the Vega 64 out of the box so it should still be accurate.

1 Like

WANT!

1 Like

Probably cost a good bit.

1 Like

Expensive, but also reasonable for what it is (and taking prices for gunpla and prices for figurines into account).

2 Likes

VMWare crashed… so my bleeding Edge version of Windows 10 for bug testing is gone…
Also my Debian VM is gone… Aww dang I’m going to miss that one.

Luckily only two Virtual Machines lost. I only had two. Also I haven’t submitted any bug reports in the past two weeks.

Getting another VM up and running is going to take a bit for Windows 10. Especially the test build version. I’ll do it but it is going to take a moment.

3 Likes

uh always sucks losing VMs. what I’ve tended todo is after I get my VMs setup is creating compressed images of them so I can get more or less back up and running fast if i lose them without taking up too much space for those backups.

1 Like

VMWare has been pretty good.

I may go back to just using virtual box though since I’m just bug testing for Windows 10.

2 Likes

Finally saw Avenger’s Endgame The Following is My Non Spoiler Review:
My bar for good action films is Mad Max Fury Road , honestly it is my bar I judge a lot of movies by.
My bar for good comic book film is DREDD or The Dark Knight [sometimes both]

So how does this film do against the bar of Mad Max Fury Road:

Meh or

This film is a mess. A hot mess that thinks it is the best thing ever. There are a lot of suddenly out of nowhere moments and that is poor writing. The fix to the problem from the last film I wasn’t surprised by. The film had some moments but MEH.

So how did it do against DREDD?
Fail. DREDD I can follow the action. There is real character development. The film is a perfect 1 hour and 30 minutes. Still has one of the best female comic book characters. This film… action is a mess. No character development. Most of the characters were flat in performance. Oh it seems unfair to Judge a 3 hour film against an 1 hour and 30 minute masterpiece that very few saw in the theather? Oh I got you…

How Did it do against The Dark Knight?
Fail. The Dark Knight is a tour de force. It’s a reckoning. It’s perfect as it is. The escalation. The pacing, the action, the acting, the music, and the camera work. Endgame is just a a pop corn burner. It’s meh, easily forgettable, and no I don’t see myself ever re-watching it.

End of non spoiler thoughts.

TLDR - I’m glad I didn’t see it in theater cause this film is MEH.

3 Likes

Its a hot mess but is a gold nugget in a pile of poo compared to other marvels movies. Is 100% some parts where people break character and you just sit there like “the fuck”. Also every single god damn conspiracy video called it about how its was going to fix itself

1 Like

2 Likes

RIP such a sad loss :frowning:

2 Likes

This level is just PURE evil and i love it XD

2 Likes

lmao that level is soo deviously brilliant its great :smiley:

gives you just enough to make your finally getting somewhere and yeets you back to the start again XD

1 Like

Working on the outline for the story gave me an idea for a way to start the story off on the right tone. It came to me as I worked on the outline for Chapter 5 the first half of chapter 5. I though hey I like how this starts, very bleak, despair, dread, good stuff. Then I thought What if I use that first half of Chapter 5 to create a better starting point for Chapter 1.

One thing I don’t want to do to the reader is misled them. I want to be honest from the start. How I had it starting it seemed like a normal everyday school class… which is very misleading. I don’t want anyone thinking this is a young adult novel. No all the no. This is a story for Adults but it can be read by teens/young adults but they aren’t my target audience. Am I tossing the school out? No. It still happens but a little bit later in the chapter.

So What am I going to do with the start of the first chapter. I don’t want to spoil too much but I’ll tell you it involves a door frame. Oh I got you curious don’t I: What is this door frame I’m speaking of? Why is it in the start of the story? How does it set the tone? What does it mean?
All this questions will be answered, you just have to wait.

3 Likes

This weekend is an action film weekend for me:
I’m going to see Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw on Friday. At the normal theater for 15 bucks.
On Saturday: Godzilla : King of the Monsters at the $2 Theater

I had planned to see the Godzilla earlier but I have been working overtime.