The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

if your talking about the place I think you are about it caps your download a little iirc, at least i can’t saturate my connection with it but it does come fairly close for single large files.

2 Likes

RIP Intel, what you are even thinking. 400W server CPU with less cores, IPC and more expensive than the EPYC counterpart :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

…In an effort to focus more on writing, I unsubscribed from a lot of Youtube channels. All tech is gone. I have feedly getting news from GURU3D which is really all the tech news I need if I’m honest. I’m not finished either. I’m looking very closely at the others and ask myself do I want to stay subscribed keep watching what they putting out or writing.

I’ve gotten back to updating the wiki… I kinda fell off updating the online version so now the offline is more updated than the online. So I’m going to work on that.

Also going to make 50 desktop wallpapers by Sunday. I can do it and yes all 50 will be High Quality.

3 Likes

Wired - No latency, don’t have to worry about battery life. You can get a good pair for a fair price that won’t eat your wallet.

1 Like

So im becoming more and more a mustard “fiend”. Like i seriously cant get enough of the shit. Most of the time on my sandwiches there is more mustard than mayo. Only problem is that mustard really fucks with my tonsils. Doesnt help that im german lol

(American Nuclear Yellow mustard btw)

3 Likes

SENF!

Any favorite brands/flavors? Trying out different stuff? Or just the regular French’s Mustard?

Just regular stuff atm. Is not really any decent non “French’s” style mustard that isnt also expensive. I can pay $0.55 for a bottle of generic mustasrd or $8 for anything high quality. Used to hate the stuff as a kid though.

1 Like

That’s pretty cheap. I think the cheapest tube here is 0.69€.

That’s expensive indeed.

Lemme guess: mostly regular American mustard, honey mustard and Dijon mustard?
Here we have a metric fuck ton of variety. Horse radish mustard, chili, Tabasco, English, grill mustard, beer mustard, Colman’s, sweet, regular mustard, American mustard (Heinz), Dijon, etc.
But I think none of them costs the equivalent of $8.

2 Likes

Atleast in the midwest where i live the only kinds that you really see is the american mustard and “Spicy/Dijon Mustard” which is pretty much just the same of american stuff but brown, and a bit of heat.

Thats only for the type/quality of mustard i would feel ok with putting on a pretzel

2 Likes

I had the French’s mustard before (expensive from a British import store) and compared to our regular mustard it’s pretty sour. Kinda the same as the mustard that Burger King uses here. Our “standard” mustard is Estragon (you get it pretty much everywhere, even in restaurants, grocery stores at the meat counter, and of course at the typical Würstelstand) which is bit less sour but my go-to is Sarepta or if I want a bit more spicyness then English Special mustard.

Get some Bratwurst and then make your own Zwiebelsenf (mustard, chopped onions, a bit of curry powder); Bosna is so fucking good.

Never heard of putting mustard on a pretzel, we use Liptauer.

2 Likes

:yum:

Ive pretty much had it but minus the curry powder. Only problem with the brats i can get here is how thick they get. Is no room for toppings :frowning:

Probably a american thing but its pretty common for any place that sells pretzels to have generic pretzels as a condiment option.

Dont have anything like that around me. Closet thing i get is canned nacho cheese (Cant even track down anything decent too :frowning: )

2 Likes

That’s not close by any means :rofl:
It’s a different kind of cheese spread made with cottage cheese.
Alternatively you could look for one of the more savory flavors of Philadelphia (from Kraft) spreads.

Ah, I see. Those look quite different than our bratwurst. Both thickness and color. I guess could be difficult to track down some Nürnberger bratwurst which is what you get here if you ask for bratwurst.
Or get some bigger buns to make the bratwurst and the toppings fit :smirk:

Mmmm Rehydrated milk powder XD
Is like saying american cheese is real cheese :face_vomiting:

We do have a “german” grocery store aldi’s here. Might try there during the ethnic week

2 Likes

And you think canned nacho cheese has ever seen real cheese? :rofl:
It’s the same with the “toast cheese” here. The individually wrapped slices of cheese. I’ve seen how they’re being made and it’s like 80% fat with some artificial cheese and food coloring powder.
But you could make your own spread with real cottage cheese and other ingredients.

Afaik they have different names in different countries. Here in Austria it’s Hofer (but still with the A from Aldi in the logo).
Lidl is also German afaik. (seems like there aren’t any stores in the US, though, but @Michael should know them).

2 Likes

Lidl is great here, soo cheap compared to a lot of other places and its actually pretty good too.

2 Likes

No but its atleast tastes “cheesy

Never been there because i dont do a super large amount of grocery shopping

2 Likes

The “” are important. I bet a lot of Swiss, French, Dutch, Italian people would disagree with you.

Do they only have big packs there that are more suited for families?
Just because it’s a huge store doesn’t mean you have to buy a lot.

1 Like

no. Its just that the closest one i know of is all the way in another sub-town and i pass by 5-6 other large retail grocery stores on the way at the minimum XD

It is by no means cheese but i can actually stand eating it vs american. I time i eat american cheese is on grilled cheese and fast food items

2 Likes

It’s way more expensive but I switched to regular sliced cheddar (the softer more orangey kind, not the crumbly ones). So much better.

Makes sense to go there rather than wasting gas.

If any of you are interested in Ducktales Remastered on Steam, get it now. After today (August 9th) it’ll be no longer available on Steam.

2 Likes