The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

Oh that is useful more study material woot…
And I can throw these on my Kobo for studying at working during lunch break. Yes Thanks for the tip.

2 Likes

Disclamer on my Lunch break: It takes me 1 minute to eat. The other 29 minutes I’m waiting to clock back in. I was using the time to work on the outline for the story I’m writing but I paused that to give myself time to write the first arc. Now I can be more effective with those 29 other minutes.

2 Likes

At this rate it will be bootable by 2053 XD

1 Like

I mean you can get it on Debian now but it isn’t exactly stable XD

You scarfing it down or just a small snack? It irritates me at times because half a hour is too short to go anywhere so i end up just killing my momentum of wanting to work and i get ZERO leniency so if i do go somewhere a long line could get me in trouble.

1 Like

It’s a sandwich of ham, swiss cheese, and olive oil flavored mayo. I could take an hour but I’d rather keeping working the hours I have so I don’t have to deal with extra terrible traffic.

2 Likes

I’ll be getting this and having the shop that’s switching the pump install it as well. I would do it myself but I don’t have tools here so yeah lol.

1 Like

Well, if you say so then it must be safe.

4 Likes

The whole world is a fucking pitty party for the weak and feable.

His statement I think would hold up very well in a judicial setting where accusation and charges require precise definition.

Not that am old mans opinion really matters in what is ultimately up to the justice system. I would have told those kids to go fuck themselves, find another institution of higher education to ruin.

Sick to death of goddamn politics being dragged into every fucking aspect of what I enjoy.

3 Likes

I just installed the Thrush Welded mufflers on mine. They sound pretty good I may prefer them over my old flow masters. They’re pretty inexpensive too.

watched another interesting talk on physical security, thought it was very familiar and sure enough its the same guy in this. now with doors vulnerable to vaping and access control boxes that use the keys to get inside the internals and fire the relays to open doors.

1 Like

Its amazing what you see when you stop and look. Spend 20 minutes in any store and you could probably rob them and never get caught

1 Like

ye not even that. on the talk just by google maps alone he was able to find out what access control boxes, the type of elevator from the panels and how to gain entry to a secured building before even stepping foot on the ground.

1 Like

Interesting writing happening in rewrite of Chapter 1 : Not enough to merit a blog post though.

What happened: As I worked on the rewriting a supporting character took a path I hadn’t planned but it made perfect since when I said: Wait… no I know this character why are they doing this action it makes no since. They should do REDACTED TO NINTH LEVEL TO AVOID SPOILERS. This will result in changing of somethings but it works.

2 Likes

Darn you. Looking forward to the book though

1 Like

In a world of ever connecting people its amazing what slips through the cracks

1 Like

Hi lounge. Sry ive been gone a while. Dealing with work and other things

3 Likes

Life happens… like getting hit in a car from behind by another car… that happened today. I’m okay. Car is okay. Yes cops and insurance where called. I’m not at fault but 3 hours of my life was spent on it.

Now I just want to go to microcenter and buy pc parts and build a pc to calm down but I remind myself no I’m saving for a new car I can build pcs later.

1 Like

its always the little things that someone somewhere got lazy during an installation or design of a product, layout of a building but thats all it takes to get an advantage.

1 Like

Kinda of interesting:
three films I happen to love all came out in the last four years and they are all in the sci fi genre and start with the letter A:
Arrival 2016
Annihilation 2017
Alita: Battle Angel 2019

What about 2018?
MEG but not A also not sci fi Also falls into a special genre I have call The Statham Genre. Rules Jason Statham has to be in the main cast. Ever see Ghost of Mars? You should really go see it. Also Snatch. Snatch is great.

How is 2020 looking for films?:

No Time To Die - April 3, 2020 - James Bond film. This is the official last film of Daniel Craig as James Bond. I’ve banned myself from all news, trailers, and future posters of the film. I just now the title and release date. That’s all I need.

Top Gun: Maverick - June 26, 2020 - Top Gun is a classic film for a lot of reasons. No it isn’t perfect but it is a good film. This is directed by the person who did the last mission impossible film, that film was pretty good.

As for Sci Fi… nothing on the radar yet. I already told you all what I was seeing for the rest of the year before:

Terminator Dark Fate November 1, 2019
Star Wars Episode 9 - Decmber 20, 2019

Yeah there really isn’t much left for the year.

Aside: I’m concerned about gatekeeping of sci fi shows behind streaming service paywalls. I believe science fiction should be easily accessible to inspire, explore, and wonder.